High School

We played kickball in gym class today. My team had our rear ends handed to us on a freshly polished pure 24 karat gold platter. The score was 21-3. I'm not gonna say anything else. :nervous:

Was Mascot again today, gonna do it at the Homecoming Game on the 21st also :P

Here's a pic from today :)
Mustang Me.jpg

Got yelled at pretty bad today by Votech's culinary teacher. I was assigned to a group that had to do a job on his car and I was instructed by our auto teacher to take the broken part to the chef to show him what caused it to fail. I did everything right to begin with - knocked, waited for a response to come in his class and had just started to introduce myself. I said hi and shook his hand but accidentally called him "mister" instead of "Chef" so I went to correct myself but he got really mad and cut me off. Started yelling at me, saying "excuse me. You call me Chef. Not Mr [last name], not Chef [last name], just Chef. That's it. Understand? Good. Now go walk back to the water fountain and try again." I said "yes sir" and started the process over again but heard him say "oh you're an auto guy, no wonder you screwed up" on the way back out the door.

From here everything went well until I was half out the door on the way out. He stopped me and said "oh and buddy make sure you tell your teacher that he don't need to send a kid down to tell me something I can easily stop by to see myself. But thank you anyway. Now go."

Now, I'm honestly not sure if it's customary to refer to a chef as just "Chef" when you're addressing them and it's a sign of disrespect if you don't, but either way the man definitely could've handled things better. He's someone who seems easy to set off too. In fact last year he stopped by our shop to check out the progress on his wife's car that we had a job to do on, and he yelled at the instructor for letting a student lean on the car, saying he "just got the :censored:ing thing washed last week." So in other words, the guy can be an overreacting :censored:hole sometimes. :indiff:

Me when I got my latest Algebra II test back:
mbqtN9j.png

That crap was difficult.

I also took the PSAT on Saturday, which happened to be homecoming. How busy.

I had a mega trigonometry test last week and got an A. Being one who struggles with math constantly, I've been feeling like a champ with how good I am at that class. Fell behind early on but started to work my way back up.

Right now it is German IV and AP Euro that is eating me alive. German requires insane memorization to remember all of the different words and the grammar and AP Euro is confusing as 🤬. Literally everything is about religion right now. A lot of critical thinking as well, which being someone who often only sees things as they look on paper, is a struggle.

Not going to the Homecoming Game since we don't need the Mascot Costume getting Wet in the Rain. But since it was the last home game (and sadly last time I do this till next year) we got some pictures and videos :D

(I'm the Mustang in the middle for those that don't know :P

We got our band scores for a recent competition, and they were rather surprisng. Peoria got a 53 while we got a 57. What's surprising about that is that we only got a "Good" while Peoria got an "Excellent"!
Anyways, we're reading Romeo and Juliet in English.

Gotta finish at least one more page on my microeconomics term paper before I can turn it in as a rough draft. My teacher sent out an email saying "I expect a product that is rough, but mostly all there." Well, the final needs to be 8-12 pages, and mostly is defined as "as regards to the greater part or number." I'm gonna interpret that as 51% completed or more...

In other news, I'm working on making my 2nd and 3rd trimesters the easiest/most fun trimesters ever

Fun little story from today. In gym class we played dodgeball. Some kids played in their socks for some reason and I felt lIke screwing around. Not anything really big, just little stuff. I picked up a kids shoe held it up and from about 50 feet away I asked our teacher "can we use shoes as dodgeballs" to which he said with a big smile "I suppose you could but the school might have to shoo you away for a few days." The whole thing had everybody including both our teachers (it's a co-taught class) laughing.

I went to the high school holiday concert today. I thought it was really cool that the band and orchestra played Sleigh Ride together to end the show with the orchestra director conducting it. Even the high school band director played in it since he didn't have to conduct.

So my school had some big Internet problems on Friday. Basically every single WiFi network was down and because of that, no one in the school could do anything that required an Internet connection, and the teachers kept getting mad and calling the office and complaining over and over again like crazy. As a result of the outage and in order to fix it, the school suspended Chromebook access over the weekend. For many students including myself, the Chromebooks are the only way possible to get any assignments done, with 99% of them being online only. However it would not have mattered anyway since the security system the school uses denies any usage of the Chromebooks off school property. The system determines your location and if you're not on school property, it blocks every possible website you could go on, including the school email and home pages.

I didn't go to school today since I was sick and I would've been at Votech anyway, but from what I've heard on social media, apparently numerous teachers blew up on their students because barely anybody had any of their assignments done. Stuff like this is why I can't wait until the end of this year since I'll be graduating and either going to work or going somewhere far away for post secondary school. They say high school is supposed to be the best years of your life but I've had the absolute worst. A pretty shoddy district when it comes to some of the staff and what they do to help students in tough times (which is next to nothing) doesn't help either.

They say high school is supposed to be the best years of your life but I've had the absolute worst.
Take that with a grain of salt. It's only said because you do not so many responsibilities as an adult and are still growing. When you start to get outside of the box that high school generally feels like, you'll find out how badly they lie... maybe.

I massively prefer the current college life than high school life.

Take that with a grain of salt. It's only said because you do not so many responsibilities as an adult and are still growing. When you start to get outside of the box that high school generally feels like, you'll find out how badly they lie... maybe.

I massively prefer the current college life than high school life.
I kinda wish I was there already. Not in college but in a more adult like life. Sure, I may be 20 years old but that's with only a few bills paid here and there since I turned 18. Basically what I think I'm trying to say is I'm an adult but at the same time I'm not because I'd say age alone doesn't make someone an adult.

I'm excited to leave high school mainly because of the limits high school puts you through...

It probably sounds naive if you read that as "yay adulthood freedom!1!!" because of the countless other responsibilities being in the "real world" includes...however the limited nature of life as a teenager/high school student puts strains on you in more ways than simply not being able to go clubbing all night or something equally as superficial.

I just can't wait to be...myself. If that makes sense. Bills and taxes and working and real responsibilities are just small trade offs in my opinion. Maybe that viewpoint will change once I actually experience it for real?

Never made it to school today because I was still sick from yesterday. Feeling mostly alright now, just need some food. On the bright side though it wasn't by choice I have a three day week this week and a full week the next, which leads us to Christmas break. Shouldn't be too bad I hope. :indiff:

Last edited:
Glad today's over. Made it to school today but I still wasn't 100%. My mom pretty much forced me to go. In gym class while we were doing our warmup I had to take a break for a few moments because of my situation and while I was doing so, the teacher starts screaming at me and asking me if he needs to call a medical helicopter for me. I tried to explain to him that I can't do as well as I normally do because I was still sick, but he didn't want anything to do with it and told me right there that I earned a zero for the day even though the class wasn't even remotely close to being half over. Then when we were playing hockey afterwards, he got pissed at us because some kids apparently weren't performing as well as he would've liked them to, and named me as one of those people. He ended the game and since we as a class aren't too hot on basketball, we had to play basketball as punishment. I mean hey, I'm actually one of the better students in the class. Most of us are pretty good students. We go to class and do what's asked of us, even if we don't necessarily like what he and the other teacher have planned for us, and we're the hardest working class the two have taught in recent years. They've even told us this numerous times before. I myself have worked harder and pushed myself more than I ever have in any gym class ever before this year, but I guess today we just weren't good enough for them. And it's not like I personally do anything to make them less nice than they really are. Same with most of the others. We as a class have one of the most respectful student/teacher relationships I've ever seen and both the teachers agree. But like I said today we must not have been that way. Oh well. All I know is, if I was a gym teacher I wouldn't cut off a kid who was speaking and throw my hands up and jog backward while giving the kid a really nasty look when he said the word "sick" like what happened to me today. :rolleyes:

Votech was just as bad if not worse but I'll either save that for later or just not bother at all.

So one of my good friends is in a sticky situation and I came here seeking advice on how I could help him. On Thursday we were walking to the Votech bus and he put his hat on a few feet from the door while still inside the building. We have a rule against this but my friend and I didn't really think it would matter since we were going outside the building anyway and were a reasonable distance from the door. Plus we had both hands in use, him zipping his jacket and me with a hand in my bag checking to make sure I had my safety glasses and the other hand holding the bag. Apparently a passing teacher told my friend to remove the hat but my friend nor myself heard anyone say a thing, and said teacher wrote him up for insubordination. He was assigned a detention for Friday but no one told him a thing about it so he had no way of knowing, and therefore never took the detention. As punishment for "skipping" the detention he's currently facing a three day out of school suspension.

Here's where the wanted advice comes into play. I was right there beside my friend and like I said, neither of us heard anyone say anything about the hat. My friend got called to the office today and wanted me to help him out but I wasn't allowed to do so, under orders of the principal he was with. So what I ask is, is there anything at all that I could at least try to do in order to help my friend? His suspension would start on Monday if it takes place.

So one of my good friends is in a sticky situation and I came here seeking advice on how I could help him. On Thursday we were walking to the Votech bus and he put his hat on a few feet from the door while still inside the building. We have a rule against this but my friend and I didn't really think it would matter since we were going outside the building anyway and were a reasonable distance from the door. Plus we had both hands in use, him zipping his jacket and me with a hand in my bag checking to make sure I had my safety glasses and the other hand holding the bag. Apparently a passing teacher told my friend to remove the hat but my friend nor myself heard anyone say a thing, and said teacher wrote him up for insubordination. He was assigned a detention for Friday but no one told him a thing about it so he had no way of knowing, and therefore never took the detention. As punishment for "skipping" the detention he's currently facing a three day out of school suspension.

Here's where the wanted advice comes into play. I was right there beside my friend and like I said, neither of us heard anyone say anything about the hat. My friend got called to the office today and wanted me to help him out but I wasn't allowed to do so, under orders of the principal he was with. So what I ask is, is there anything at all that I could at least try to do in order to help my friend? His suspension would start on Monday if it takes place.
Given the strictness of your school your options seem pretty limited. But his parents could apply for a meeting provided they know the entire story. However sometimes schools are really arrogant and even though proven wrong they may follow through with the punishment, with the reason being a warning for your friend. Unfortunately it seeems as though your best option is to just be morally supportive of your friend particularly during his/her suspension.

Last edited:
Back