• 6,009 comments
0609rc_23_z%202006_lonestar_rod_roundup%201955_chevy_pickup.jpg

attachment.php

150815_TLB_1063.jpg

150814_TLB_0481.jpg

150815_TLB_1517.jpg

150815_TLB_1127.jpg

150814_TLB_0477.jpg

That black 55 is awesome. Found some other projects by that builder.

Scott Sullivan! That cheez-wheez yellow car might be his most famous build as it was the subject of a Hot Rod story back in the pro-street heyday where it was driven basically cross-country, running 10s in both extremes. Remember, this was at a time when nobody in the hot rodding world had seen a fuel injection manifold. I'm thinking 1987 or so.

The really bitchin' thing is that he still has the car and it is exactly as it was when that happened, which is awesome if you ask me. So many pro-street cars got rebuilt into something else when the trend faded, that seeing such an important car for the era still looking the part is really cool.

I just don't understand the appeal of excessively lowered vehicles, regardless of how their lack of altitude is acquired. Frankly, with very few exceptions, it's even too low if I can't touch the top of the tire without bending my fingers.

And then there's the whole "patina" thing; I have the nagging suspicion that last truck (but is it really even a truck anymore?) was bought in reasonable condition and subsequently "crappified."

Latest Posts

Back