hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,009 comments
Chevrolet Bel Air 1960's.png

Okay, got something special 'round here. I wish I knew better of this one because I am in ****ing love.

Not many images of this badboy but I think this os a Cobra body kit style? It's like a total new look on it. Geez.
Vettesattheport011.jpg~original

Vettesattheport018.jpg~original

P1010067a.jpg~original

And thumbnail is another I found accidentally. Just...God damn.

EDIT: Got an extra goodie and wht a find it is.
vemp_1004_01_o+chevy_corvette_sportwagon+rear_view.jpg

And not just a mustang..this is Joel Shook's '65 fastback...Nnng.
9ca964bd9aebdb276e69788abc70bc12.jpg

Attachments

• 19660427's Chevrolet Corvette.JPG
    19660427's Chevrolet Corvette.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 16
Uh, nope. If you find it questionable, that's your opinion, it just looks unique and different. I don't have the guts to do it.
I find it ghastly, but good for you! :P (Seriously though, stick to your guns.)

I brought these up elsewhere, and while I'd normally put it in the general American cars thread to circumvent the arbitrary labels, I wanted to post new instead of edit. :lol:

1970-ford-ranchero.jpg

I mean...

Is that... a Ford Ranchero? Or a Mercury version of it, a bit like the bas:censored:d son of the Mercury Comet...
Ford. Being based on a Torino, the Mercury equivalent would be a Cyclone and those had wildly different front end sheetmetal at that time:

1111phr-01+1970-mercury-cyclone-spoiler+three-qaurters-view.jpg

The last Mercury variant of the Ranchero would've been based on a Comet as you indicated, and a Meteor prior to that.

The swap (emphasis on that bit) has been done, however:

24417420002_large.jpg

Last edited:
Fair enough, thanks for clarifying that one. It is a Ranchero, just one generation that I haven't seen many times before. It gave me the 1970 Mercury muscle car vibe, which led me to think that somehow Mercury made some sort of Comet muscle pickup.

The idea of a Rancyclone Spoiler is oddly alluring, I must admit... It would give the Rat 454 V8 El Camino a run for its money, no?

The idea of a Rancyclone Spoiler is oddly alluring, I must admit... It would give the Rat 454 V8 El Camino a run for its money, no?
"Ranchinos" are a bit leaner than the El Caminos of the period, so assuming you opted for the proper Spoiler's SCJ instead of the normal Spoiler II's 351, probably.

"Ranchinos" are a bit leaner than the El Caminos of the period, so assuming you opted for the proper Spoiler's SCJ instead of the normal Spoiler II's 351, probably.

What makes the 351 block worse than the Spoiler's Super Cobra, asking out of curiosity?

That front end is probably my favorite of all the muscle-car era. Probably.
That conviction though! :lol:

Yeah I love Cyclones, but I'd take a certain fusilage's front fascia over it if we're talking cars of that era:

autowp.ru_plymouth_sport_fury_gt_hardtop_coupe_3.jpg

And since I don't consider those barges to be actual muscle cars, if we're talking actual muscle cars, I'd take the first GTO (as cliche as it is) nose:

1964_pontiac_gto_by_stormpix-d5q6aeq.jpg

My other three runner-ups would be the 1970 GTO, 1971 Trans Am, and the 1970 Dodge Coronet. Yes I have a thing for split grilles.

Well you're seeking a match with a 454 El Camino, something with a 429 seems more appropriate than with a 351...

But isn't the 429 engine somewhat castrated because Ford did not build the production cars with sheer performance in mind? From what I've heard, the 429-powered Mustang was not as quick as other versions (namely the Boss 302 and the Mach 1) despite featuring a 429 engine, right? I can see why one would make that comparison, but still...

But isn't the 429 engine somewhat castrated because Ford did not build the production cars with sheer performance in mind? From what I've heard, the 429-powered Mustang was not as quick as other versions (namely the Boss 302 and the Mach 1) despite featuring a 429 engine, right? I can see why one would make that comparison, but still...
Sure, you can make the argument, but remember that non-LS 6 454s were rated at 360hp and Spoiler 351s (which used the truck motor Cleveland rather than a much peppier Boss 302) were rated at 285, whereas the 429 Spoilers were rated at 375. Perhaps the more appropriate comparison would be the hybrid Ranchero with a hybrid El Camino using the 396 SS spec motor rated at the same 375--a comparison that sheds light on the point you're making that displacement wasn't necessarily king in terms of factory specs.

This Ram is a local Outlaw 10.5 regular at Milan Dragway. It is also the quickest full size pickup truck in the world. It's current 1/8th best is 4.16 and best quarter is 6.59 with a supercharged Hemi. It is currently being rebuilt after a wreck but will weigh about 110 pounds less and have an additional 200 hp when it returns. The owner's goal is to get it into the 3s in the 1/8th mile (Milan's Outlaw 10.5 class runs 1/8th mile).

upload_2016-5-12_13-57-27.png

Back