Honda Urban EV Concept

The camouflage photos don't seem to have the same wide wheel arches.

A production ready render.

iu

I mean if they're going to render it with five doors they should at least give it the "hidden" rear handles which are clearly visible on the prototype...

I mean if they're going to render it with five doors they should at least give it the "hidden" rear handles which are clearly visible on the prototype...

To be fair, that render is at least a couple month old. They obviously didn't expect them to forgo the conventional wing mirrors either.

I'm glad they're making it. Overall, it gives me that CVCC returning to its roots. Minor detail, this is another car I've seen reverting back to the two-spoke steering wheel. Last car I had with a two-spoke, was my '98 Mirage. The Honda one is way thicker/sportier.

I adore this. The interior is the best thing I've seen since the BMW I3. Maybe better.

I'm not keen on electric powertrains in terms of them being all pretty soulless, but I'm all for them if they enable manufacturers to actually get back into designing good looking vehicles! Hell, just make a single, stretchable skateboard for every single car model, and then just throw on however many bodies as the designers can crank out. The amount of development required would probably be a small fraction of what it would cost to do the same thing while accommodating ICE power.

The interior is amazing. Love the design with the wall of screens, the wood-look touches, and all the various outlets.

This had better come to the Motability scheme when its out, assuming they're launching it in the UK after Brexit....

This is one hell of a candidate for being a successor to my Panda! Love the design, both exterior and interior. Just hope my bike fits in it with the seats folded and that it isnt too terribly expensive.

It's a very aesthetically pleasing car, inside and out.

That said, with the amount of bodywork between the top of the wheel arches and the bottom of the windows, it makes me wonder if it's a bit too tall... like it needs to be at most half a foot lower in overall height.

Looks pretty nice. Have they said where the motor is mounted? I'm assuming it's in the back given that it's rear drive. Unless Honda decided to make an FR electric hatch, which would be an odd choice.

This is a great in-depth video of the design with Jonny Smith. IMO, the car looks great. I'm pretty chuffed that Honda managed to retain the important details like the flush door handles and pillarless doors... They didn't chicken out in the design department. I just hope it becomes a big seller, as Honda was hesitant to bring it into production in the first place. I'd buy it - Like, seriously.

HDMI input, a full-on 230V plug (he says 240V). Could it be possible to use a PlayStation or a DVD recorder to play games and watch movies?

Last edited:
I hope they offer at least one petrol engine for the EU market. Electric cars are still way too expensive for an average buyer. The new VW e-Up for example, starts at around $30,000 here in Croatia, which is just absurd.

Latest Posts

Back