Honda S2000 Successor or Baby NSX

That looks expensive.
I think Honda sports cars have always been fairly pricey for what they are, but i really believe it will be 30 to sub 40k (well, i hope it is.. not that i'd be able to afford one anyway). :lol:

The idea of a sub-200 BHP, and presumably "affordable" S2K successor has me tingling in all the right places. Honda should do an approachable performance coupe, one that isn't a Civic Si, that can go toe-to-toe with the MX-5/124 in more than just performance, but also price. Although I'm sure there will be plenty of market share for a mid/high $30k range model with just shy of 300 BHP, it just seems like a more appealing vehicle could be made at a lower price range. I dunno.

I think the bigger question would be whether or not they'd put an auto box in it. I still wonder how many potential sales were lost on the S2K without one, especially when almost all of its contemporaries offered some kind of auto unit.

The Honda S2000 is one of my personal favorite sports cars. To be honest with those renderings, I like this reborn S2000. I surely will want to keep tabs on this car.

Shame nobody is building [direct] competitors for the FR-S/BR-Z. I guess the numbers just aren't there.
Well... It's a weird car.

It's not really good at anything in particular. It's not the lightest, not the most powerful, not the grippest (lol Prius tires), no convertible option, etc.

When I was looking into my sport car I looked at practically every other coupe in that price range (370Z, Genesis Coupe, Miata, Camaro, Challenger, Mustang).

Heck, I was even looking at used Porsche 911s before the FRS.

Shame nobody is building [direct] competitors for the FR-S/BR-Z. I guess the numbers just aren't there.

I think the numbers are there if the other numbers are there. As much as the internet balks about the cars not having enough power, I'll say the same thing I've said dozens of times: Stuffs too expensive, yo.

Well, the rumors for the S2K successor resurfaced yet again. This time they talked about using the 1.5 turbo as base model motor, with the 2l turbo going into the top of the line S2K 'Type R'.

I'd certainly hope so!

As much as I'd like a repeat of the more sporty S2000, I'd be curious to know if they'd be willing to go on the more affordable end of the market and go head-to-head with the Mazda MX-5. I like the idea of an S1500, using the 1.5T out of the Civic, and trying to keep the price under $30k. A good chassis would go a long way to make the car a nice base for later modification, and with the torque of the 1.5T, should address some of those power issues the BRZFRS had.

Honda files trademark for ZSX in Europe and it may show coupe concept at the '17 NAIAS.

Motor 1
On July 26, Honda filed a trademark for the letters ZSX with the European Union Intellectual Property Office. Technically, the company reserves the three letters for practically any type of vehicle like motorcycles and watercraft. However, the similarity to NSX points toward a possible connection to the new supercar.

While Honda applied for the ZSX trademark in Europe, the automaker hasn’t yet renewed it in the United States. As of this writing, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office shows the company abandoning ownership of the three letters for use on vehicles on December 10, 2012.

Despite the currently lapsed U.S. trademark, an anonymous Honda engineer in Japan tells French site Automoto that Acura plans to debut the ZSX as a concept at the 2017 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Initially available as a coupe, a version with a removable metal roof would come later. The unnamed insider claims the vehicle is a hybrid coupe. It might use the Civic Type R’s 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder and have a single electric motor on each axle.

For now, we can only add this new information to the growing pile of evidence that Honda has another sports car under development.
Motor 1

Honda's tweet contains a car that might be the baby NSX.

CKuG0MJUkAANjFE.jpg

Wow, that little car is sure looking interesting. Cars are to big right now, so even if this would have under 200hp then I would be interested. Probably a Lotus elise/4c/mazda mx5 competitor.

Lotus elise/4c/mazda mx5 competitor.

The Elise and 4C are leagues apart from the MX-5. Not only in terms of performance, but in price as well.
The 4C is about double the price of an MX-5, and a quarter in terms of ride quality and luxury.

The Elise and 4C are leagues apart from the MX-5. Not only in terms of performance, but in price as well.
The 4C is about double the price of an MX-5, and a quarter in terms of ride quality and luxury.

Meh, you know what I mean. Does everything need to be black and white? hehe
Mx5 is a small and fun car, ie fits perfect in that car division/group small fun sport car. luxury? I hope you do not mean that the 4C is a luxury car, have you even felt how cheap it feels? :P

I hope you do not mean that the 4C is a luxury car, have you even felt how cheap it feels? :P

He was saying the 4C has a quarter of the quality and luxury an MX-5 has, not the other way round. ;)

Don't get me wrong, it's an astonishingly beautiful design, it sounds wonderful, and it's quick as the devil.
But to drive it daily I think the ride comfort and the cramped cockpit would drive you mad somewhere down the line.

Back