Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Well, there are "big name" tuners within short driving distance (King Motorsports, namely)... but since I've been researching and experimenting, I've been able to tune rather effectively on my own. I just rent some dyno time, and I'm usually happy with the results. :)

We have nothing like King Motorsports near here, I'm actually kind of jealous. I wish I had the balls to start messing around with tuning, but the fear of ending up with a blown engine has kept me from even looking into it. Its kind of nice to see someone actually doing their own tuning though, most people would simply pay someone to do it for them. 👍

@Sp33 - His engine is drool worthy, but I'm not sure if I like the lines of the car with that front end. For some reason the side profile reminds me of a Saturn. Wouldn't mind seeing video's of it if there is any though.

We have nothing like King Motorsports near here, I'm actually kind of jealous. I wish I had the balls to start messing around with tuning, but the fear of ending up with a blown engine has kept me from even looking into it. Its kind of nice to see someone actually doing their own tuning though, most people would simply pay someone to do it for them. 👍

To be honest, tuning isn't rocket science. If you have time, I suggest downloading the K-Pro tuning software (KManager). It's got a VERY nice tutorials and help files to give you a better understanding as to what's going on when you start tuning. Obviously, the more practice you have, the better off you are. But, starting off with a good knowledge base is never a bad thing. ;)

King Motorsports, albeit nice when it comes to fabrication and tuning, are rather expensive. If money was no object, I'd really not feel bad sending a lot of my work to them. But, then I'd lose out on the majority of the fun. I'm much more interested in trial & error, and developing something I can truly call my own and be proud of. ;)

To be honest, tuning isn't rocket science. If you have time, I suggest downloading the K-Pro tuning software (KManager). It's got a VERY nice tutorials and help files to give you a better understanding as to what's going on when you start tuning. Obviously, the more practice you have, the better off you are. But, starting off with a good knowledge base is never a bad thing. ;)

King Motorsports, albeit nice when it comes to fabrication and tuning, are rather expensive. If money was no object, I'd really not feel bad sending a lot of my work to them. But, then I'd lose out on the majority of the fun. I'm much more interested in trial & error, and developing something I can truly call my own and be proud of. ;)

Thanks for the info, I'm actually gonna look into that as I have a friend who is planning a turbo GS-R build. He has the parts, just lacks the know how and any help I can give him might save him a few bucks.

Most shops with a reputation jack their prices up (ie. the Nissan tuning shop in Virginia (I think) that became known and raised prices). Atleast when you're done you can say it was done by you and not by your money.

Are there any large North America-based OEM parts dealers like Majestic, but that sell European and Japanese exclusive parts? Or am I stuck waiting for smaller third parties like Password and HMotorsOnline to get certain foreign parts in?

Last edited:
Are there any large North America-based OEM parts dealers like Majestic, but that sell European and Japanese exclusive parts? Or am I stuck waiting for smaller third parties like Password and HMotorsOnline to get certain foreign parts in?

There are no local dealerships that deal in foreign manufactured parts. The reason being, that there is a lot of red tape to go through in order to be a licensed Honda parts dealer. Getting through customs whilst trying to be a parts dealer is, typically, a near impossible project.

Your best bet to get OEM components from foreign markets, is to locate a company/person willing to import goods for you. Be prepared for inflated costs.

Is anyone on here as big of a Honda nut as I am? My family has had several Hondas so i've always been aorund them. That's all we buy. In my lifetime we've had:

84 Prelude
85 CRX
89 Accord
96 Odyssey
98 Accord

The last 2 being our current ones. They are all great. All were bought new except for the last 2 and all have accumalated at least 150k miles. Wouldve kept the first 2 longer if the Prelude wasn't left sitting while my dad was away at airline training and the CRX's timing belt didnt break =[

The 89 Accord was such a tank. I miss it so much. 207k when we parted with it. A few little things here and there and it would have been running fine.

I still love Hondas of the 80s, namely the CRXs and the Preludes. Del Sol was okay too, don't know all that much about it. And all Accords are great. Not so much Civics until like 1996, unless you include the Si, all of which were great I'm sure.

Let me know your opinions!

As an addendum--I like keeping cars original. Not that I have a car (only 17) XD but when I get one, I'm not tuning it up.

There's a Honda Fan Club thread around here somewhere...

Those commercials claiming 'everyone knows someone who loves their Honda' are true. It doesn't seem like any other brand has such a loyal, enthusiastic and diverse following as Honda. Sure they're not the best performance cars right out of the gate, but the owners certainly have their hearts in their cars - modified or not. The creativity, sometimes, is amazing too.

My first and only car is a '92 Accord that I honestly wouldn't trade for anything in the world. Big plans for a build as a good all-rounder (daily comfort + mild all-motor + tons of handling). Later in life I hope to partner it with a newer NSX, converted to a Type R but otherwise left 100% OEM.

Mild to wild. The clean to the extreme. My inspiration (none of the pics are mine, btw):

1977119_orig.jpg

RR2010-04-17_17-59-40copy.jpg

Goes by the name of "Football"
DSC09606.jpg

All wagons
DSC09617.jpg

Convoys are always fun
104_1121.jpg

Meets are always going down
67193_171007186264510_100000656893566_426527_5583772_n.jpg

Can I join the fan club. I am a Honda Guy, but a regular car enthusiast at heart. I am an amateur photographer, and I have been blessed with many opportunities to shoot friends cars, meet others.

I have owned:
1995 Accord EX - Built, Stolen, Rebuilt to Stock, Sold

4723752169_0923c33fb6_z.jpg

1995 Prelude SR - Dailied for One year, Current Track Project

4290474343_61ea9734dd_z.jpg

5088745828_f809213232_z.jpg

5122321468_54d08a58ed_z.jpg

1997 Accord - Current DD, My 1rst Automatic -_-

5151540505_8ca2876a30_z.jpg

5151540487_f81f0b3f7e_z.jpg

Here's one of my most famous shots for some love.

3890995657_fff1fd24a7_z.jpg

You can find all my shots at my FlickR linked in my signature. Now let's see those Hondas
set-72157623287438001
set-72157623287465895
set-72157623287465895
set-72157623287465895
set-72157625275634434
set-72157625275634434
set-72157623287376421

Yeah, the one from Honda Tuning! Congrats on making print, you're a good photographer (from what my limited skills tell me, anyway!), I love the interior 'lude shot. The owner of the ITR posts on CB7Tuner; you on the sister site, CD5T?

That guy with the sleeper 5th-gen Accord featured in HT crossed over and started posting on CB7Tuner a bit. I'm not interested in turbocharging, but I come across his posts every now and then and am always astonished by his insight and experiences with different setups. He's up to seven-hundred-something horsepower with that H22 and is still looking every bit as stock as in the magazine. A guy in Denver is attempting to get about 800-850hp out of the lowly F22A with nitrous and I think 30psi. People are insane.

^Thanks, and yeah it is the one on pg. 10. As for CD5T I am still a member, but do not go on there much, I go more on HS than anything. :D yeah that guy is insane, wish i can see it in person.

I'd like to join! Have been a nissan guy all my life, love the VQ, how can you not, but my 2 most recent cars have been Honda. 2008 element and now a 2010 honda fit. The element was sadly taken out by a toyota driver who fell asleep and hit the car going around 75 in a 40. When the Element had to be replaced I knew the FIT was the right choice. 90+ mile daily commute so I needed a frugal car and the 35mpg the fit gets is great. Drove a PRIUS but it made ZERO sense to get that over the FIT.
I'll get a picture or two of the FIT up soon. It's the sport model, orange revolution paint, tint all around, OEM window visors, and super sexy black steelies with winter tires.

I am one of the biggest Honda fanboys..
Been subscribed to HondaTuning for almost 10 years now, I excessively read & research about Honda and new Honda technologies & innovations. I own a DA9 (91 Acura Integra GS) When I think Spoon, an eating utensil is not what comes to mind. ... My username is vtecsyndrome

Last edited:
Post up some pics of the Integra, I've actually been thinking of picking up an early 90's 'Teg to have some fun in.

Ha, this thread is still going strong even 5 years later.

Man I was so much younger and different when I was posting back then. For those that remember me I had a 3rd gen prelude, but that thing is long gone. Now own a boring family car and no longer interested in cars really, I have discovered that two wheels is so much more fun.

Ha, this thread is still going strong even 5 years later.

Man I was so much younger and different when I was posting back then. For those that remember me I had a 3rd gen prelude, but that thing is long gone. Now own a boring family car and no longer interested in cars really, I have discovered that two wheels is so much more fun.

I boo that, sir. :grumpy:

I'm still an avid Honda fan, and finally got my car out on the track this year.

(Please read the descriptions if you want to know why I got passed up by a couple cars in the beginning. Darn yellow flags.)

Saw your videos on Facebook, but nice to see it finally out on track. Better late than never.

Also, did you give up your Oddy build? I saw you were selling parts from it.

I would like to join.

My first car was a Honda Accord Si 1987(3rd gen).
My current car(2nd) is a Honda Civic Si 2010(FK2).

I've begun setting money aside to start looking for another 4th-gen Accord come summer. I just blew out my second automagic tranny in my current sedan, it's sad how weak these things are. The next car's gonna be an LX coupe 5MT, preferably a 92-93. I'll take my time looking for a quality chassis to drop my H22 into, god knows how often these cars trade hands.

There are certain things I simply will not settle for this go-'round, it's time to begin my real, long term 'dream' build. Fun to drive yet comfy enough for hours-long road trips, and looks that get that respectful nod - hey, take the badges off and add some tasteful exterior mods and these babies could easily skate among the classic European metal of that era, haha!

After this weekend, when the new tranny's in and running, I'll wrangle up some good shots of my CB7 in its 'final' stage.

Saw your videos on Facebook, but nice to see it finally out on track. Better late than never.

Also, did you give up your Oddy build? I saw you were selling parts from it.

I cannot afford 4 project cars, bud. :( I've purchased a '96 Civic hatchback and my current daily driver (2005 Scion xB) since the Odyssey. As much as it pains me, I can't afford to build one at the moment. I can assure you that I will build one eventually, though. I'm not selling my collection of Japanese market options, nor my Mugen lip kit, nor my Advan's. All of those things will hibernate for the next RA build I have. ;) I'd love to hang on to this one, but financially its not wise.

I'm also selling the hatchback.

PS. The EM2's been out to Auto-X several times. This is its first outing on an actual "track", though.

I would love to join this!
Just bought my Civic yesterday and i love it, sadly i have only driven it round the car park as it has no tax yet :(:(:( as soon as it has i will wack some petrol in it and go for a spin :D

Here's a pic, i apologize for the bad quality it was taken hurriedly just after i bought it:

6817742267_dfa949919f_b.jpg

Everything is completely stock, ive got a few ideas in mind though

I guess, I'm apart of this club. No pics, but, here goes the Honda livery:-

'83 Civic sta wag (gearbox)
'99 Civic DX (gearbox)
'06 Ridgline RT (slushbox)
'11 CR-Z CVT (rubberbox)

All are nice, in their own rights.

DK.

Back