Honda GTP Integra World Championship - Season II Champion: NEPALII

  • Thread starter Thread starter Müle
  • 972 comments
  • 46,418 views

Grand Finale: Nurb 24H or Spa?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
You didn't miss much. First little while it was a fight for first place! Honestly it was so bad that I got super pissed off that I was getting knocked around by the people who got spun out by others..... Really guys? You need to bash ur way to first? On top of that lag made everything worse! I tried to bump draft with paul but cuz of the lag he moved to the side so I ended up hitting his back corner which almost caused him to spin out and because of that he probably thought I tried to spin him out when it was the lag that messed up everything and so he didn't bother to work with me after that and just tried to pass me and drive off after I messed up a turn. I had to rage quit because I was too pissed off to control the car!
Fingers crossed it was lag, I know I caused a race like that with lag once. :O Won't be racing while someone else is using my internet again.:dunce:
 
Absolutely stupid race from my first pit stop on.

First stint was going extremely well. I was able to stay with the top group, while saving my tires. Was going to 1-stop it when Wardez (who was right in front of me) pulled off to pit. I made the stupid mistake of following him in, and it cost me. He warped right in front of me, which slowed me right down. On top of that, I was held after my stop seemingly because of that.

Wardez ended up way ahead of me, and was able to recover, by catching Paul's draft, while I crashed in turn 1 twice.


If there are any incidents (which I can tell there are), please PM me. DO NOT send me a message over PSN. If the incident involves me, let me know, but I guess tell Wardez, as well, so someone neutral can look at it.


UNOFFICIAL RESULTS:

1. GTP_Aderrrm
2. Wiifreak
3. NEPALII
4. Wardez
5. GTP_Welsh-Bain
6. MULE_9242
7. syjones1
8. GT27-
9. Maatman
10. Paulmac2k9 (DNF - Lap 31)
11. BlackIce49 (DNF - lap 7)
 
I'm going to have to write up a race report for this later. Usually I don't do this anymore, but that race was eventful enough that making a race report is worth it.
 
Well....that was embarrassing! I nearly did give up about a 3rd of the way in. Wish I had after I clipped the grass and took out GTP welsh as he was going past. Not a fan of this track as there's to much emphasis on drafting but yet again I was pretty crap at the corners as well.
Apologies if I ruined anyone's race, well done to GTP aderrrm for win and to mule for hosting.
 
Seems as if you guys had an eventful race. Now I'm kinda relieved that I couldn't make it, as i'd have just been an added obstacle. Nevertheless, I hope it was an overall enjoyable experience for all who participated. Now to get ready for next week!
 
All in all, I can't say it wasn't entertaining.

My result was way below my expectations, which reduced a bit the enjoyment, but I still liked trying my best and going as fast as I was able too. And that's something I appreciate greatly. It's a shame that next race is at Monaco, where I think I'll do terribly bad...

Is any of the top drivers willing to take me under his wing and teach me how to set up a car properly and how to be fast? :dopey:
 
i think the lag was caused after mule got booted after trying to kick the random (we rekon a hacker lol) but yeah my race went downhill from T1 i just tried to do my best after ending up on the grass after t1 then to disconnect from 6th was irriting
 
By the way, paulmac2k9, the time I spent with you on the track was fantastic 👍 You're one good travel partner.
 
Well here is my race report :)

I think we can all agree that the first lap was really rough. There was bumping and pushing throughout the field with too many small incidents to count. I think the majority of us made contact at least once on that lap. It climaxed though when I got knocked into the black wall at the exit of the bus stop. Looking at the replay it didn't seem to be anyone in particulars fault. Rather it seemed like one of the cases where one person gets bumped, who bumps someone else as a result which then creates a chain reaction. I was just unlucky enough to be the one to get the worst of it.

Anyways after I got back up to speed I was roughly 20 seconds back from the lead. I continued on doing some 1:54's/1:55's until I eventually caught up to syjones and Maatman, both of which I got by quickly and I broke away from. At about this point I decided to run a 1 stop strategy seeing how everyone else was pitting earlier for a 2 stop. At best I could only maintain the gap from me to the lead group, so a different pit strategy was the edge I needed to potentially catch up. Also I noticed my lap times hadn't dropped off too much despite my tires being very worn, so I figured i could make the strategy work. Nepali caught me near the end of my first stint as he was on fresh tires, so I got a bit of a boost while in his draft.

My second stint was quiet for the first part up until the 2 stoppers made their final stops. After the pit stops were all said and done I was in third with GV-27 up the road and Aderrrm about 40 seconds ahead. I got by GV without trouble as he was on much older tires. As expected Nepali reeled me in on his better tires. However this worked out just how I wanted as I could follow Nepali and bump draft him, while saving my tires and being much quicker than if I was by myself. Together we kept a comfortable gap between us and Wardez/Welsh-Bain. I managed to slingshot Nepali on the final stretch before the finish line to take second.

Overall I really couldn't hope for a better finish after my first lap incident. It was a good race except for the first lap cluster****, and congrats to Aderrrm for a commanding victory 👍
 
lol thanks GV :lol: good to know
 
You didn't miss much. First little while it was a fight for first place! Honestly it was so bad that I got super pissed off that I was getting knocked around by the people who got spun out by others..... Really guys? You need to bash ur way to first? On top of that lag made everything worse! I tried to bump draft with paul but cuz of the lag he moved to the side so I ended up hitting his back corner which almost caused him to spin out and because of that he probably thought I tried to spin him out when it was the lag that messed up everything and so he didn't bother to work with me after that and just tried to pass me and drive off after I messed up a turn. I had to rage quit because I was too pissed off to control the car!

I'm watching the replay right now, and I have a couple of points here.

- First, it looks like it was only Paul that was lagging to me. Which makes sense, as he eventually disconnected.
-Second, on the first couple of laps, it looks as if you're the one bumping into people. Not saying it's intentional at all, as they likely weren't, but still.

EDIT: Yeah, okay, most of us were bumping into each other at the start. Some more severe than others, but in the first 4 or 5 laps, the only people who didn't bump into someone were Aderrrm, GV, Welsh and Maatman
 
Last edited:
i think the lag was caused after mule got booted after trying to kick the random (we rekon a hacker lol) but yeah my race went downhill from T1 i just tried to do my best after ending up on the grass after t1 then to disconnect from 6th was irriting
If you guys really think it was a hacker you should report them on PSN, we don't need our network down for another month. :mad:

Don't know if it's an inside joke, jus sayin'.

Good to see it was an overall good race.
 
The start was crazy, there was bumping everywhere. Thats why I said it was rough, but they werent intentional, big bumps. It was just tough and competitive racing,even though it scared the hell outa me, I was sweating already by the end of the lap:scared:. I was able to keep a consistent pace, not make many mistakes and claim a satisfying 3rd place after a nice drafting time with Wiifreak. That was a fun race, despite the early scare I had on lap 1. 👍
 
Wow looks like it was an eventful race; I'm sorry I missed it. I should be in for Monaco next weekend. I need to find a setup that doesn't destroy front tyres and stops this thing from pushing like Rosie O'Donnell in a buffet line.
 
MÜLE_9242;5933152
I'm watching the replay right now, and I have a couple of points here.

- First, it looks like it was only Paul that was lagging to me. Which makes sense, as he eventually disconnected.
-Second, on the first couple of laps, it looks as if you're the one bumping into people. Not saying it's intentional at all, as they likely weren't, but still.

EDIT: Yeah, okay, most of us were bumping into each other at the start. Some more severe than others, but in the first 4 or 5 laps, the only people who didn't bump into someone were Aderrrm, GV, Welsh and Maatman

I did a bump a few times but I tried to avoid people as best as I can so i didnt ruin anyones race. A few times i noticed people in front of me go wide on a turn but it looked like they got bumped by me even though i was like a car and a half away from them. Lag must have been so bad that it couldn't calibrate everyones correct location properly.
 
Unofficial results again, but this time with splits, as they'll be needed for penalties.

1. GTP_Aderrrm (PP)
2. Wiifreak - +39.816
3. NEPALII - + 40.007
4. Wardez - +49.487 (FL)
5. GTP_Welsh-Bain +49.751
6. MULE_9242 + 1:33.591
7. syjones1 +1:45.433
8. GV27- +1:45.441
9. Maatman +1:53.293
10. paulmac2k9 (DC'd lap 31, classified)
11. BlackIce49 (DC'd lap 7, not classified)
 
Damn you Wardez for getting FL. :p To be fair quite a few people did low 53s.
 
0.008 off syjones. Damn :dopey:
 
GV27
0.008 off syjones. Damn :dopey:

Sorry GV, after my shocking performance & your fantastic performance you did deserve the position, but that's the 'draft'!!
 
Nah, to be honest my race was crap from the 5th lap onwards. Not so much crap from 5th to 11th, then a bit crappier, and increasingly till the finish line!! Racing's racing. I knew you'd try that, but I was betting on my fresh tyres to make it through the chicane fast enough... you were smarter!! :)
 
Well, I haven't received any more reports, so I guess we can call these official.

1. GTP_Aderrrm (PP)
2. Wiifreak - +39.816
3. Wardez - +49.487 (FL)
4. GTP_Welsh-Bain +49.751
5. NEPALII - + 40.007 +20 seconds
6. MULE_9242 + 1:33.591
7. syjones1 +1:45.433
8. GV27- +1:45.441
9. Maatman +1:53.293
10. paulmac2k9 (DC'd lap 31, classified)
11. BlackIce49 (DC'd lap 7, not classified)


Points have subsequently been updated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmrPKqYP5rlxdC1YOUZKNlk5M1N5Z1N5bFZYYktWUXc&hl=en_US
 
I managed to start practicing early this week. After an hour or so I've finally managed to get a clean lap in at just under 1'47.5s. This will be a tricky race for me to say the least as it is narrow course with alot of turns. At least there are walls to keep me on track. lol. Off to practice some more so I can learn this course and hopefully manage some consistent clean laps. Should make for an exciting race!:)
 
not to frighten you or anything but Aderrrm and a few others are in the 39s..... im in the 42s
 
not to frighten you or anything but Aderrrm and a few others are in the 39s..... im in the 42s

Thats like a stab in the chest if you ask me. Practiced for so long only to find out he's 5 seconds too slow. :banghead:
 
i'm in the 42's as well, and i know i can make it to 41's but its frustrating watching the split times go back and forth and not get there.

im anticipating a lot of complaints after this race :).

is it possible to run the bus stop chicane dirty?
 
I'm having a really hard time getting the back end to rotate. I have a set-up that's designed to do just that, but I'm not getting anything on this track.
 
misterM
i'm in the 42's as well, and i know i can make it to 41's but its frustrating watching the split times go back and forth and not get there.

im anticipating a lot of complaints after this race :).

is it possible to run the bus stop chicane dirty?

Oh its possible, but is it legal ;)
 
I have gotten into 1.38 but cutting the chicane. Without the cut, 1.39s are possible, done that. Just hoping the race doesnt go like Daytona :nervous:
 
Honestly, it shouldn't. I'm sure there's going to be a couple of incidents here and there, but that's the nature of the track. Just don't be overly aggressive and we should all be fine.

And no, don't cut the chicane.
 
I fail to realize how you can possibly cut the chicane in Monaco. I mean, you can take a really deep line through it and still keep two tires on the strip but are we going the GT4 Euro. cup route and telling people to not put four tires on the rumble strip?

I figured that since this was an FF car that the chicane would be self regulating. There's an easy way to regulate it, by not. And there's an extremely frustrating, let's have a good ol' night of going through the replay a bunch of times, way.

I'm with the former. But I'll wait for Mule's stance.
 
Back