Honda Urban EV Concept

homeforsummer

Bonbonbonbons!
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
It's like they've created a car just for me...

image-uploaded-from-ios-46.jpg

Looks like a 70s Civic, has a bench front seat, and an electric drivetrain. Not many other details on it for the moment - it's still a concept - but it looks like there'll be a production version as early as 2019.

Definitely my star of the show...

If When this goes into production, changes should be kept to an absolute minimum. I see styling cues resembling those found on the original Civic, Peugeot 205 and Golf Mk1 and they have all been merged to make an incredibly cool looking retro supermini. Love it so much! :embarrassed:

I love it, but I don't think I'd fit in that thing.

Jerome

The only thing I don't like is the width, it looks like some kind of AMC Pacer homage. The Honda Urban EV: The second wide small car?

I love it, but I don't think I'd fit in that thing.

Jerome
If you're 6'6", you should be able to fit. I fit a 6'4" co-worker in the back of my '03 Charade and he said I(I'm 6') could move my driver's seat back if I needed to. It'd be a shame if Honda couldn't package it better.

The only thing I don't like is the width, it looks like some kind of AMC Pacer homage. The Honda Urban EV: The second wide small car?
Yeah, the width confuses me for a car aimed at urban driving, but it doesn't half make it look good. I expect the eventual production car - if it maintains the same styling cues - will probably have narrower arches anyway, and of course smaller wheels which should change the proportions a little.

Well, this was supposed to happen(now when i look at it, I'd prefer this)
Honda-EV-N-1.jpg

Then, they made this instead
3054_0_b.jpg

We'll see what happens.

I actually like how the N One turned out, still has plenty of retro charm to it. It is about time Honda brought a city car with classic styling elements to other markets. Plus since the Urban EV wouldn't have to confer to Kei car regulations, it can be produced with more aestheically-pleasing proportions.

I'm hoping Honda keep it a 3-door. That's why I'm digging it.

The headlight band kept reminding me of something. Then, I worked it out:
Ken.jpg

Frankenstein Junior!(just me showing my age)

That thing looks sick. Love the future-retro design they have going on, and the wheels really set it off.

It'd be nice if they kept the clean minimalist look inside for the production version (gonna have to add some cup holders though).

This car is super lovely, very Golf MkI as others have stated but with futuristic appeal.

What's all that iPad loooooooooooong dash about though?? Very odd, and possibly quite cool.

This is exactly the kind of concept I was looking for! I love small cars, and by the time I'm done with uni this'll be out and I'll be able to buy one... hope Honda keeps the 🤬 dope retro looks though. :nervous:

You see the line that starts with the bonnet shut (presumably a fake bonnet shut) and continues under the window and up the C-pillar? See if you can find any detail shots of where and how the line finishes. I did a mighty :lol: when I saw it.

@fake bonnet shut.
I know it's only a cgi mock-up . But .
A multiple pivot hinge would do the job , or I've always been a sucker for a front mounted hinge (pain in the butt to work with mind) .
Either way I like it and hope it stays .

A multiple pivot hinge would do the job , or I've always been a sucker for a front mounted hinge (pain in the butt to work with mind)
Or it's an EV and doesn't need an opening bonnet.

Latest Posts

Back