• 6,007 comments
edelbrock_drag_racing_series_1969_camaro.jpg

8490167517_d8bcff502d_b.jpg

maxresdefault-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

DR-1403-BOLT-LEAD-e1400780263530.jpg

Last edited:
I'd have the Buick over the Nova. That thing is luscious.
If you want more Buick (or Nova, or anything else he's built), you can find it here. I found his site, and while its a little glitchy, it's still loaded with pictures of his builds.

Say hello to two of the baddest drag radial cars in the world.
upload_2016-2-25_14-43-11.png

Mustang (named The Shadow) runs 3's in the 1/8th mile on 315 drag radials with a 526 Hemi. It was also the runner up in the Lights Out 7 Radial vs. the World class. It's driven by Steve "Stevie Fast" Jackson.
upload_2016-2-25_14-37-7.png

The Corvette also runs 3's in the 1/8th mile on 315 drag radials but uses a twin-turbo small block Chevy (previously a TT LSX that displaced 468 ci). Car won the Radial vs. the World class at Lights Out 7 and took home at least $50,000 for the win. This Corvette (owned and driven by Keith Berry) is the two time defending NMCA Radial Wars champion as well with the old LS. The SBC in the car now made its first passes in the C5 during LO7 competition. Not a bad way to debut the new engine combo.

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-25_14-32-0.png
    upload_2016-2-25_14-32-0.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 9
The boldness and sheer ingenuity to make a hot rod out of a Landie deserves credit, even if you have a purist mind towards those who chop one to oblivion for hot rodding's sake. It's unique, it's well built and respects the hot rod "rules", you can't deny that. 👍

Speaking of mental things, have one;
nitro-nitromag-280-chevelle-awd.jpg

A Chevelle that I have only heard of now, packing more that its looks would lead you to believe. How about over 1,200 horsepower within a twin-turbocharged V8 engine, a predicted top speed of over 200 mph and a 0-60 time around the 3 second mark sound? And if that isn't impressive enough, it does all this with the added bonus of a Silverado-based AWD system, so wheelspin power-wasting is a thing of the past for this monster. All made in France, of all places (the picture above comes from local American car magazine Nitro, who recently featured the car in their latest edition. I have a copy of said magazine, by the by)...

Here it is in movement, doing what it does best;

Okay. @Cano I know I liked and disliked a few of his cars before, so did you but, I as trying to find american cars and...this came up..
ford-custom-foose.2000x1333.Jan-22-2012_22.45.36.465099.jpg

Now this, is a '49 Ford Coupé, Foose's style. I have to admit, this thing blew me the freak AWAY.

The color too, now that is what I call a wise choice. Christ, if tehre's a car I know that it's very good coming from him, it's this. Holy crap, I can't stop staring...

Have an extra one, '50 this time.
1950_Ford_Custom_Deluxe_Club_Coupe_For_Sale_Rear_resize.jpg

Okay. @Cano I know I liked and disliked a few of his cars before, so did you but, I as trying to find american cars and...this came up..
Now this, is a '49 Ford Coupé, Foose's style. I have to admit, this thing blew me the freak AWAY.
The color too, now that is what I call a wise choice. Christ, if tehre's a car I know that it's very good coming from him, it's this. Holy crap, I can't stop staring...

Dig deeper dude, this car was built like 15 years ago by Sam Foose, Chip's dad. Foose style indeed, but from the good Foose guy.

Dig deeper dude, this car was built like 15 years ago by Sam Foose, Chip's dad. Foose style indeed, but from the good Foose guy.

Wait, didn't know his dad was still kicking, so the good Foose cars are from him, the decent/average ones by Chip. Gotcha.

Wait, didn't know his dad was still kicking, so the good Foose cars are from him, the decent/average ones by Chip. Gotcha.

Wellllll not quite. Sam Foose also had his whoopsies, but his cars were much less radical visually than what Chip does, so it's much less noticeable.
Chip on the other hand can be quite good, he's penned/fabricated some of my favorite custom cars, specially from the pre-tv show era. He's had to whip out some over-the-top creations for the TV shows and that crap, but when he gets commisioned a high-end build he still can do some good stuff. Sadly, several of his best cars are all but overshadowed by the most tacky creations.

Wellllll not quite. Sam Foose also had his whoopsies, but his cars were much less radical visually than what Chip does, so it's much less noticeable.
Chip on the other hand can be quite good, he's penned/fabricated some of my favorite custom cars, specially from the pre-tv show era. He's had to whip out some over-the-top creations for the TV shows and that crap, but when he gets commisioned a high-end build he still can do some good stuff. Sadly, several of his best cars are all but overshadowed by the most tacky creations.

After all, mistakes were made and they can happen. But even if they made a few cars that don't look so good, they have their ways to impress people.

EDIT: @Cano Holy freaking crap. Look what I just found.
vemp_1007_01%2B1967_chevrolet_corvette%2B.jpg

Jeeeez.

Last edited:
Back