HKS CT230R "NOB" time attack Tsukuba impossible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinharvest24
  • 43 comments
  • 7,580 views
Whe don't you guys mess around with TOE and Camber settings then? solve the problem of understeer
 
Whe don't you guys mess around with TOE and Camber settings then? solve the problem of understeer

Even with extreme camber and toe setting, this bitch will understeer lol

I tried as far as -4.5º/-0.35 on front -3.0/-0.25 rear
 
Whe don't you guys mess around with TOE and Camber settings then? solve the problem of understeer

Usually, a slight increase in camber on the front should remedy a lot of the understeer during turnign into the corner I experienced. Now, that's what I wanted to do, but the CT230R comes with 3° of camber on the front as the minimum - that's more than what I run on my Castrol Tom's Supra, to get a sharper turn in out of it.

I don't really get it... My Cuscu Dunlop Imrpeza seems to be perfectly neutral, but when I try to recreate its setting for the CT230R (to a certain degree, of course), it doesn't help with the udnersteer at all...
 
Usually, a slight increase in camber on the front should remedy a lot of the understeer during turnign into the corner I experienced. Now, that's what I wanted to do, but the CT230R comes with 3° of camber on the front as the minimum - that's more than what I run on my Castrol Tom's Supra, to get a sharper turn in out of it.

I don't really get it... My Cuscu Dunlop Imrpeza seems to be perfectly neutral, but when I try to recreate its setting for the CT230R (to a certain degree, of course), it doesn't help with the udnersteer at all...

In this case, I think it is the downforce make the Impreza perfect.
 
In this case, I think it is the downforce make the Impreza perfect.

The difference in downforce isn't that big. And, more importantly, other AWD cars seem to be pretty neutral as well, like the Mine's BNR34 GT-R. Even with less camber and a suspension setup that isn't as loose in the rear, it exhibites less understeer.
Same for the Evox IX RM, it's a whole lot easier to drive due to being rather neutral.
 
That track time isn't impossible, i did a 53.1xx, with some screw ups, in that car on this track. I did tune the suspension (well, i got some1 to do it for me), but even with the high RPM turbo, the power differences aren't that great. So it is possible, just some things need to be changed
 
Even with extreme camber and toe setting, this bitch will understeer lol

I tried as far as -4.5º/-0.35 on front -3.0/-0.25 rear

Try running +ve front toe... that used to work with FF and 4WD stuff in GT5P.
 
I know what I am doing tonight. This should be fun.
 
That track time isn't impossible, i did a 53.1xx, with some screw ups, in that car on this track. I did tune the suspension (well, i got some1 to do it for me), but even with the high RPM turbo, the power differences aren't that great. So it is possible, just some things need to be changed
Umm, i think you are missing the point. People are trying to match the time without adding mods. However it wouldn't surprise me if PD got the suspension settings wrong and chose something that was a little more forgiving on tracks besides Tsukuba. I know if I spend too much time tuning at Tsukuba my tune becomes garbage on other tracks.
 
I hope you all know that when you increase - toe in the front it doesnt make you steer better it makes you understeer more...

Positive toe in front makes you turn better.
 
Last edited:
Positive toe in front makes you turn better.

EDIT: positive toe gives you turn in, negative toe reduces midcorner understeer

When you use -toe in the front your outside tire tracks as usual in a corner, but you gain more grip from your inside tire which ends up pointing inward at a greater angle thus helping you turn better. However, you sometimes lose the initial bite when you first turn the wheel and it may make the steering feel numb at first.
 
Last edited:
You have it backwards as well.

- Toe is when your tires point outwards from the car, so having - toe in the front causes your outer front tire (during cornering) to not turn quite as much as your inside tire is. Making the car understeer because its sort of dragging that tire sideways through the corner.

I always used to think that it make cornering better but thinking about it recently it doesnt, it just helps initial turn in because your tires are already facing a bit out of the car so it seems more sensitive.

But really having + toe in the front, and having your outside tire turn a bit more lets the weight be transferred onto it and helps with understeer, the inside tire kind of drags just like the outside does with - toe but it doesnt have as much weight on it and doesnt do much because it is still facing into the corner.
 
oh wait, i explained it right but i had +/- swapped. Yeah you want negative toe up front for cornering. postive toe up front for stability. If the car understeers adding negative toe gives you more grip from the inside turning tire. However if it causes snappy oversteer you may want to try something other than toe to resolve the issue.
 
Back