Hidden treasures - used cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter zPhoenix
  • 61 comments
  • 6,198 views
Don't forget the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, the '97 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, and an older Jaguar XKR, all in used lot II
 
I picked up an Impreza PRODRIVE version. I know prodrive is a tuning/engineering company but i never knew this car existed. Its cool to see it in Gran Turismo 4:).


falcon500
do u hav 2 buy the toyota altezza and toyota vitz from used car cuz u cant buy em and u need em for the 2 toyota manufacturer cups

falcon500
with toyota i was tryin 2 do the races for toyota and went 2 buy the 2 cars u need for em but they dont hav em for sale in toyota showroom so u gota find em in used car lots do u ?

falcon500
oh tru haha lolz my bad thanx dude hehe

You know the 10 seconds you save by talking in short form you cost everyone else 5 minutes of trying to figure out what the **** you're talking about.
Oh and wtf is lol Z?
Z?:dunce:
 
Delta hf Integrale - i was so happy when i finally got one in my fauvorite red ;] Also blue 22B Sti, Skyline midnight purple, Peugeot 205 turbo 16 & Integra Type-r with four round headlights ( hmm i don't remember but in the game it's Acura ) :]
 
I have bought not only 1 but 2 Sileighty in GT mode, but none of them appear in Arcade mode. Do someone have answer for this?
 
is the midnight purple 300ZX rare at all? because i have one :D
 
chinko
is the midnight purple 300ZX rare at all? because i have one :D

Interesting, i remember i've seen it only once or twice, but i didnt buy. cause i buy everything in black.
 
Sti04
Interesting, i remember i've seen it only once or twice, but i didnt buy. cause i buy everything in black.

black cars suck :sly: :lol:
 
The Evo V ('98) is a must have because I think it's the easiest Evo to win races with (barring maybe the VI). The Jensen Healey Mark III ('74) is a good muscle car, even if you can't enter it in any muscle car events. Another good car is the MR2 G-Limited ('86) because it lays waste to everything else in the 80's cup. The '89 Skyline GTR is the lightest stock GTR (except the 2 70's Skylines) and is also good in 80's cup (as is the '89 300ZX and the '83 240 RS Silvia). The '73 Skyline GTR is good because it's pretty good in the Japan 70's car cup.
The Sileighty is won when you finish the Silvia cup.
 
Toronado
The '89 Skyline GTR is the lightest stock GTR (except the 2 70's Skylines) and is also good in 80's cup. The '73 Skyline GTR is good because it's pretty good in the Japan 70's car cup.

Exactly what I did.. :)
 
Sti04
I have picked up a Honda NSX type R 92 recently. it's a diamond in the dirt. :dopey:

You took it to the dirt!! *shakey shouting voice*, shame on you~~!!!
 
There's also a red Ford... that comes around, sorry forgot the name... the one they made a rally car with... I've only seen it once in the older car lot I think...
 
Canadian Speed
There's also a red Ford... that comes around, sorry forgot the name... the one they made a rally car with... I've only seen it once in the older car lot I think...

Sounds like you could be talking about the RS200?

Heres the rally car version

 
Are you even sure it's a Ford? He could be speaking of the Renault R5 Turbo....

*browses over list* Add it!
 
Renault added... I really enjoyed that race too, but I'm not sure why. It just felt good.

I don't remember ever needing a Ford from used car lot. The Chevelle, Camaro and the (oh so wonderful!) Corvette Grand Sport yes, the Viper I got from buying a Chrysler Crossfire and winning the Crossfire Trophy, and I think I beat the rest of the US races with prize cars.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, if any of the cars listed can be obtained as prizes, please let me know too because they should not really be in the list. Same goes if a car is not needed.

Since some drivers will be beginners I'll arbitrarily define "needed" as "needed by a beginner driver b-speccing with pretty low b-spec points".
 
You can win the R5 turbo II in the special condition hall as well as buy it.

Also you can't buy the AC 427 used, the Hommel berlinetta or the Jaguar E-Type.
 
falcon500
do u hav 2 buy the toyota altezza and toyota vitz from used car cuz u cant buy em and u need em for the 2 toyota manufacturer cups

the cars you buy are lexus
 
I bought the midnight purple skyline. Beautiful car and a pleasure to drive.
 
What about the '67 Mercury Cougar and the old Honda S600-S800 and older skylines and stuff. A lot of the old cars in the classic lot are pretty nice.

Also, the Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R is on the list twice (the second time listed under "Mustang Cobra R") if you want to get rid of the second one :)
 
A must-have (for me at-least) is also the Honda Accord Euro-R! Okay, it's a FF sedan but it drives like it was on rails! I can't say I have problems with oversteering in the corners with it and it's pretty fast too.

Fully tuned to ±355HP it's a blast to drive! It just looks so good lowered to 92mm (front) and a huge wing (3D thingy) on the rear ^^" I've killed some EVOs and Skylines in races with it :P
-
Still, one of my favourite cars from the old-car slot is the Peugot 205! :D Maybe I should try the EVO TMA for a change... I hear everywhere nothing but good remarks about that car!
 
Does anyone have any idea how to get the Daihatsu Midget? I've hunted around the used car lots for a while, but can't find one. Only reason I want one is to do the Midget race.

Thanks for any info
 
i just bought a honda NSX in the used car lot for $23,000 :D
 
Dizzy K
Does anyone have any idea how to get the Daihatsu Midget? I've hunted around the used car lots for a while, but can't find one. Only reason I want one is to do the Midget race.

Thanks for any info

UC II, the one in the middle under "Home" on the map. It comes out very rarely, though, I only see it four or five times a cycle.
 
Sti04
I have bought not only 1 but 2 Sileighty in GT mode, but none of them appear in Arcade mode. Do someone have answer for this?
For some reason it doesn't appear under Nissan but you can find it in the "By Era" tab in 1998. Maybe PD doesn't think it is a "real" Nissan???
 
Dizzy K
Does anyone have any idea how to get the Daihatsu Midget? I've hunted around the used car lots for a while, but can't find one. Only reason I want one is to do the Midget race.

Thanks for any info
You're out of luck. I found it the first time I looked fot it, guess you'll have to keep looking. It'll come. :)
 
Fiat 500R '72
- Not sure why this might desirable; rare, yes...

Isuzu Piazza EX '81
- Actually a lot of fun to drive.

Lexus IS-300 (= Toyota Altezza)
- Not a used car; you must buy a new Altezza/IS300 to compete in the series. Perhaps you meant the GS 300 '91 or the SC 300 '97, which are quite decent used cars. Think of the GS as 4-door Supra, and the SC as an overweight, but gentle-handling Supra.

Lotus Carlton
- Amazingly hard to keep in line. Fun-to-drive, though.

Mazda RX-7 Bathurst
- No big deal, but a rare car. It

Mazda RX-7 Type RZ
- There's a black '92 and '93 and a '96 and a '97...and finally, the white one made in 2000. The last one's the rarest, I think.

Nissan 240 RS Silvia '83
- Super-rare used car. Everyone always asks about it. Sloppy handling.

Nissan Fairlady '68
- Rare car. Put a Stage 2 turbo on it and have fun keeping it pointed straight after hard acceleration.

Nissan Skyline GTr '70 (for Japan '70s series)
- The '70 is a prize car only, the '73 model is a rare, but quite effective used car.

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 (won at 206 race?)
- Again, a rare car (just 2 weeks out of 100). You win the 205 rally car in the 206 races.

Peugeot 206 S16 (DON'T!!! Get new 206RC for 206 Cup)
- But you'll get lots of A-spec points to go with your depleted bank account.

Renault R5 Turbo (may be won in special conditions hall)
- R5 is also rare, but you can win a new one.

Sileighty
- You can win a new one in the "Siliva Sisters" events.

Toyota Trueno Shigeno Edition
- Needs a race tranny to be effective. Otherwise, it's worth it.

Toyota Supra (RZ or 2.5GT Twin Turbo?)
- RZ's aren't that rare, but they're desirable just the same.

TVR Griffith 500
- Still as difficult to drive hard as it was in GT1. And GT2. And GT3.

TVR Cerbera Speed 6
- Great car, will net lots of A-spec points in the British GT Cup.
 
Thanks to all who assisted with my Midget enquiry. will have to keep hunting around :ouch:
 
bigjoe
For some reason it doesn't appear under Nissan but you can find it in the "By Era" tab in 1998. Maybe PD doesn't think it is a "real" Nissan???
It isn't listed as a Nissan in GT mode either. It just says "Sileighty" not "Nissan Sileighty".
 
It's not a Nissan. It's two Nissans put together by third-party drifters :)
 
Nope, it really came out as a production model, along with the 1-via. Weird, I know.
 
Back