image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Man, that Caddy engine is pristine. Such a clean engine bay, and it suits the car's equally clean and simple lines perfectly. The white roof and the white-wall tires are just icing on the cake, really.

Now that's what I call a fine collection of classic muscle going up the Heaven's mountain (which is of course the infamous Pikes Peak track). The first driver sure had the right amount of bravery, he's practicaly on the ragged edge (quite literally) of the track, the crazy sod...

Also, even a Toronado went up the mountain? Now that's something.

It actually won its clas -Stock- with Nick Sanborn at the wheel 👍

also, dude, who the heck is your avatar? I'm absolutely sure I know her but can't quite pinpoint her.

Well I'll be darned, good job, Nick Sanborn. I can respect a guy who took a Toronado up Pikes Peak and won his category in the process. 👍

Also, not sure if this is the right place to clarify that sort of thing, but if you really want to know, it's miss Meimi Haneoka, from Kaitou Saint Tail.

Ah yes, Saint Tail, that's where. Ew.

Ok, back to testosterone:

Gary Kollofski's '55 Chevy, one of the earliest tubed cars, this picture is from 1976 or so:
hrdp_0801_60_z+top_100_hot_rods+.jpg

The car was super-radical for the time, with a complete removable front clip and a blown 427. Fully streetable too.
no-subject.jpg

Ah yes, Saint Tail, that's where. Ew.

Oh what the... Fine, I was half-expecting that answer from you anyways. After all, since you hate Sailor Moon, I wasn't expecting a lesser response from a similar show. Not arguing with you, don't worry.

Meanwhile, back to the drag monsters;

Ok, back to testosterone:

Gary Kollofski's '55 Chevy, one of the earliest tubed cars, this picture is from 1976 or so:
hrdp_0801_60_z+top_100_hot_rods+.jpg

The car was super-radical for the time, with a complete removable front clip and a blown 427. Fully streetable too.
no-subject.jpg

Darn, that is quite innovative for its time indeed. You can tell that quite the work done to it, and it shows. And it's fully streetable? That's equally impressive, since it's also a tubed drag car.

tubed drag car.

No, that is precisely the point with that car. It's a street car. You see, up until the mid-70s, fat-tired street machines looked like this:
MXC6L.png

The famous look with 3 inches of tire poking out of the rear because they just didn't fit. Then Bill Jenkins created his '72 Pro Stock Vega with a full-tube chassis, so he could contain the enormous tires inside the car's body. That car, while a race car, was very influential to the street machiners, as they soon started to do the same... not necesarily a full-tube-chassis mind you, but to move the rear suspensions of their cars inboard to tuck in huge drag tires. This evolved troughout all of the 70s, leading to the actual Pro Street movement that dominated the 80s and half of the 90s, and of which you can read more here:
http://www.hotrod.com/features/1309-pro-street-evolution/

Ah, I see. "Grumpy" Jenkins made a racing car with a full-tube chassis to make up for the large tire size, but accidentaly set off a street trend in the process. In turn, most street drivers took inspiration from his car, by making the tires have a more inward positioning, tucking them inside the body. Thanks for the history lesson, much appreciated. 👍

Question! I saw this Super Bee at a car show a few weeks ago. This twin turbo set up is odd to me because it looks so purposeful, but yet not stock. It looks a lot more than a custom home job though too.

Bakers (15 of 26).jpg

Question! I saw this Super Bee at a car show a few weeks ago. This twin turbo set up is odd to me because it looks so purposeful, but yet not stock. It looks a lot more than a custom home job though too.

View attachment 405871

DUDE WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL, YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!! I really thought you were, I dunno, in a cave or something. Hello! Don't go away!

Also, custom of course. And very cool :lol: just look at that blow-thru box!

DUDE WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL, YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!! I really thought you were, I dunno, in a cave or something. Hello! Don't go away!

Also, custom of course. And very cool :lol: just look at that blow-thru box!

Yea I'm still around! I just don't really post much anymore. I figured it was custom, but it also looked so right. I don't know!

Order (28 of 39).jpg

Order (4 of 39).jpg

Edit (9 of 15).jpg

These are from the "largest weekly car cruise in, in the US." Michigan is alright during the summer.

Back