Honda S2000 Successor or Baby NSX

In my opinion, it's pretty much a 90% chance that the roadster in the parking lot there is the Honda VGT. Makes sense because GT Sport news is ramping up again. The teaser images match up pretty well with the design of this new concept too.

Me thinks this deserves a front-page article.

Spy pics of a roadster/speedster version of the car in patent images in the OP
http://www.motor1.com/news/138665/honda-mystery-sports-car-spied/

honda-sporty-myster-spy-pics.jpg
Ok, I have a theory. Let's say this car is not the S2K, but a draft of their VGT concept, which later becomes the baby NSX. It's just like, how Nissan uses the same styling from their VGT concept, into most of their current cars. VGT=ZSX. I rest my case.

Here's me guessing that it still isn't anywhere close to production-ready. The Lamborghini concept level of styling inside and out will still need to be toned down quite a bit, but I'd be willing to make a safe bet on that new 2.0T being out back with a tweaked version of the NSX's 7-speed DCT on deck. Powertrain concept/prototype this may be.

Looks more like a big brother to the cool honda kei car.
13tms_s660_concept_04-56b8cb5c55ce5.jpg

To be honest, just give me that kei car with a crx engine in it and I am satisfied :D

Here's me guessing that it still isn't anywhere close to production-ready. The Lamborghini concept level of styling inside and out will still need to be toned down quite a bit, but I'd be willing to make a safe bet on that new 2.0T being out back with a tweaked version of the NSX's 7-speed DCT on deck. Powertrain concept/prototype this may be.

My thoughts exactly , a lightweight , mid mounted 1.6-2.0 turbo powering the rear with an energy recovery electric setup for the front.

Last edited:
Bummer for car enthusiasts: Honda declared that they do not plan on making an S2000 or S2000-like sports car anytime soon, as well as Acura not be making a "baby NSX".

This is because Honda believes that both the S2000 and the baby NSX would have a difficult time competing in today’s market. With fewer sports cars, and even less convertible sports cars, the ZSX and S2000 would make less market sense than slightly more practical performance vehicles like the Civic Type R and the NSX.

https://www.motor1.com/news/228905/baby-nsx-not-happening/

Well, they need to get cracking on an HRV-R, Odyssey-R or something. I mean, some fans of Nismo, weren't/aren't enthused about the name being slapped on any car, without proper go fast bits. Honda can do more.

Spoon made a racing car from the Fit. They proved it's a chassis ripe for the R badge. No doubt some would love to see a new S2K and NSX-Jr. However, I'm sure many aren't in the market for such a car(I know I'm not). Smart move for now, but Honda need to breath on their bread & butter cars.

Bummer for car enthusiasts: Honda declared that they do not plan on making an S2000 or S2000-like sports car anytime soon, as well as Acura not be making a "baby NSX".

This is because Honda believes that both the S2000 and the baby NSX would have a difficult time competing in today’s market. With fewer sports cars, and even less convertible sports cars, the ZSX and S2000 would make less market sense than slightly more practical performance vehicles like the Civic Type R and the NSX.

https://www.motor1.com/news/228905/baby-nsx-not-happening/

I'd say that the market for these kind of sportscars is better than ever. The MX5 is selling really well over here, and the 124 is starting to see the road. I'd like to say that the GT86 is selling good as well, but it isn't. I think it's too expensive. But these cars are receiving a ton of attention. Honda should just man up and make something interesting, because they aren't right now.

Which is a car a) no one can afford, and b) doesn't even know.

I understand that your comment was aimed at a certain segment of the market. You were thinking along the lines of Honda making something interesting that regular folk can afford to buy brand new, and of course the NSX is out of range for your average customer right now.

But of course, time marches on. That's the wonderful thing about being a car enthusiast, there are just phenomenal cars that come down in price to the point where they're downright affordable. I'd guess that the current NSX comes down to a very affordable level before it bottoms out.

My recommendation to all car enthusiasts is to not put cars out of your mind just because they cost a lot brand new.

I understand that your comment was aimed at a certain segment of the market. You were thinking along the lines of Honda making something interesting that regular folk can afford to buy brand new, and of course the NSX is out of range for your average customer right now.

But of course, time marches on. That's the wonderful thing about being a car enthusiast, there are just phenomenal cars that come down in price to the point where they're downright affordable. I'd guess that the current NSX comes down to a very affordable level before it bottoms out.

My recommendation to all car enthusiasts is to not put cars out of your mind just because they cost a lot brand new.
Exactly. That's why me and my brother had posters of cars on our bedroom walls. Which fueled that passion through the years, to own some pretty nice cars.

Back