High School

I hate high-school.

Back in elementary school, there was a 15 minute recess as well as a 55 minute lunch break. During these periods, I would go outside, and just go ahead and play some sports. Now though, in high school, the only times you get to exercise outside of P.E. is during lunch time (45 minutes). Eating my lunch takes about 15 minutes, so that leaves me with 30 minutes to do whatever sport I want. Sounds good, right? Nope! The only place you get to play (besides the freezing outdoors) is in the gym, and that is usually packed with so much people that you can't really exercise in the first place.

I'm assuming the B.C. government recognizes this, because it is making us fill in a Daily Physical Activity (DPA) log, where you have to exercise at least 30 minutes outside of school time during the weekdays. Not only does this not work, most students just BS it (including myself, to be honest). Not to mention the fact that we are in HIGHSCHOOL, where there is at the minimum of 45 minutes worth of homework (almost) every day.

So yeah, elementary school FTW!

Because New York State forces them too. They told me this too. My friends and I bring up this point to them CONSTANTLY. And that's the reply I get. Because NYS makes it mandatory that we are taught it, and it's in the curriculum.

Yeah that is a just reason man and that's why we must take lessons as a curriculum without regard of what we have in our mind, and that's why companies require a certain standard of education we received during a childhood and those with no experience of schooling can't be accepted.

O man what a perfect thread for me to ask this question to. So I been done school for a long time and went into something where there were no test. Now I am taking another course and it's test every week. Someone has got to have some awesome tips on how to study. It's literally read the book than test. Next week is read a little more than test. I have failed close to every test in my life, but it didn't matter since I always did amazing during assignments so I would pass, but I can't with this. Reading out of a book and trying to remember information is just impossible to me. If anyone has some awesome tips please tell me.

Also, my school is different than I remember it. Over the last year it's been gong under destruction construction. Now my epic "hangout" area is gone. And there is no longer a place for people who actually appreciate the creation called the tree but doesn't want to sit out on the field. :grumpy: Only a few buildings remain and some new ones are there. But that's the thing.

A few years ago the school started lockdown drills. (Since we are in the same Valley as a Prison) Where we have to hide from any threats who may have ventured into the school. But the new buildings obviously don't have this in mind. Because the windows are complete wall height so there's nowhere to hide. (the school is very open) That is a fail on the designer's part.

Skython
Also, my school is different than I remember it. Over the last year it's been gong under destruction construction. Now my epic "hangout" area is gone. And there is no longer a place for people who actually appreciate the creation called the tree but doesn't want to sit out on the field. :grumpy: Only a few buildings remain and some new ones are there. But that's the thing.

A few years ago the school started lockdown drills. (Since we are in the same Valley as a Prison) Where we have to hide from any threats who may have ventured into the school. But the new buildings obviously don't have this in mind. Because the windows are complete wall height so there's nowhere to hide. (the school is very open) That is a fail on the designer's part.

That's probably to make it seem less like the prison that's down the road from you.

Listen to this:

City Arts and Technology High School
Dear Students;
Due to a massive increase in tardiness, we are reinforcing our morning tardiness procedure. The Following will take place on Tuesday, January 24th:
  • Tardiness will result in a 30 Minute Detention, to be served at lunchtime.
  • There will now be lunchtime detention in the auditorium every day, not just tuesdays and thursdays
  • Detentions on Wednesday will now occur after release (1:00PM)
  • Skipping detention will now result in a Refferral.
  • Skipped detentions also incur double detention of 45 min, or the entire lunch period.

We have needed to resort to this because, compared to other Envisions Schools in the Bay Area, we are the largest contributor to morning tardiness. 50% of the students at CAT were tardy as of 2nd semester, and we wish to change this.

-Sẽnor Daniel Allen, Principal

Also, 4 referrals = suspension + behavior contract

I'm a freshman in high school... My life is all about STUDYING, STUDYING, STUDYING. Occasionally, I play video games. But not often at all. Maybe the reason is that my parents put me in a highly prestigious school and want good grades. Today was supposed to be a no homework weekend (tomorrow we have no school due to winter break), and I told this to my parents about no homework day. I asked if I could use the PS3, and then they just started raging

EDIT: ok so now I have all A's... I'm happy and so are my parents! :)

Last edited:
You know you're young when your parents still have control over your gaming privileges. :P

Get good marks in school, and that should stop your parents from bugging you when you try to game. I've minimized my gaming time on weekdays, so I mostly play on weekends, where I usually have little to no homework.

Skython
But if there was a mental dude with some form of weaponry you're 🤬.

Pssh, my school's literally a 7 minute walk from the city prison. Best that :sly:

I loved 9th grade, easy as hell, time to play excercise and study plus relax. 10th was a little harder, I had less time to excercise and even though the last trimester was tiring it was nothing too bad. Now, 11th grade is completely killing me. There is just too much to study and I constantly go to sleep at 1AM+ easily and since I have gotten used to taking naps I have developed a very bad sleeping habit which is hard to get out of when you have very little free time. Right now I just want this semester to end as fast as possible and go on to 12th which I hear can be hard if I do choose AP calculus and chem but at least it is only one math and there are more privileges and activities, being seniors and all.

gogatrs
I'm ready to strangle my interim French teacher.

I'm ready to strangle my English teacher. :mad:
Omle du vermoj?

Anywho,

I can't whether to take this EMT class junior year or not, I heard it's hard, but it seems worth it.

Cowboys965
I'm ready to strangle my English teacher. :mad:
Omle du vermoj?

Anywho,

I can't whether to take this EMT class junior year or not, I heard it's hard, but it seems worth it.

Are you a sophomore?

Our school has a couple Engineering classes, as well as CAD classes. I'm pretty lucky here.

gogatrs
Are you a sophomore?

yes.jpg

Crispy
Our school has a couple Engineering classes, as well as CAD classes. I'm pretty lucky here.

I hated AutoCAD. :grumpy: back to woodshop for me me thinks! :lol:

Crispy

Mine does too.
We also have a "Power Mechanics" class where you work on cars and stuff.
There's another class called "Electric Vehicle" where we design and build a battery powered car then go drive it at the autocross course at Lime Rock. A few other schools do this and there's a competition to see who can do the most laps in an hour. Cowboys, does your school have a class like that?

gogatrs
Mine does too.
There's another class called "Electric Vehicle" where we design and build a battery powered car then go drive it at the autocross course at Lime Rock. A few other schools do this and there's a competition to see who can do the most laps in an hour. Cowboys, does your school have a class like that?

No, we don't.

We have EMT training. In yo' face!

And we have childhood development, children's literature, art, I don't even...

Mine does too.

Sadly we don't have anything to do with cars. At least I don't think so, I could check again though. I'd really like to do a class where we build a car and race it. Though many Colleges do this for the Major I'm looking at. (Mechanical Engineering)

School instantly became hell when my hippie math teacher said that his fake Ferrari F40 had to get a tune up for its V12 engine, I was soon to correct him lol. Actually, school is very good. (I'm in grade 11 now) We have 3 stories, with manufacturing, auto, construction etc on one side and there are martial arts and cooking classes. I made a free sim rig in manufacturing this year so thats pretty good. But like all schools there are some pretty *censored* annoying kids.

School instantly became hell when my hippie math teacher said that his fake Ferrari F40 had to get a tune up for its V12 engine, I was soon to correct him lol. Actually, school is very good. (I'm in grade 11 now) We have 3 stories, with manufacturing, auto, construction etc on one side and there are martial arts and cooking classes. I made a free sim rig in manufacturing this year so thats pretty good. But like all schools there are some pretty *censored* annoying kids.

Your hippie math teacher had a Ferrari F40?! Seems like he's so an affluent person as to have such a savage car, but I want to tell him not to bring about a serious car accident as a result of his haughty acts as seemingly a person of higher walk.

Your hippie math teacher had a Ferrari F40?! Seems like he's so an affluent person as to have such a savage car, but I want to tell him not to bring about a serious car accident as a result of his haughty acts as seemingly a person of higher walk.

I guess you missed that it's a fake F40. :sly:

Back