Highest torque

• Thread starter Flogzya
  • 17 comments
Australia
Perth
FLOGZYA
Searching for a drift car that has highest weight to torque ratio. Am trying to do a continuous power skid as long as possible in a straight line.

A high weight to torque ratio means you have very little torque with tons of weight. What you want is a high torque to weight ratio.

But it isn't jut torque and weight. It's REAR WHEEL torque, and grip of the tires. You need the lowest grip tires (which means CH tires on a car with very narrow and shallow contact patches) with very little weight over the rear wheels.

The real issue though is what you're describing, and that is a matter of technique. It takes very little torque to spin the tires at low tire RPM, that's the premise behind a burnout, so yes, almost all cars can do that. What you're trying to find is a car that can do that by just slamming the gas, a rather useless way to go about it.

Searching for a drift car that has highest weight to torque ratio. Am trying to do a continuous power skid as long as possible in a straight line.

Sounds like a car you see in a powercruise video :lol:

A step in the right direction would probably be a muscle car of some sort.

Stavingo
Sounds like a car you see in a powercruise video :lol:

A step in the right direction would probably be a muscle car of some sort.

Exactly! Experimented with some camaros and chargers old school muscle. But in the time the car takes especially from 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th gears the tires have lost most skid its not a constant power skid.

I have a 240zg with about 250 ft/lbs that I just drift in regularly. Without trying, it spins up through 6 and to 130mph without any trouble. You should read my post earlier, it's not really about peak torque numbers at all.

Exactly! Experimented with some camaros and chargers old school muscle. But in the time the car takes especially from 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th gears the tires have lost most skid its not a constant power skid.

Well maybe you should try tuning the transmission then and shorten the gears :)

Oh yeah by the way next time use the edit button so you don't double post 👍

Stavingo
Well maybe you should try tuning the transmission then and shorten the gears :)

Customized the transmission to a top speed of 200km/h with shoter gears and a middle range ratio for 5th

Not yet but will, just finding it hard to continue to get the wheels spinning at high speed, full acceleration. Ill play around with the final gear and see how that goes. Pretty much trying to power skid the "Tskuba circuit" < cant remember how to spell it. The back straight before the final corner

toyota soarer 2.5 gt-t? i think thats what its called ill double check and edit if i'm wrong. fully upgraded it'll skid straight line in 6th gear

dead eye666
toyota soarer 2.5 gt-t? i think thats what its called ill double check and edit if i'm wrong. fully upgraded it'll skid straight line in 6th gear

Cheers bud definitely buying that mind giving the tune aswell when your free?

When I use to use one, the premium Mustang with full upgrades would full throttle burnout longer than any other car. Just use CH tyres and a tuned gearbox and you could just about burnout down the whole stretch

Latest Posts

Back