Hopes for online championships in the GT7 era.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 10 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
I think it's quite likely that both FIAGTCs will be returning, as well as the Gazoo Racing Cup. I could also see the Porsche Gran Turismo Cup being expanded to all territories - whereas it's currently limited to Asia/Oceania - featuring a variety of Porsche model one-makes in the vein of the GR Cup. This is especially considering the new relationship between GT and Porsche.

Here are my wishes for these championships in the GT7 era, at least before we get into potential DLC content:

-Dynamic weather for at least some races. Finally, an actual use for intermediates.

-The featuring of cars/tracks not in GTS, such as Daytona or the Nissan Skyline GT-R KPGC10. I want to see an emphasis on this new content, even if it means more one-makes.

-There are quite a few options in GT Sport's races that never seem to get used, like mandatory pit stops, the approximate lap to pit, or how much fuel you can take on. I'd really like to see these options get used more. Otherwise, I'd get rid of them.

-Permission to use your own, tuned cars, albeit with a PP limit. The possibilities seem very much open-ended, even if you just consider aesthetic stuff like bodykits. If this were solely a regulation for races featuring one or more road-going models, the permitting of tuning could especially help compensate for shortcomings of a certain car, or if a driver has a certain style/strategy.

-More one-makes for the Nations Cup - maybe even always being one-makes, as the Nations Cup is meant to emphasize the driver and not the car - but with said one-makes having much stronger themes. For example, one round of the Nations Cup could feature a classic car at the Goodwood Circuit, a Honda model at Suzuka, the F1500T-A at Monza, etc.

-I'd also like to see the Daily Races - or whatever replaces it - replicate the next rounds of each championship, as well. That way, you can essentially practice and even build up your DR, but it won't count towards the championship, and you'd have to enter the actual championship race. This would prevent the need to enter custom lobbies just to practice for the championships.

-Overall, I'd like to see a ton of variety of cars/tracks in the various championships, as well as a way to incentivize a wide variety of cars within the field for events that permit multiple models while not being part of the Manufacturers Series, as the grids seem to be diverse in that series far more often.

Last edited:
This car isn't even in the game and I'm already imagining an exclusive championship (electric) with it...

PorscheMissionR.png

I hope the Vision GT is not electric. lol

I'm never going to care about online championships unless they stop taking themselves so seriously.

Racing Gr.3 cars over and over again on F1 tracks just isn't interesting for most people. With PP balancing returning, hopefully they have a section of Sport mode where players can use the cars they modified and setup themselves. If not, most of the online competition will be taken place in open lobbies instead. 🤷

Also: Let me race with/against my friends if we are the same rating.

I had suggested pre-selecting the FIA race and getting reminders, similar to the countdown to server shutdown. Some might miss out on the slot they wanted enter due to forgetting or a busy schedule. At least it's a small detail that can aid many players.

Needs to have a Teams championship which has different teams with preselected cars over several categories, so you're still boxed into a choice at the start of the season (like Manufacturers). However it means that the whole championship isnt exclusively group 3 and 4 (which is a serious shortcoming of Manufacturers).

Last edited:
Not that I care personally but they absolutely need far more than three, maybe four competitions in Sport mode. They need something different every week, like those pre-release GTS screenshots showed.

Data they got from GTS should show them clearly that most people do not care for serious competetive events lasting over several weeks where the only prize is for the elite top 24. They want fun, relatively laid back competition with a small prize at the end of it that they can enter every day/week, as a one off.

Set up an online "FR 1990s Japanese Series" or whatever and make the end prizes credits or cars or something else in game, and most importantly, make it so that everyone gets something. Every time. Plenty of games with PVP contests use gold/silver/bronze brackets for prizes, so even those finishing in 514,119th place get something.

Uptake will surely go up.

Last edited:
They also need to have the option to build your own league and points in lobbies. Have the structure integrated in the game rather than having someone do tallies in a forum

Data they got from GTS should show them clearly that most people do not care for serious competetive events lasting over several weeks where the only prize is for the elite top 24. They want fun, relatively laid back competition with a small prize at the end of it that they can enter every day/week, as a one off.

Set up an online "FR 1990s Japanese Series" or whatever and make the prizes credits or cars or something else in game, and most importantly, make it so that everyone gets something. Every time. Plenty of games with PVP contests use gold/silver/bronze brackets for prizes, so even those finishing in 514,119th place get something.

Uptake will surely go up.
This just sounds like a new and improved Seasonal Events, and I'm all for it. Give me some lighthearted slow car sprints that last under ten minutes, and I'll replay that a crap ton. Maybe keep dynamic weather on at all times as well to add some fun unpredictability. As long as no one has to stress about keeping their Driver ratings up or dedicate a crap ton of time to prep, the players will come.

We need weekly daily races and seasonal events for the "average" folk who don't care about the Manufacturer's and Nations Cup.

That's why I liked all hose Seasonable. It did have the GT3 races, but a host of other cars. More like shuffle racing.

Really gave those of us that like using unusual car set ups(120d :) ), a chance to dig deep in our garages.

We need weekly daily races and seasonal events for the "average" folk who don't care about the Manufacturer's and Nations Cup.
Indeed. I'd make them much more interesting, too, rather than just have Race A be a one-make, with Races B and C more often than not permitting an entire class of cars. For those races, most cars in those classes never get used because everybody's using meta picks. More interesting car regulations would indeed be ideal, like how there have been Daily Races that only permitted the Group C racers within Gr.1.

Back