High School

United States
Southeast MI
BubbleBelly542
Here is your place to talk about high school: Your experiences, problems, etc.

Use this to speak about not only high school, but teen life in general.

Also, hopefully this will keep adults from getting annoyed by us as much if they don't want to hear about anything that would be posted here!

This thread has been locked before, so please don't argue or go off topic.

Thanks for viewing the thread and I hope we can all relate here!

I'll introduce myself. I'm currently going in to my junior year and will graduate in June 2015. I'm in marching band and drum line at my high school.

Last edited:
I was quite shocked by the way a football player talked to me one time. Shocked in a good way. This kid is a super d-bag most of the time so I was glad to hear this. But he told me I should play football because of my large build. I told him I was in marching band so I couldn't do it, and I also hate football (American). And I was expecting something like, "band is stupid and it's for losers". But instead I got a, "that's awesome man. Band is really cool".

*Shocked Face*

I'm a sophomore, I hate everyone. I get along okay with most people though, it's very ironic. I am ahead in many classes, yet I don't get the best grades. I'll be posting here more, right now I'm talking on the phone and looking for a demo of GT legends, so I'm a little busy. Thanks Bubble! 👍

I to hate lots of people in my school but also ironically get along with them.

Some of the jocks in my grade can be complete d-bags but there's a few who aren't to bad. I think two or three don't act like they're so much better than everybody.

I was a loser in high school. I was pretty beta, had a few female friends but 'friends' is the key word in the sentence. Late physical developer, easily distracted, hated most people.

Best years of your life my arse. Everything has increased ten-fold since.

High school sucks. As does teen life, though that could be me not having any friends.

Well high school sucks in my opinion as well. It isn't the same as the great way it's describes as being "back in the day." A girlfriend is all I have to really talk to and spend quality time with, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't really talk to anyone. My friends and I hang out once in a while after school, but not very often. Right now I should be doing pre-calc but I'll do it in 2nd period study hall tomorrow, that is if I don't have Chem lab. I just never feel like doing anything, I'd rather go find a job, or spend all this time I spend day in and day out learning building a cabin in the woods instead, and setting up my own shallow well and stuff like that, then live there forever. Not realistic I know, but I can dream. Maybe I've just been hanging out with stoner friends too much, I don't know.

That's because preppy kids didn't have to(or hate) be reserved at other people's remarks through the lesson of their own parents? They just don't know how to be humble with other people and persevere with lack of things they want, and they're not aware of what the society is really like since their parents always instill into their children that it's the place of full of idiots or people who're in poor walks below theirs.

High school life isn't necessarily the moment which deserves to be cherished as a great memory of one's whole lifetime, unless they had so many chances of getting mingled with other students like most of them experience in their campus life at university :lol: , there are far more pleasant moments rather than that so you don't need to be too bothered about it. :rolleyes:

Best years of your life my arse. Everything has increased ten-fold since.

:lol: Totally agree (Well, sort of). I went to my community college at 16. I met a ton of awesome people. But because I was homeschooled before hand, that community college basically was high school to me (Only more expensive, a lot bigger, and in my opinion, more rewarding).

However, I gotta say, ages 5-8 was probably "the best years of my life". A time when $100 seemed like a lot of money. When sleeping in was hard to do on the weekend. And when stress was practically non-existant. Those were the good days.

Player7996
I'm a sophomore. The jocks/cheerleaders get annoying because they think they're better than everyone.

Ah, yes. I play much higher level sports out of school than most of them play in school, but I don't hang out with them because (see bold). I personally choose to keep my hockey life separate from my school life. At school I pretty much hang out with video game people and car people and never speak a word about hockey because I know no one cares.

What I seem to remember most from high school, is that apparently, everyone was too poor to eat. "If you give me some of that I'll be your best friend" :lol: :lol:

In the grand scheme of things, high school really doesn't matter all that much. The "in-crowd" usually end up working at Safeway or some other grocery store. Their 4 years of fame go by pretty quickly. Sure, do all you can to prepare for post-secondary, but don't take it all that seriously, post-secondary is an entirely different world (and I think, far better). 👍

I'm in grade 12, and high school's been good to me, I've met a few good friends, I've come out of my shell and I'm much more comfortable talking to people now. I met my girlfriend at school, and she's been great to me. High school's been a good time, but I don't think it'll be the best time of my life, and I'm ready for the next stage of my life.

I find it humorous when high school seniors think they are top dogs.

That's funny because the juniors (which I am) rule my school. The seniors got in a massive fight with us for some stupid reason and got destroyed. Then the entire high school spanning grades 9-12 got into a mob fight with over 30 people in it and the entire track team and probably another 50 came and watched it. Yes the cops got called etc. But get this, the fight was over supposed "scumbags" versus the "popular" kids. I would have been in the fight but I wasn't in town when it happened. I couldn't decide what side I wanted either because I have friends on both sides. There is videos on YouTube but I won't post it out of respect. 2 days later everyone was cool with each other. So stupid.

High school can be full of drama and fun times from what I've learned. My 9th grade year all me and my 2 best friends did all year was goof off in all our classes and somehow managed to pass. The one kid decided it would be funny to get in a rolling garbage can (that we dumped all our locker garbage into at the end of the year) and get pushed by the other as fast as possible down the hall. Well he let go, and I was at my locker cleaning it out. All I heard was my name being screamed and I looked to my left and then I see him come barreling right at me lol. He crashed into me, and everything in my locker and can flew across the hall. We got up laughing extremely hard. I was like what a way to end the year! :lol:

Man I remember when I thought high school was important...

Brace yourselves children, for one does not simply walk into adult life.

Man I remember when I thought high school was important...

Brace yourselves children, for one does not simply walk into adult life.

I can't stand high school. Over half the stuff they teach us we will never use, even the teachers know this. Especially when t's likely that a lot of us are going to end up in factories anyways.

Almost everything I know about English grammar, which is a reasonable amount, I learnt outside of school. Fact.

I did learn some useful things in school whereas there were other things that were pretty useless, but I put that down to a poor curriculum rather than the schools/teachers. They've only got so much to work with.

People at my school are materialistic pieces of ****. I'm a Junior and I was very well known. I then noticed how stuck up they were so I fell out of the group that I was with. Now days you have the typical Douchebag Jocks that like to crack jokes in class. I don't hate my class I just took time to notice how much they've actually changed over the years. Kids at my School underestimate others abilitys and powers and they segragate others from their life because of what they like doing.

And from what I mean by materialistic , a "Friend" walked up to me and I was holding a phone that My dad gave me to replace my broken one. My friend askes me how old it is , and I'm thinking in my head wanting to say "Just because it isn't extremely thin and has a big screen doesn't mean it is old"

Its a LG Expo which isn't really made to be stylish. It is meant for buisness men.

Anyways off that topic. It's just frustrating going to this school

It's always the senior years where I get to know the most amount of people. I take so long to open up to people. Been like that since Elementary, and still is in Uni.

Slashfan
I can't stand high school. Over half the stuff they teach us we will never use, even the teachers know this. Especially when t's likely that a lot of us are going to end up in factories anyways.

Yea its funny everyone says they're going to college but you know they aren't just by knowing them. I know I'm not going to college.

Yea its funny everyone says they're going to college but you know they aren't just by knowing them. I know I'm not going to college.

Me either. I don't want to be in school longer than I have to.

I'm not a colonial. Someone tell me what 'freshman', 'sophomore', 'senior' and 'junior high' mean.

I think I'm now in high school, hard to tell because of different systems, but in this case, I'm a 2nd grader and will graduate next spring. There are no specific 'cliques' around here, pretty much everyone is friends with each other. Feels a lot different from what the other people from other countries have said earlier in this thread.

There's supposed to be some prom next month where 2nd graders basically celebrate the fact that they become the oldest students of the school as the 3rd graders get pretty much a free spring for preparing for their final exams. I'm not going there however, as I never had interest (and the social abilities, or rather the lack of them, just kicked in, yo) but I will celebrate that in my own way probably. That means a dedicated game night with crisps 'n Coke.

I'm not a colonial. Someone tell me what 'freshman', 'sophomore', 'senior' and 'junior high' mean.

Freshman: 9th Grade
Sophomore: 10th Grade
Junior: 11th Grade
Senior: 12th Grade

Senior as in eldest like seniors in the real world who's age is older than 65.

Back