Honda Civic - 10th/11th Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 641 comments
Civic e:HEV debuts for European market, featuring 181hp Hybrid Powertrain
2022-Honda-Civic-e_HEV-6.jpg

2022-Honda-Civic-e_HEV-11.jpg

The 2023 Civic CUV HR-V has debuted. It looks decent and I'm sure it will sell well. A bit boring in my opinion, same as the new Civic. It's on basically the same platform as the Civic but with available AWD.

02-2023-Honda-HR-V.jpg

message-editor%2F1649034650803-012023hondahr-v.jpg

I honestly can't bear to post any more photos than that which is fine because there aren't any.

A lot of people on Twitter has pointed out that the European / Japanese version of the car looks much nicer.

View attachment 1133466

View attachment 1133467

Of course the American version has to be ugly, because Americans don't like anything that's good for them lol
My wife has the last generation civic, and is wanting to get a crossover/suv (much to my dismay). The HRV, being a slightly larger Civic, is her first preference.

We get the European version in Australia, so it looks a bit like a Mazda but at least it’s not ugly. The problem is, we have unique safety laws regarding child restraints, which would require Honda to fit a child seat mounting point for the HRVs centre seat. They got around this by removing it all together and selling the car in Australia as a 4 seater. :lol:

Not only is it less practical than the old HRV, or the wife’s Civic, but it’s barely a better family car then my 86 at that point. Honestly the most bizarre decision I’ve heard from a car maker in years.

A lot of people on Twitter has pointed out that the European / Japanese version of the car looks much nicer.

View attachment 1133466

View attachment 1133467

Of course the American version has to be ugly, because Americans don't like anything that's good for them lol
Actually that 2022 version is simply a facelift of the first-gen HR-V. The North American version is a completely new car. It does look really good but it's a very different machine.

Once again, not really worth it's own thread, but if somebody wants to make it go ahead.

I think it looks decent. The new face suits it, and it looks much more like an SUV than it has since the end of the 2006 model year, aka i.e. the second generation CR-V. Since then we've had to suffer through three generations of bulbous minivan looking things, zero attempt at sport or capability, just pure misery. This upcoming sixth gen CR-V looks to right that wrong. I mean, we know know it's 10-ply but at least it looks the part.

Last edited:
The CR-V has really gotten chunkier after each generation. Kind of a stretch to call it a "compact CUV" at this point, given that it's roughly the size of the first-gen Pilot now.

Anyway, this is a pretty decent looking NPC-blob-momcar-whatever CUV. Clearly an improvement over previous generations, and it even looks surprisingly upmarket from the rear. I really like the interior layout that's been carried over from the Civic and new HR-V. Honda is slowly rolling out some half decent looking vehicles now.

I’ve always kind of liked the CRV. I remember driving an old one a long time ago as a teen, it had almost 500,000 km and it was still in seemingly mint condition. Right until I put a little chip in the door from hitting one of the posts near a gas pump. 😬

Last edited:
I quite like it. Looking forward to seeing the rear of the car as well, as that's one thing about the regular hatchback that I didn't like very much (ditto the 10th gen hatchback). Maybe the wing and wider stance will help it.

I have to say, initially i wasn't keen on this new shape Civic, but it's growing on me. I know many will disagree but it's giving me old school shark nose BMW vibes at the front, with the way it kind of juts out like that.

I have to say, initially i wasn't keen on this new shape Civic, but it's growing on me. I know many will disagree but it's giving me old school shark nose BMW vibes at the front, with the way it kind of juts out like that.
I wasn't liking it either, but in this spec, I've got all the Super Touring feels. Digging the simple dash. I'd rather that screen be a clamshell though.

Edit: Oh.. and this is another case for a two-spoker steering wheel. I'd prefer that bottom spoke be deleted.

Last edited:
Better looking than the cluttered FK8. Hoping they've worked on the chassis to make it more compliant on the road than the last two gens.

I like it much more than the FK8. One of our neighbors has one and it just has too much going on with the design, it has not grown on me at all.

I think it's strange to me that they chose that style of wing, because traditionally the Type R has had these "hoop" style (idk how else to call them) wings that are body colored.

FD2

1658437265489.png

FK2

1658437331538.png

FK8

1658437370681.png

FL5

1658437555830.png

I'm actually liking the wing. Mugen has been pretty hit-or-miss with their styling choices, but they made a nice wing for the DC5 Integra that looked just like it. Looks like Honda just decided to make it factory!

Honda_Integra_Type_R_Mugen_Front_side.jpg

One thing I've been really curious about with this new CTR is whether it's still front wheel drive. It's a long shot, perhaps, but a few things are nagging at me:

1) I kept hearing that Honda didn't want anyone looking under the camo car when it appeared at whatever show it was at recently. Seems odd, considering the car should just be an update to the FK8 platform.
2) The horsepower (rumored 320hp+) is getting a bit much for FWD. I know race cars are doing well with 500+ at the wheels, but on street suspension? I don't know...
3) Those flared rear fenders. They seem kind of unnecessary, given Honda's conservative history. But then again, the FK8 was pretty wild looking, so I could easily be grasping at straws with this one. FWD or AWD, I am absolutely in love with this new car's styling.
4) For those who aren't familiar, HASport Performance is the main company that makes engine swap mounts for Hondas, and once the FK8 came out they immediately started trying to fit that engine in older chassis. Here they are taking a close look at the FK8 back in 2017, noting how oddly beefy the rear end is. Skip to 6:51 for that specific bit if you don't care about the rest. Maybe Honda were unsure whether or not they wanted to finally go more directly after cars like the Golf R, but were preparing the car just in case?

Last edited:
I'm actually liking the wing. Mugen has been pretty hit-or-miss with their styling choices, but they made a nice wing for the DC5 Integra that looked just like it. Looks like Honda just decided to make it factory!

Honda_Integra_Type_R_Mugen_Front_side.jpg

One thing I've been really curious about with this new CTR is whether it's still front wheel drive. It's a long shot, perhaps, but a few things are nagging at me:

1) I kept hearing that Honda didn't want anyone looking under the camo car when it appeared at whatever show it was at recently. Seems odd, considering the car should just be an update to the FK8 platform.
2) The horsepower (rumored 320hp+) is getting a bit much for FWD. I know race cars are doing well with 500+ at the wheels, but on street suspension? I don't know...
3) Those flared rear fenders. They seem kind of unnecessary, given Honda's conservative history. But then again, the FK8 was pretty wild looking, so I could easily be grasping at straws with this one. FWD or AWD, I am absolutely in love with this new car's styling.
4) For those who aren't familiar, HASport Performance is the main company that makes engine swap mounts for Hondas, and once the FK8 came out they immediately started trying to fit that engine in older chassis. Here they are taking a close look at the FK8 back in 2017, noting how oddly beefy the rear end is. Skip to 6:51 for that specific bit if you don't care about the rest. Maybe Honda were unsure whether or not they wanted to finally go more directly after cars like the Golf R, but were preparing the car just in case?

Could this be because the platform is also used for the CR-V?

I heard some aspects carried over between the two, but with unibodies, I wonder how close that connection actually is. Does that mean the sheetmetal for the entire 'floor' of the car is the same? Or just key points, like suspension pickups?

I do know my idea is far-fetched, btw.

Last edited:
Back