hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,009 comments
Ford Mach 1 Concept car. If I was rich I'd have this.
1968-Ford-Mustang-Mach-1-concept-01.jpg

A continuation of the more-door hardtop binge that got kicked off for me last night, here's a '71 Chevelle Sport Sedan.

depley[1].jpg
depley[3].jpg

It's a fake SS--only the Sport Coupe, convertible and El Camino got the SS treatment for 1971, just as the year before--and that irks me, but it looks the business with those 15" Kelsey Hayes steel sport "mags" and it may well pack some heat under the hood.

That color combination is also making me feel all tingly inside.

While on Chevelles...here's a Heavy Chevy.

Used-1971-Chevrolet-Chevelle.jpg
Used-1971-Chevrolet-Chevelle.jpg

These Chevelles were devised as a way for customers to option higher output engines without incurring insurance costs associated with the SS, however, the most potent production motor on offer in '71, the LS5 454, remained exclusive to the higher trim.

The Heavy Chevy package was exclusive to Sport Coupes.

A continuation of the more-door hardtop binge that got kicked off for me last night, here's a '71 Chevelle Sport Sedan.

depley[1].jpg
depley[3].jpg

It's a fake SS--only the Sport Coupe, convertible and El Camino got the SS treatment for 1971, just as the year before--and that irks me, but it looks the business with those 15" Kelsey Hayes steel sport "mags" and it may well pack some heat under the hood.

That color combination is also making me feel all tingly inside.
Its a 4 door. They didn't make 4 door SS cars.

The Polara is ticking all the boxes for me but the two Cats (one with 8-lugs, even) are certainly special...even if the '69 convertible at the top is looking a little sad.

Back