Honest Opinions

The Music Rally is a joke take it out.
😇

Say I join an event where my current car is not eligible and the ones that are, are not up to the required standard to win.
First I have to go way back to the menu where you can go into your garage and select the right car. Then back to menu again and go to tuning shop. then go back again to the event, a lot of clicks and waiting later.
You can at least change car from the menu where you enter the race, and you can tune it to fit the criteria of the race if needed. (But I agree that there are a lot of going back and forth and many clicks that could be removed with some shortcuts or more options available without exiting the point you are currently)

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of people torn on this game. I have a copy, got it day one, haven't had a chance to even open and install it yet. I was hoping for a return to form on the career mode. I gave up after 4 because they were all too basic. I get the feeling this is a more polished version of the basic. I miss having a true career mode. Ive been playing Forza, but their career mode has been basic too. In less than 10 hours you can be racing hypercars. Thats just boring.

So, my question. Honest opinions of the career mode, what do you think?
Here are my 2 cents:

Its not what you are hoping to be.
But its got ace presentation, terrific colors on cars, and the timing of its release is perfect.

I am having fun, but if things do not change, I can see me getting bored of the grinding or opening my wallet down the line

After you finish the cafe, your cycle will probably be: grind, grind, grind (or pay), buy a car on timer, play a couple of dailies, rinse & repeat

I say open the case and install it ;)

I enjoy GT7 a lot. I will say it is a great game by itself.

But when I compare to earlier GT# I am a bit disappointed about the way I can play it. (lets call it the Career Mode)
It was always the heart of the game for me that I had to start from scratch and process the way and speed I decided to Play, not what the game tells me to do next.
When you came to the point of deciding what car to buy next you have been weighing what races you could use it for.

Winning Racing Series or Championships and winning cars for it. (every time) and being able to sell the cars.

Let me close the circle here:
For me it does not really feel like a Gran Turismo, but still it is a great racing Game, for car enthusiasts.

I wish to get one option for a future Update: let me skip the Café and have everything unlocked immediately.

I enjoy GT7 a lot. I will say it is a great game by itself.

But when I compare to earlier GT# I am a bit disappointed about the way I can play it. (lets call it the Career Mode)
It was always the heart of the game for me that I had to start from scratch and process the way and speed I decided to Play, not what the game tells me to do next.
When you came to the point of deciding what car to buy next you have been weighing what races you could use it for.

Winning Racing Series or Championships and winning cars for it. (every time) and being able to sell the cars.

Let me close the circle here:
For me it does not really feel like a Gran Turismo, but still it is a great racing Game, for car enthusiasts.

I wish to get one option for a future Update: let me skip the Café and have everything unlocked immediately.

These are my thoughts exactly. For me, the magic of Gran Turismo is being able to choose my own journey through the game, doing the events and licenses in the order I want, when I want to do them. The cafe being set up as the only way to progress through the game game means that every single playthrough is going to be in pretty much the same order. Where is the endless replay value of the previous entries? I personally can't help but be disappointed in this decision and wonder why Polyphony didn't just have all the events unlocked from the start and have the menu books fill themselves out on the side as we buy and win cars in the order we want.

I beat most of the menu's with 91' GTO
Where did you get a GTO? I've looked everywhere and cannot find one. Had the game since launch and never saw one in the UCD. Prize car?

Feels very much like (or at least I hope) they have a lot more content and are deliberately holding it back to release later. Maybe they wanted a fairly trouble-free launch, then they'll add in extra content once any early glitches are ironed out.

The career mode is tiny, but there are glaring omissions and nothing above a Gp.3 championship so there MUST be an expanded championship set on its way including Gp.2, Gp.1, proper endurance stuff etc. I can see that bottom section of the World Circuits section changing format into a proper championship list over time.
There is more beyond Gr. 3 for sure. We have the IB/IA/S license tests, we just don't have any of the corresponding races and championships to go along with them. As it is they just tossed a few Gr 3 races in (that would normally be in IA) to make the race line-up less boring. Honestly, had they not included the International and Super license tests, I'd be far less aggravated, but having them here just shows they were either a) again late because they are terribly inefficient b) cutting launch content to pad-out updates

It is a 10 out of 10 tech demo and a 6.5/10 game.

There is no avatar pretending to be a rookie driver but there are progressively harder races after the menu books are done that require greater skill and better cars. I don't need life lessons from Vin Diesel just great racing.
So... for you, "great racing" is single file rolling start where you always start dead last with a time deficit that can easily be greater than 30~40 seconds and that you'll need to overcome in 2 to 3 lap events, which means you'll need a car much more powerful than the competition, fighting a wild field mixing cars that often have no business being together at the track, all of them controlled by brain dead AI?

Yikes. Motorsport is doomed.

Last edited:
It is a 10 out of 10 tech demo and a 6.5/10 game.

So... for you, "great racing" is single file rolling start where you always start dead last with a time deficit that can easily be greater than 30~40 seconds and that you'll need to overcome in 2 to 3 lap events, which means you'll need a car much more powerful than the competition, fighting a wild field mixing cars that often have no business being together at the track, all of them controlled by brain dead AI?

Yikes. Motorsport is doomed.
Have you played the spicy races? They aren't all like that. You can also set your own races very easily with a standing start if that's your jam. The AI is good once you get past the beginner intro races.

The more I play, the more I realise this is more of the of the same that I seen from other recent cross gen games. It’s another example of a game that launches half baked in some ways because the dev team is stretched too thin. Multiplayer and Sport mode are not even finished, you would think it would at least be on par with GTS. There are bugs in the physics and exploits with the tuning too.

Great foundation, but it needs a lot of work. I can’t help but feel that if they focused on PS5 then it would have launched in a much better state.

Last edited:
The more I play, the more I realise this is more of the of the same that I seen from other recent cross gen games. It’s another example of a game that launches half baked in some ways because the dev team is stretched too thin. Multiplayer and Sport mode are not even finished, you would think it would at least be on par with GTS. There are bugs in the physics and exploits with the tuning too.

Great foundation, but it needs a lot of work. I can’t help but feel that if they focused on PS5 then it would have launched in a much better state.

It has nothing to do with cross Gen and everything to do with PD winding down Sport as people transition to 7. Sport has a huge player base it wouldn't make sense to abandon them prematurely.

It has nothing to do with cross Gen and everything to do with PD winding down Sport as people transition to 7. Sport has a huge player base it wouldn't make sense to abandon them prematurely.
Totally disagree. Old gen consoles are bottle necking the gaming industry, my old base ps4 has a hard time with a lot of newer games.

Last edited:
Totally disagree. Old gen consoles are bottle necking the gaming industry, my old base ps4 has a hard time with a lot of newer games.
That's the opposite of bottle necking. It shows that devs aren't letting the limitations of the old hardware keep them from pushing the envelope. If games still ran great on base ps4 that would be indicitive of bottlenecking. There are a huge range of PC specs people play games on and no one complains about 8 year old GPU's bottlenecking 3080s. It's the same thing but even easier on console because you have far fewer configurations to optimize for. This entire idea is BS.

I keep thinking about the physics, being unbound from ps4 cpu

That's the opposite of bottle necking. It shows that devs aren't letting the limitations of the old hardware keep them from pushing the envelope. If games still ran great on base ps4 that would be indicitive of bottlenecking. There are a huge range of PC specs people play games on and no one complains about 8 year old GPU's bottlenecking 3080s. It's the same thing but even easier on console because you have far fewer configurations to optimize for. This entire idea is BS.
Why do you think the player count for online races remained the same? Because the base PS4 would have a hard processing more players. That is just one example.

Last edited:
I think this is absolutely true. However, this is the first recent console generation transition where even, what, 16-18mo post-launch of the PS5 it's still nearly impossible to find without paying 50-100% over msrp to a scalper. I got lucky 3 weeks ago and finally got one from Wal-Mart online. In the past I'd had a PS5 in cart and they had all sold in the 5-10 sec it took to click the pay button. This is still occurring for many people, and most retail stores still don't have them on the shelves, at least in my area.

So if they are still focusing on PS4 it's hard to blame them given the severe shortage of the next gen systems. I still don't think that's an excuse to launch GT7 with half the career content missing though.

Last edited:
OTE="Veinz, post: 13618138, member: 240801"]

[/QUOTE]
I have GT7 yet but this was my biggest concern with game being crossgen it is not what it could if it was PS5 only. I still plan on buying GT7 and I know I will enjoy it but it could have been so much better as a PS5 exclusive

Why do you think the player count for online races remained the same? Because the base PS4 would have a hard processing more players. That is just one example.
20 is plenty. Why would you want more cars than that? PS5 would struggle with it too. Some times less is more. I woudknt want them to downgrade the car models to fit a few more on track at once.

Have you played the spicy races? They aren't all like that.
And they are a tiny minority of the total events in the game
You can also set your own races very easily with a standing start if that's your jam.
Good luck with that as a 'career' in GT 7, the payouts for custom races is quite frankly absurdly low.
The AI is good once you get past the beginner intro races.
No it's not. It's quicker, and quicker AI is not better AI.

Last edited:
These are my thoughts exactly. For me, the magic of Gran Turismo is being able to choose my own journey through the game, doing the events and licenses in the order I want, when I want to do them. The cafe being set up as the only way to progress through the game game means that every single playthrough is going to be in pretty much the same order. Where is the endless replay value of the previous entries? I personally can't help but be disappointed in this decision and wonder why Polyphony didn't just have all the events unlocked from the start and have the menu books fill themselves out on the side as we buy and win cars in the order we want.

Not really. You can do the events... or you can grind the money and buy the used cars. The Used Cars dealer always has the 3 required menu cars.

That being said, the way the menu just gives you cars as prizes is way too easy. I almost feel like deleting the earned cars and buying used ones whenever they pop in the UCD. The ease of being gifted cars means my Honda Fit is collecting dust since there's no reason to use it anymore after Menu 3 or 4 IIRC.

Career mode is incomplete, let's put it that way. There are too many things missing, lets say, imagine GT League in GT Sport, but only with Beginner and Amateur League, no hardcore championships, no endurance.
There are some glitches with the physics of FR/MR cars, as sometimes they just loose the rear with a weight transfer or just a touch of accelerator, like you were driving on ice. Or every time, if you are driving a Camaro ZL1 or a Honda NSX. That needs to be sorted out.
But generally the physics are much better, specially in FF cars. You can also feel more the weight of the car through FFB, but don't expect to be a huge difference.
Rally sucks, just as before. It was worse than GT Sport on that matter, as each landing of a jump made your car jump a handful more times just because, no matter what, but that was already addressed on update 1.06.

Generally the game as "good bones", but lacks content in career mode, lacks "new cars", as there aren't very few models from the last 4 years. The Sport mode is, at least partially addressed to road cars on a maximum HP and minimum weight basis, although the game brought back a Performance Point system, like GT6, so only a couple of cars are options to be competitive on certain HP-Kg combination.

The tuning and customization sections are great, best GT game by far on that matter, goes to the little details like adding locking clips to the car hood, tow hook, etc.

Not really. You can do the events... or you can grind the money and buy the used cars. The Used Cars dealer always has the 3 required menu cars.

That being said, the way the menu just gives you cars as prizes is way too easy. I almost feel like deleting the earned cars and buying used ones whenever they pop in the UCD. The ease of being gifted cars means my Honda Fit is collecting dust since there's no reason to use it anymore after Menu 3 or 4 IIRC.
I wouldn't, as once the Cafe Menu's are done you into a world of grind, grind like no previous GT title.

Im enjoying the game,looks great,customisation is brill,plays great for me anyway,but single player is lacking content.The AI seems same as ever,i cant compare it to sims as ive never played a sim,apart from the first Pcars if thats classed as a sim.
I dont understand the economy nor locking things that the community wanted,like engine swaps behind a lottery system,totally baffles me,you cant buy any of the legend cars until they cycle around.Its got nothing to do with being entitled or FOMO,why cant i drive one of my sought after cars when i have the credits for them? but hey it is what it is.
Scaffs youtube review was i think pretty spot on with his points and criticism.
Its got ace presentation as a member put it,which is always a thing with gran Turismo games.Appologies if ive got some of the following wrong but no endurance races,no LM or Group 1 races,some tracks with only 1 race,I dont think the last 2 licences are even required for races are they?I cant comment about online mode as i dont play online.
Loads of stuff we could do so maybe as somebody mentioned,the game wasnt totally finished but for whatever reason wasnt allowed to be delayed.GT sport had the single player mode updated after release so hopefully new content will be added over time.
Sorry for the ramble just my 2pence worth,not wanting to start any arguments.👍

Last edited:
Back