High rollers club

Status
Not open for further replies.

NURBURGRINGKING

(Banned)
P4G4N1 Z0ND4 F
This is a thread for people who have BIG stats and achievements on GT4.

THIS POST IS FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO USE CHEATS OR DON'T NEED TO USE THEM - IF YOU DON'T LIKE CHEATS - GET LOST NOW.

To be a high roller here is classed as follows:

At least 950 cars in garage.
At least 98% game completion.
Have the knowledge to tune cars to OVER 290 mph without cheats OR the wheelie setup (i use the wheelie setup - so i have got nothing against it - just be capable of tuning cars to that level without it.)
At least 70 golds in licenses.
At least 96% win ratio
Be capable of 400m drag times of less than 9 seconds without cheats.

So...welcome. :)

THIS POST IS FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO USE CHEATS

[...]

To be a high roller here is classed as follows:
Have the knowledge to tune cars to OVER 290 mph without cheats OR the wheelie setup (i use the wheelie setup - so i have got nothing against it - just be capable of tuning cars to that level without it.)

So... you like cheats and welcome into your "club" people who cheat unless they use some specific cheats because then they aren't real cheats? What if people cheat by telling you they weren't cheating for these criteria when really they were?

This is a thread for people who have BIG stats and achievements on GT4.
You want BIG achievements?

Have the knowledge to tune cars to OVER 290 mph without cheats OR the wheelie setup
You chose 290 as that's what you can do? Try 300mph +

9 seconds is slooow. Fastest 1/4 mile times

(((---PRODUCTION CARS F.R.---)))
1. l3igMike33 - Viper SRT-10 - 8.092

(((---PRODUCTION CARS 4WD---)))
1. mafia_boy - Nissan GT-R Concept '01 - 7.325@302km/h

(((---PRODUCTION CARS M.R. & R.R.---)))
1. MadMax86 - Lotus Esprit 350 - 7.848

(((---AMERICAN MUSCLE (CARS MUST BE PRE 1975 AND FR)---)))
1. MadMax86 - '67 Shelby Cobra - 8.332

(((---NON-US PRODUCTION CARS CLASSICS UP TO 1975---)))
1. MadMax86 - '66 AC 427 S/C - 8.442

(((---RACE CARS ETC.---)))
1. I-Runner - Escudo - 7.081

(((----TUNER VILLAGE/FACTORY TUNERS----)))
1. mcsqueegy - Nismo GT-R (R34) R-Tune - 8.051

(((----SPEC C TOP 15----)))
1. cheezman - 6.183

(((---LIGHT TRUCK/SUV's---))) (All runs with * were run WITHOUT TCS!!)
1. MadMax86 - Toyota RSC Rally Car '02 - 8.205

(((---NO NITROUS ROAD CAR---))) (Cars must be run WITHOUT the nitrous attached!!)
1. MadMax86 - Nissan GT-R Concept '01 - 8.255

(((---NO NITROUS RACE CAR---))) (Cars must be run WITHOUT the nitrous attached!!)
1. MadMax86 - Suzuki Escudo Race Car - 7.780

And instead of your 5'10 Nordschleife time, why not try and beat this 4'40?

And I don't like cheats, so I should get lost, but I don't feel like it...

He knows all about the 1/4 Mile thread, in fact he made himself a bit of a ludicrous claim.

Ive done las vegas drag strip in 0.763 i think...something like that anyway :D (with a cheat obviously) in anything from the epiphany f1 car (:D) to the caterham - with cheats theyre all the same. :D Without cheats i can do 7.6 in a skyline R34 without NOS (somewhere around there - haven't checked lately).

Obviously would be more believable if he hadn't said the bit of no nitrous.

I guess daan beat me to it, I was just about to post the link to holl01's Minolta lap! :lol: That's a real non-cheating achievement. 👍

I hate cheats, and have never used them, however, I have some big stats in my signature that've been achieved honestly and without using NOS, so does this make me a high-roller? :sly:

I'd say people that use specific game cheats such as ARMax or Gameshark to give ridiculous power, money and laptime cheats and then come on here to brag about it should in fact be considered "Low"rollers, as there's nothing "high" and mighty about it at all. :yuck:

We already have a 100,000 A-spec club, a 100% Club, an 80 Gold Licence Test Club, a "What's your fastest 1/4 mile?" thread and a 300mph Club, so I'm really failing to see the point in this thread.

There's nothing special or impressive about having over 950 cars if you've punched in a couple of codes, obtained 4 squillionty Credits and gone out and bought one of everything. 👎

I guess daan beat me to it, I was just about to post the link to holl01's Minolta lap! :lol: That's a real non-cheating achievement. 👍

I hate cheats, and have never used them, however, I have some big stats in my signature that've been achieved

We already have a 100,000 A-spec club, a 100% Club, an 80 Gold Licence Test Club, a "What's your fastest 1/4 mile?" thread and a 300mph Club, so I'm really failing to see the point in this thread.
:bowdown::bowdown:
holl01's lap was truely monumental.
I cheated a couple times in the GTA games:indiff: however my criminal rating went down.
off-topic

I really do not see the point of this thread. There are many players at a higher caliber level on the great :gtplanet: than your requirements. Also, it is not 'high rolling' to cheat on a Gran Turismo game:tdown:.

NURBURGRINGKING If you really want to impress me try versing me on the 1/4 mile without cheats because nine seconds is not fast try 7s without cheats.

:bowdown::bowdown:
holl01's lap was truely monumental.
I cheated a couple times in the GTA games:indiff: however my criminal rating went down.
off-topic

I really do not see the point of this thread. There are many players at a higher caliber level on the great :gtplanet: than your requirements. Also, it is not 'high rolling' to cheat on a Gran Turismo game:tdown:.

I remember the first time I saw that vid, my jaw hit the ground. After all this time, the effect is still the same. Amazing time, amazing lap, incredible skill. 👍

Amazing time, amazing lap, incredible skill. 👍

Not saying that it isn't a good lap, but if you think that's skillful, try imagining doing such a lap *without* any downforce, TC/aids, or soft racing tyres. (Not by me, but it's been done before in more realistic games than GT4.)

So, nice to see everyone likes this thread...but please, will you all go easy on the cheat thing - as i have said before - i don't NEED cheats - i use them FOR FUN. And that Nurburgring time was wothout cheats on a stock sauber c9. I am currently on a project - to drive all the lmp cars on the 'ring, to see which one i can drive best - today i got a stock NO CHEATS R92CP 'round in 5:13 - it needs a little more brushing up - but i reckon i can get it to under 5:00 if i really focus...which is hard for me because once i make one mistake, i lose it...so it takes me a while...

And also, about that 290 mph thing - i didn't put that on because that is what i can achieve - i can do 301 in a zonda, and over 340 in a toyota gt-one, so, thats not because of my skill - i was setting the barrier low to encourage people who are maybe not so good to feel good - thinking that they are ''high rollers''.

I must apologize for one thing - that 1/4 mile thing - i was wrong - i can only do 8 seconds with NOS r34 skyline...told you i hadn't been on it for a while...too busy playing forza...

And by the way, what is the record on la sarthe (old or new) - i did 2:46 in F1 car...is that good?...i just know i am going to regret asking that...

Not saying that it isn't a good lap, but if you think that's skillful, try imagining doing such a lap *without* any downforce, TC/aids, or soft racing tyres. (Not by me, but it's been done before in more realistic games than GT4.)

Why would a Minolta go without downforce? And why would you not use Racing Soft tyres for a 4:40 lap? To do this would seem unrealistic.

Second, I doubt Holl01 used AIDS beyond TCS 1 or 2. It's been well proven on gtp that good drivers go faster without them. Furthermore, for many people it's an added benefit that zero AIDS give you better times while being more realistic, not a precondition to disabling them. In other words, if Holl01 could get better times using AIDS, then I'm sure he would, and I'd strongly encourage him to do so.

Also, I question the usefulness of your comparison to:
more realistic games than GT4
... this is a GT4 forum, there are other forums to discuss computer games on this site.

Finally, do you really think doing a 4:40 at the 'ring in the Minolta with no downforce, TCS or soft Racing tyres, is realistic? Do you really think any person on earth could achieve this?

In my opinion,
I think GT4's unrealistic because it doesn't have a mechanism where it can smash a brick wall into my face at 320km/h if I make a mistake.

Back on Topic:

NURBURGRINGKING: After freely admitting to using 'cheats' and confessing to posting a bs time, I'd suggest you post videos of your runs if you're going to make claims about times. Many gtp users' times are accepted at face value, but only after months or generally years of concise, honest and accurate recrord-keeping and reporting.

And you are?...

He's one of the most active members here at :gtplanet:. He has a lot of experience with cars (and every other stuff) in GT4 and he knows how to behave here in the forums. 👍 You asked.

Also: He asked you questions in his last post and replyed to this thread and you're asking "And you are?..." :confused: You should think before you post and you should analyze your own attitude.

That minolta lap was fake. Nobody can have the ability to get perfect curve around any corner - and to control the throttle is extremely hard, even with a steering wheel and pedals......in fact, that video looked to me like a very convenient GT4 PC based b-spec cheat or something, because you cant show replay on PS2 without track being shown - see the video YOU posted...IF somebody could do that lap - respect mate, but......
(any nerd can create their own cheat - for instance one that could make b-spec drive perfectly...)

And if i used x2,x3,x4,x8,etc. acceleration cheat - i could do it in less than 4:40...probably less than 4:00 even......i am not ashamed to use cheats - you still have to have skill to drive well with cheats...

That minolta lap was fake. Nobody can have the ability to get perfect curve around any corner - and to control the throttle is extremely hard, even with a steering wheel and pedals......in fact, that video looked to me like a very convenient GT4 PC based b-spec cheat or something, because you cant show replay on PS2 without track being shown - see the video YOU posted...IF somebody could do that lap - respect mate, but......
(any nerd can create their own cheat - for instance one that could make b-spec drive perfectly...)

And if i used x2,x3,x4,x8,etc. acceleration cheat - i could do it in less than 4:40...probably less than 4:00 even......i am not ashamed to use cheats - you still have to have skill to drive well with cheats...

Suuuuuuuuuuure, you need to be skillful to use cheats. :dunce: And what's the point of using cheats? He didn't used cheats, you shouldn't also. It's almost as ridiculous as to say "well, I cheated a test and got a 10, while you got a 9 in an honest way, thus I'm smarter than you".

And just because you can't do it, it doesn't mean it's impossible to attain that feat.

And by the way, what is the record on la sarthe (old or new) - i did 2:46 in F1 car...is that good?...i just know i am going to regret asking that...
I believe it's in the 2:35 range for Sarthe II, I know I've done 2:39.4xx personally. I'd expect it to be around 2:50 - 2:55 range for Sarthe I.

That minolta lap was fake.

No its not and I strongly suggest you watch the attitude right now, as a new member coming here and suggesting that a well respected member faked a lap time (that has been independently checked on here) will do you no good at all.

Scaff

Or, to avoid further arrogance, somewhere in the Options menu is the option to set the screen display to "simple." And it is absolutely a valid lap. I can't count the number of idiots I've seen comment on his videos on Youtube "dude your lap is so fake you cant go 400 mph in this car" when they simply can't comprehend that there are other units of speed besides mph (in this case, kph). I think your logic proceeds something like this: "Well, I'm the best in the world, so if I can't do a lap that looks like that, then it must be fake." :dunce: Realize that there are people who have played this game for countless hours and practiced particular car and track combinations until they know them like the back of their own hand.

On the subject of the skill required to set such a lap: a 4'40 requires a stupendous amount of skill with such a stiffly set up car on a bumpy and very long track like the Nurburgring. And holl01 did not use driving aids, as you can tell by looking at the indicator in the corner, which remains black rather than flashing light blue. You have to have extremely quick reactions, as well as a lot of practice. It in no way equates to real-world skill, which typically involves cars with a small fraction of the grip, but trust me when I say that he is probably the only GT4 player who can achieve that time without cheating.

Finally, a fast time for the FGT on Circuit de la Sarthe II is 2'38, according to GTRP. That time was set by a driver who ranks second in the world overall on license tests, so I'm pretty sure it's difficult to beat. That said, I suspect you're still making up the 2'46 time you supposedly have, because the GTRP times are all set with +20% power and -10% weight. Since I assume you either used GT Mode, where such alterations are impossible, or kept the car stock in Arcade Mode, the difference between the two setups would probably account for most of those eight seconds in the hands of a skilled driver, which you are not. Lancer, with all due respect, you were not in the FGT when you set that 2'39, because the driver of the 2'38 lap is one of the best in the world. From what I remember from one of your first posts here, you used an LMP with Turbo 4, nitrous, and R5 tires, which has a huge advantage on the long straight and has significantly softer tires than the unchangeable R3s on the FGT. In short, the FGT is not the fastest car to use at Sarthe II.

That minolta lap was fake. Nobody can have the ability to get perfect curve around any corner - and to control the throttle is extremely hard, even with a steering wheel and pedals......in fact, that video looked to me like a very convenient GT4 PC based b-spec cheat or something
At the risk of repeating everyone else above me, have you never seen a real driver drive the Nurburgring? I suggest you do, because they get it right nearly every time.
At the end of the day GT4 is a racing game, so similar skills are used. It is more than possible to do a "perfect" lap of the 'Ring. How? Well, you use the right foot, and then some of the left foot.

An incredible time, yes. Fake? No

if i wanted to - i could smash the 4:47 record if i really tried - not just playing around. And i don't expect you to believe that - but i don't care.

So, YOU can smash holl01's 4'47 lap record if you really tried, but with the evidence provided by the video you decide that no-one can actually drive that fast.

Dig up.

You really are not going to last long here, are you?

If you do wish to hang around this community, my suggestion would be to cool off a bit and refrain from posting dribble, that will just get you further in the (you know what).

You really are not going to last long here, are you?

If you do wish to hang around this community, my suggestion would be to cool off a bit and refrain from posting dribble, that will just get you further in the (you know what).

If he keeps posting dribble he will dig until he reaches Famine's sig.:lol:

Last edited:

You've absolutely no idea what you're talking about have you?
As Austin343 has explained, it's entirely possible to turn off the track map. Just because you've not figured it out doesn't mean it's impossible. :dunce:

Likewise, just because many of us can't match a 4'40 laptime at Nurb' doesn't mean it's impossible.

This lap, submitted by holl01, was available as a PAL format MAXdrive replay that has been downloaded and replayed by many, many other verified drivers here at :gtplanet:

Weekly Race Series

Have a look in that subforum, use the "Search this Forum" option to look for holl01 - old account, GTP_DHolland - PSN ID, or MarkWebber - new account, as they're all the same person.
Have a look at some results threads that contain his name, notice anything similar?
He's consistently among the fastest GT4 and GT5 drivers in most weeks that he's competed, a fact that is backed up with submitted and verified non-cheating replays.

i am not ashamed to use cheats - you still have to have skill to drive well with cheats...
You mean that honestly? I'd love to see the skill it takes for you to make all the right inputs for a Nurb' lap in a 3-wheeled wagon in 0.003s as you've claimed you achieved elsewhere. All the throttle, brake & steering inputs for a 13.89 mile lap in 3 microseconds? I think not.
Now we're in the realms of "very convenient" fakery and "GT4 B-Spec cheats".
Mr Kettle, meet Mr Pot. ;)

Seriously, if you wish to continue posting, and maybe learn something too, here at :gtplanet: you need to ditch the arrogant attitude towards other members within this thread and others where you're creating waves for all the wrong reasons.
Lastly, this is the last time I'm going to warn you publically about your poor posting style in regards to failing to capitalise "I" when referring to yourself.
If it happens again expect 5 lovely infraction points for "Lazy Grammar" to be headed your way. :)

Last edited:
wow, first time I've seen so much BS in one thread.., NURBURGRINGKING, you're lucky the mods are taking it easy on you.., they must be in a good mood right now!! :D

@ holl01's 'Ring lap - :scared::scared::scared: such speed, power and skill.., I've never seen anything like that.., wish I could do it!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I have a confession.., I used GameShark to cheat my money, well because I like tuning cars. A LOT (check my signature). I got tired of making easy money (the Capri Easy race on SC Hall) and I will never complete the game to raise such a large amount of money (because of some reasons) so that I can just go buy and tune.., so yeah, I cheated. BUUUT the max cash is the only cheat I've used. The tunes I make?? All hard work.., 👍

That minolta lap was fake. Nobody can have the ability to get perfect curve around any corner - and to control the throttle is extremely hard, even with a steering wheel and pedals......

it's like you're saying you're a noob.., cornering and throttle control are skills that require practice and diligence.., nobody can do it?? you just saw someone do it yourself..,

in fact, that video looked to me like a very convenient GT4 PC based b-spec cheat or something, because you cant show replay on PS2 without track being shown - see the video YOU posted...IF somebody could do that lap - respect mate, but......

that's a ghost replay.., if you watched a replay right after driving around a course, yeah you get to see the map.., but didn't you notice the big white fonts at the end of the video?? that means the replay is a ghost data replay.., and for me who likes to save ghost data, the map doesn't appear..,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back