Honda S800 RSC Race Car One Make Race (Series Or No Series?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter JLawrence
  • 105 comments
  • 8,408 views
I'll add him.

PS: Shame our Spitfire races never panned out. The championship would have been exciting! (I know it was awhile ago, but I only play the game a couple hours a week so races stick in my mind)
 
Indeed. But, now that I've had some experience organizing racing series, I can probably work one up and get a good running series at some point.
 
I'm always down for vintage one makes, build it and I shall come
 
Just gotta find the time to balance the VSCS, which is the most important in my book, your stuff, and then adding any eccentricities, not to mention having a life etc lol
 
Did a bit of tuning tonight and managed a 1:41.6 at Laguna Seca with the High RPM turbo :-)
 
Then you're in good shape man ;)
 
Just read a thread about some maintenence being done on the servers tomorrow. We might need to delay this for next week since thutsday worked out for everyone.
 
1:41.5-1:41.6
Wow! I guess i'm doing something wrong...I'm running around 1:43.xxx at (113hp 407pp)
 
That can be done. We'll have to wait and see though.
 
Nicktune
Wow! I guess i'm doing something wrong...I'm running around 1:43.xxx at (113hp 407pp)

I was in the 1:43's for quite a while too, I found a lot of time in turn 3 (the first left after the hairpin) and the 2nd last corner... It's all about momentum with this car :-)

For some reason, I've only got 113hp/406pp though. And I'm on Racing Hards.
 
If you aren't at or over 407pp, change the oil and/or rebuild the engine. If the car had 0 miles, changing the oil works. Upgrade the turbo and then mess with downforce, ballast, and power reduction to get the best balance at 407pp. Don't forget to tune the transmission also.

If you can get down to a 1:42, you'll be able to run in the pack. Drafting on this track will allow less precise drivers to keep up...as long as you get turn 11 right.
 
I was in the 1:43's for quite a while too, I found a lot of time in turn 3 (the first left after the hairpin) and the 2nd last corner... It's all about momentum with this car :-)

For some reason, I've only got 113hp/406pp though. And I'm on Racing Hards.

Luxy your right. momentum, keep the mph/kmh and revs up as much as possible.
 
So are we postponed?
 
I think we should just try to sign on between 9:30-10:00 if PSN is up, the race is on.
 
From the first post:
Regulations:
113Hp
660Kg
407pp
Racing Hard tires
Upgrade the turbo and then mess with downforce, ballast, and power reduction to get the best balance at 407pp.
So this is only PP and tires restricted?
 
I think the maintanence is completed..

edit: my bad, still down

See you guys out on the track, almost flat out around laguna seca 👍
 
Last edited:
I suppose it is, but I tested the car at different levels, so I'll know if you try to take advantage of the mild restrictions ;)
 
I may make this. If there are others though, don't worry about me.
 
You're good man. Make sure you send me a friend request, and then hop into my lounge round 945.
 
Wait, your lounge or thisguy70?
 
Mine. He is not available tonight.
Its open, so you can hop in any time. I'll be there in just a minute.

Set restrictions to 113Hp, 660Kg and you'll be all set
 
Good race tonight boys. enjoyed to competition. all races need to be that close. i think a one make series with this car would be great!
 
It can be arranged as long as you or Bassist promise to keep me from getting carried away in creating more race series as well!
 
It can be arranged as long as you or Bassist promise to keep me from getting carried away in creating more race series as well!

getting carried away? i thought this was your full time job...:)
 
Haha yeah. of course
 
Congratulations to Chuyler on a convincing victory. I would have been there at the end but for that dumb short cut penalty on my part from not paying attention...lol.

You might want to post a screen shot of the results Jlawrence...
 
Thanks. I had the pole position with a 1:41.7xx. I left a few 10ths on the track but started hitting traffic during qualifying. Tires really have to warm up to hit decent times.

A quick race report from my run, from what I can remember. I think i'll record the video later and post it.

Start: I think my 1st gear was a bit too tall because agro got a pretty good jump on me. He ducked inside when I understeered a bit on the 2nd part of turn 2 and I gave him the lead into 3 rather than push hard early on. I followed for a lap and gave him a few bumps up the straight. It didn't help because everyone in toe was still close enough to draft. On turn 6 (the left before the steep uphill) I was too close to see the turn in point and I missed it and went off into the dirt. That put me in 5th place with a significant gap. I chased hard hoping to get a break with the draft. After a few laps I caught up and was running 4th when I saw Agro get a penalty at the cork screw. He did the same thing during our practice race. It was Spit, Nic, and me running nose to tail. Spit and Nic looked to be losing time in turn 2 and maybe a little in turn 5 but it was impossible to get by Nic when he was in Spit's draft. I tried to outbrake into 5 but there wasn't enough room for me to fit between the two. I tapped Spit and slowed enough for Nic to get back by. After that I decided I would just try to stay as close to Nic as possible and wait for a mistake. It came in the form of a double shot. Spit went wide on turn 10 and picked up some dirt. Nic sqeezed by on the inside. On turn 11, I knew Spit was going to run wide into the dirt (it happens every time you go into the dirt on 11 if you don't brake soon enough) so I stayed behind Nic. Sure enough, he went wide, but at the same time, Nic picked up a penalty for clipping the corner and I got the lead. Only problem, Yuri was close enough to draft. He tailed me for a while and got right on my bumper on the straight before turn 5. I moved to the inside to force him out but I went too deep and messed up my exit speed. He squeaked by and I jumped on his tail. I stayed close enough through turn 6 to get a boost of draft up the hill. I took the lead before the braking point of the corkscrew and nailed the turn. When I looked back, Yuri had ghosted with a penalty. That put me 4 or 5 seconds ahead with maybe 5 laps to go. I stretched the gap to about 6 seconds by the end of the race. It would have been nice to have a photo finish but I'll take the win.

This was a pretty fun race. I've never raced something so slow on racing tires before. It is really about momentum which makes following other cars extremely difficult. You can take turn 4 wide open when you are out front, but when you follow someone, the extra draft speed means you have to carefully modulate to keep from running wide. The same happens in turn 6. You can't see the apex when you are bumper to bumper so you have to turn in and hope it holds.

Edit, just recorded the video, its uploading now. My best non-draft lap was a 1:41.6xx which occurred when I was trying to pull away from Yuri. Prior to that, when I was chasing Nic and Spit, lap times were around 1:43. So despite being able to run over a second quicker, it is still very difficult to pass when you can't lose momentum. Several of my attempts resulted in me losing a position instead. I also had the fastest overall lap of the race with a 1:41.3xx (draft aided). No one else broke into the 1:41s.
 
Last edited:
I'm still mad I got that penalty....

And on a serious note, would you guys like for me to make this into an official series?
 
Ya go for it. I'll try to join you when I can, but can't give you a full commitment to this series. Now that I got a taste of this car I really want to dial it in and have a extremely close race like you all had going last night.
 
Back