HKS CT230R "NOB" time attack Tsukuba impossible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinharvest24
  • 43 comments
  • 7,580 views
Messages
147
Messages
sinharvest24
I've been trying for the past few hours to make a worthy tsukuba time in the CT230R but i just can't seem to get close to NOB 53.589sec time. I'm using sports soft tires which is supposed to be the equivalent to the tires used during the real life time attack in tsukuba and the car was kept stock from purchase. The best time i made so far was 55.525sec. I just can't seem how it's possible to cut down 2 secs from that time. Have anyone tried this? If yes what time did you make?
 
I haven't tried this but I think you might be using the wrong tires.
The record run was made on Yokohama ADVAN A048 tires which, although road legal, is a dedicated, medium hard compound track & competition tire. So racing hard tires would seem more appropriate imo. but, as I said, I haven't tried this.
 
Doubt that's possible. The car understeers too much with SS tires.



Edit: No way that's possible on the stock setup.
 
Last edited:
I doubt the car was completely stock when they hotlapped.
 
Yeah, I was hugely disappointed with the CT230R, personally. I haven't tried it on any tyres other than what it comes with, but I wasn't expecting THAT much understeer in a lightweight Evo when the street version doesn't understeer that badly.


I doubt the car was completely stock when they hotlapped.

Er... Define 'stock'? I guess it's possible they could turn up the boost maybe but I'd be surprised if the version PD got their hands on to test was in any way different, parts-wise, to the record holder. I'm guessing it's tyres, suspension settings and aero; maybe PD's aero model doesn't quite match up?
 
Since we don't know the suspension setting or any setting they used for that matter, it would be impossible to compare the times.
 
What does NOB stand for ?
 
I've been trying for the past few hours to make a worthy tsukuba time in the CT230R but i just can't seem to get close to NOB 53.589sec time. I'm using sports soft tires which is supposed to be the equivalent to the tires used during the real life time attack in tsukuba and the car was kept stock from purchase. The best time i made so far was 55.525sec. I just can't seem how it's possible to cut down 2 secs from that time. Have anyone tried this? If yes what time did you make?

I think you'd be allowed to tune it while still claiming a realistic replicate. I mean they dont sell it with the exact tune that they used on the track do they? So tinckering with the suspension would be alright if I was trying it myself...
 
I wonder if i can find the actual set the HKS used for the time attack. *searches the net with glimmers of hope*
 
I wonder if i can find the actual set the HKS used for the time attack. *searches the net with glimmers of hope*

Like this?

ct16.jpg
 


Suspension looks like is better on the real car. 18kg/mm on front. 16.kg/mm on the back.

You can't go that high even on the fully customizable suspension the game provides. The cars is lowered so much it kisses the road, on the game there is some good 7-8cms off the floor even in the lowest settings.

Some torque distribution/ayc needs to be tweaked, you can't touch those settings on a stock car, in real life it even has hints of oversteer, while in the game it understeers like a bitch.

There is more in the real car, maybe the tires.
 
I tried changing the suspension and LSD to get rid of the understeer. No dice.

Although, on Racing Softs, it's actually quite neutral with a good setup. Managed a mid 52.xxx on the first timed lap; a second faster should be easily doable.
 
i am about to try this on rh and see what i can pull cause i am really good at driving evos... and i have pulled faster times with slower evos with rs tires
 
i am about to try this on rh and see what i can pull cause i am really good at driving evos

Don't expect the CT230R to feel like any other Evo, though...
Where most Evos will turn in, it'll just plow of the track in a straight line.

Dunno, I've spend a considerable amount of time on the CT230R, and I can't seem to get rid of that dreadful understeer.
I can reduce it (a bit), sure, but that's about it... :indiff:
 
i am about to try this on rh and see what i can pull cause i am really good at driving evos... and i have pulled faster times with slower evos with rs tires

On RH it should be just easy to break the record.
 
On RH it should be just easy to break the record.

But i tried it on the skid pad tire test thing and the grip comes out closer to rh than ss so it would make sense and seeing we cant use tire width to make up the diffrence. and i was driving the car and its soooooo rubbish... i had to tune it to over steer to the point were any lil mistake will cause i terrible crash i am getting close though.. i will try to upload my lap time if i beat it

And not really it still just plow thru the turns with no sense of wanting to turn in...
 
Last edited:
Don't expect the CT230R to feel like any other Evo, though...
Where most Evos will turn in, it'll just plow of the track in a straight line.

Dunno, I've spend a considerable amount of time on the CT230R, and I can't seem to get rid of that dreadful understeer.
I can reduce it (a bit), sure, but that's about it... :indiff:


heres wht i am using
tourque split 30/70
diff is evryhting lowest in front stock settings in rear
ride high is set to lowest
front springs are are about 8 rears are at 13
damper is 7 front 8 rear
sway bars are 1 front 5 rear
camber is 3.5 front 2.0 rear
and toe is stock.

Also u have to almost drive the car deep into the turn like u were racing in the rain then try and set it up so you can almost come out the turns full power
And this is really hard for me cause i havent purchased a wheel yet (being a lazy bum) so i using the pad with no aids on except abs 1..

I dont know if it will help u but you can try my settings
 


Suspension looks like is better on the real car. 18kg/mm on front. 16.kg/mm on the back.

You can't go that high even on the fully customizable suspension the game provides. The cars is lowered so much it kisses the road, on the game there is some good 7-8cms off the floor even in the lowest settings.

Some torque distribution/ayc needs to be tweaked, you can't touch those settings on a stock car, in real life it even has hints of oversteer, while in the game it understeers like a bitch.

There is more in the real car, maybe the tires.


Well this seem to confirmed that trying to redo the hotlap "NOB" did would be impossible as GT5 doesn't have the settings/options available to make the car as it is in real life. Then there's the issue with the tires. Either way i'm satisfied with the answers given.
 
I thought it was just short for Nobuteru Taniguchi, the name of the driver.

It's actually means "No One Better" and that i believe. Tarzan is a good driver and the Legendary Keiichi Tsuchya(to lazy to google for correct spelling) nicknamed "dori dori". Even still NOB i think is better.
 
The car has been letting me quite a lot, it looks awesome and the handling should be very well as its the best evo we could get in GT5. I reckon PD have done something wrong about some 4WD cars, as they all tend to understeer and you can discover this in all the Evolution(possibly the AYC sucks in GT5).

anyway, I managed to do 52.009 with racing soft in my tuned HKS CT230R, plus messed braking at 1st corner and 1 crash in the finish line as the car has HUGE understeer while accelerating, even the downforce do not really help.
I think CT230R is a good potential car if PD do something to check if it is alright, as same as all other evos. What do u guys reckon ?
 
I have the solution for this car just pulled a 54.914 and thats with going off.. I am losing time after the 2nd u turn and idk how to go any faster i am losing all the time from after that u turn to the next one....
 
I did 53.6 with Racing Hard. But messing with the torque distribution (had to buy it)
 
I did 53.6 with Racing Hard. But messing with the torque distribution (had to buy it)

yea u can do it with rh and u had to buy torque split.. i went back to ss because i miss calculated.. Lol but it is possible with ss and if u watch the video you see that the setup that the game has is completely different from what there are running because the car under-steers hard in the first turn
 
I tried a few laps in this (in arcade mode, mind you, if that makes a difference) and made a 55.1 on racing hards on my 3rd lap. It is true that the car understeers like crazy, need to slow down to what feels like a crawl to take the 3 hairpins...for all the people that have this car in their GT mode and are able to tune it, it seems like it really has to do with the differential settings...feels like driving my buddy's TSi AWD with a welded center differential...turning radius was terrible.
 
it seems like the CT230R may have better handling if u know driving techniques with a steering wheel
 
Back