Horizon Features/Cars Wishlist

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 73 comments
Fezz_ST
Fezz ST
Since no-one else has made this thread I thought I would.

What we already know Forza Horizon will include:

• open-world racer
  • dynamic day and night cycles
  • takes place in Colorado
  • gas stations
  • paint shops
  • car dealerships

As far as cars go I just want all the lower class cars from Forza 4, I'm hoping that the game isn't focused purely on the A/S class cars because that would honestly make me basically uninterested in this game

I would like all except the R Classes, I think that would just be taking it too far if they included race cars

I also would kill to be able to drive me real car around in this game, but I don't think it's ever going to happen :(

I'm just hoping that I can use the cars in my current Forza 4 garage in Horizon. I've invested so much time, energy and (in some rare cases) actual money (for car tokens) to get where I am now that I really wouldn't like it if I had to start over again.

If it's using the physics of FM4, there shouldn't be anything stopping the cars from FM4 being in the game. It shouldn't be too hard to load in your car from your FM4 save, should it?

It'd be a good incentive for Forza 4 players to pick up and play the game, I agree that the R class cars would be a bit out of place in this game, but that's not to say I'd complain if they were put in, I probably wouldn't use them, but I wouldn't complain.

"and players can race various vehicles in the game, including a plane.' So R-class cars would make sense, but only on the race tracks, not on the public roads. I'm also curious to see what kind of planes will be in the game.

I'm just hoping that I can use the cars in my current Forza 4 garage in Horizon. I've invested so much time, energy and (in some rare cases) actual money (for car tokens) to get where I am now that I really wouldn't like it if I had to start over again.

To be honest i dont think they should allow that. You get a guy that has FM4 that probably has all cars in the game, transfer them over and basically start out with the best of the best of everything? While on the other hand a guy that barely picked up the game will start out with some basic car most likely. Just doesnt seem to fair really.

If they do anything i think it would be like when you transfer those certain cars from FM3 to FM4.

My car wishlist consists of every car from FM4. What's the chances of getting the same car list?? Slim and none imo but it would be nice to see and should be easy enough. Just transfer all the cars over.

My wishlist for this game:

• Built in car radio (like in Grand Theft Auto) with the ability to change songs (our own songs)
• lots of beautiful places to take scenic pictures
• the ability to take a friend on a cruise like in TDU2
• living world with other drivers and traffic using fully actual modeled cars (unlike the generic cars in TDU)
• please add more detailed working car parts such as horns, wipers, blinkers
• weather such as rain, wind
• wide open spots for car meet ups for those who wish to show
• more customization such as wheel choices, body kits, etc
• bikes!

"Diversity is the key" and keeping this game interesting for me, would be a wide range of cars, namely, the whole FM4 palette!

Digitalic knows whats up, except the bike wish, I just don't see that happening, but the radio, functioning car parts, weather, etc, all make me :)

Oh, and to add to the wishlist is good support for wheels. Like being able to look left/right and program your buttons is very important!

That was my first impression also but for some reason it looked much too bulky to me.

Well, hopefully this will be in Horizon as well!

To be honest i dont think they should allow that. You get a guy that has FM4 that probably has all cars in the game, transfer them over and basically start out with the best of the best of everything? While on the other hand a guy that barely picked up the game will start out with some basic car most likely. Just doesnt seem to fair really.

If they do anything i think it would be like when you transfer those certain cars from FM3 to FM4.

Why isn't it fair? Like I said, I've invested time, energy & money to get where I am now in the game, so why shouldn't I get any 'reward' for my efforts?

If you're talking about being fair in online racing, I'm sure you'll be able to set the races up in such a manner that you can only use cars that all players have available.

Thing is this... I work about 6,5 days every week, about 8 tot 10 hours per day (at least) and because of this I can't play as often as I'd like to. When I do have time to play, I want to be able to play with what I want, when I want and as such I really don't like to grind and grind and grind until I finally can afford to purchase the cars I want to play with. It's because of this that I've stopped playing GT5 on my PS3.

I too would love to see some type of connection between the FM4 garage and Horizon. I wouldn't want Horizon to have its own car list, I want it to be integrated some how. Especially with all of these off road 4x4 cars and trucks FM4 has been receiving as of late.

Gas stations just make me giggly for some reason, I love the idea and I hope they serve an actual purpose. The idea of having an open world game, and being able to drive and explore, and discover new areas and shops and the like, sounds so awesome to me if possible.

We already have fuel use in FM4, as well as tyre wear, so it's not a far cry to see the need for garages/fuel stations when your car is empty of gas or has knackered it's tyres and needs to replenish those consumables. This also suggests a currency system like in FM4, and further backed up with 'dealerships'.

My take on the recent offroad additions to the garage in FM4 is that it can be taken in 2 ways:

1) Least likely, the entire garage can be transplanted over so the range is being extended for Horizon's differing terrain. This would be my preference.

2) Most likely, they have been modeling the cars for Horizon's seperate car list and thought 'we've got the models, we may as well lob them into FM'. Whilst not my ideal situation, it's nice they are taking the effort and proves the models will be as good in Horizon as FM4.

I look forward to more details from E3 and am glad they are doing something like this. My feeling is that FM has reached it's limit on the present X-box, and to go further (day/night/weather etc.) they would have to step back from certain core FM ideologies such as 60fps, huge numbers of cars, heavy duty customisation etc. By creating a game where some of these are sacrificed, but more features are introduced, to run alongside the core FM product is a stroke of genius.

Also having it 'supervised' by T10 and made by a trusted development partner, rather than actively made by themselves, should ensure they don't run into the PD/GT5/GTPSP issue where FM5 is affected by Horizon's development and comes out half finished/malformed.

Can't wait and looking forward to it very much. Refuse to get wrapped up too much in the hype, i will appreciate whatever is produced by two great studios working together and am very happy that something like this is being worked.

Why isn't it fair? Like I said, I've invested time, energy & money to get where I am now in the game, so why shouldn't I get any 'reward' for my efforts?

If you're talking about being fair in online racing, I'm sure you'll be able to set the races up in such a manner that you can only use cars that all players have available.

Thing is this... I work about 6,5 days every week, about 8 tot 10 hours per day (at least) and because of this I can't play as often as I'd like to. When I do have time to play, I want to be able to play with what I want, when I want and as such I really don't like to grind and grind and grind until I finally can afford to purchase the cars I want to play with. It's because of this that I've stopped playing GT5 on my PS3.

Because its a totally different game. Everyone who owns Forza invested time and money, but to unlock every single car? I dont think so and I highly doubt it. Like I said, I dont think they would want such an uneven playing field the day the game is released because then there will be people that would be discouraged as they have just bought the game and have crap cars compared to everyone else. If anything I think they would do about a dozen cars, sorta like the "unicorns" in the current Forza that you can transfer. That i wouldnt mind at all, and I wouldnt doubt if the Viper would be one of them.

Thats like saying I own call of duty and spent money on my map packs and progressed to the 2000th prestige, so when another COD come out I want to have every single gun and all map packs for free because i bought them on a different COD.

Please give us the ability to create and edit our own videos and share them via different methods such as youtube. I would love to gather a cruise, and then have a car meet and film it all, and then be able to go back and edit the video and upload it for others to see.

Because its a totally different game. Everyone who owns Forza invested time and money, but to unlock every single car? I dont think so and I highly doubt it. Like I said, I dont think they would want such an uneven playing field the day the game is released because then there will be people that would be discouraged as they have just bought the game and have crap cars compared to everyone else.
Okay, that's a valid point. Although I'm not sure if there would be many gamers who'd buy Horizon that didn't already own FM4.

If anything I think they would do about a dozen cars, sorta like the "unicorns" in the current Forza that you can transfer. That i wouldnt mind at all, and I wouldnt doubt if the Viper would be one of them.
You might be on to something here. Didn't they do something like that also for FM2 savegames in FM3?

Thats like saying I own call of duty and spent money on my map packs and progressed to the 2000th prestige, so when another COD come out I want to have every single gun and all map packs for free because i bought them on a different COD.
I wasn't talking about DLC. If some cars from FM4 now would be DLC in Horizon, I would buy them again if I wanted to drive in them.

However, I'm thinking that we can rule out importing a FM4 garage from what we've learned today.

Okay, that's a valid point. Although I'm not sure if there would be many gamers who'd buy Horizon that didn't already own FM4.
Thats pretty true, but by the looks of it it might appeal to more people with it being a free roam game kinda like the arcade style of NFS, rather then just the sim oriented FM group.

You might be on to something here. Didn't they do something like that also for FM2 savegames in FM3?
I cant remember if it was number 2, or 3 i didnt play so i cant really recall haha. Although there was some importing from 3>4

I wasn't talking about DLC. If some cars from FM4 now would be DLC in Horizon, I would buy them again if I wanted to drive in them.

However, I'm thinking that we can rule out importing a FM4 garage from what we've learned today.
Yeah i didnt mean it as hey i bought dlc, but more of what you brought up about spending money in game and what not.

Kinda sad to see E and F classes gone to be honest, if thats the case. I'm anxious to see exactly what cars, and the amount of actual cars in the game though.

There's only one thing I would love to see in Horizon that's on my wishlist:

MMO Freeroam.

From what has been said, so far about the game, I'm not sure It'll be possible unless T10 has access to a superserver Super Computer Server (maybe supplied by Microsoft?) to handle the physics of (if I recall correctly) Forza 4 on a massive scale.

Hopefully it will have twisty mountain roads in addition to all those huge highway stretches. Also transferrable garage w/ FM4.

Back