Hot Dog! Oscar Mayer is Taking Applications for Wienermobile Drivers

Brace yourselves... the wiener puns are coming.

Also, if you're interested, the six license plates are: BIG BUN, OSCRMYR, WEENR, WNR MBLE, YUMMY and the all-time classic, OH I WISH.

Brace yourselves... the wiener puns are coming.

Also, if you're interested, the six license plates are: BIG BUN, OSCRMYR, WEENR, WNR MBLE, YUMMY and the all-time classic, OH I WISH.

Because of my morning routine consisting of turning off my alarm and then checking the front page, guess which song was already stuck in my head by the time I was brushing my teeth?

Because of my morning routine consisting of turning off my alarm and then checking the front page, guess which song was already stuck in my head by the time I was brushing my teeth?
We don't get them over here (weirdly, we do have a company called Oscar Mayer, which makes food, but it's not the same company), so all I could think of was the scene in Demolition Man with the Oldies radio station :lol:

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on January 29th, 2019 in the Car Culture category.

For nerdy information: a wiener is not a sandwich in Britain (obviously), just for information, and the other day I learned that Americans pronounce a "W" at the beginning instead of the "V".

Very cool van though, it would make a great camper!

They do periodic tables as well.

simpsons_PT.jpg

That's one hell of an introduction to an article. I'm surprised at the Weiner-Mini...and I'm sure there are plenty of jokes that could be made on that one.

We don't get them over here (weirdly, we do have a company called Oscar Mayer, which makes food, but it's not the same company), so all I could think of was the scene in Demolition Man with the Oldies radio station :lol:
Huh. Oscar Mayer is such a ubiquitous brand over here, it's crazy to find out an unrelated food company with the same name exists on the other side of the pond.

The reason it's so well-known here is because of their long history of commercials with arguably two of the most famous jingles in advertising history (or the two most famous here in the US, I guess). This is also the origin of the "OH I WISH" license plate, which I'm assuming you didn't understand at first. :lol:

I love seemingly random things like this which break me out of my own cultural bubble.

other day I learned that Americans pronounce a "W" at the beginning instead of the "V".
Ha, yep. I assumed most Europeans knew this!

I saw the wienermobile somewhere between Dallas and Waco last summer:

I've seen a couple of Bugatti Veyrons and two Ferrari 250 GTOs in my lifetime, but only one rolling hot dog (as opposed to hot dogs on rollers).

I love seemingly random things like this which break me out of my own cultural bubble.

I've been to Canada 10 times and still do double-takes at Purolator Couriers, as opposed to the semi-related US automotive filter manufacturer.

961b4db353d3c5b07ee6b37aa41ac1e76b36a0e2.jpg_1200x630.jpg

32638e66-1b04-44c6-80fc-b75c3b5dbdee_1.cc747bc5821b4c417be88b2aeef9671b.jpeg

Last edited:
Back