hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,007 comments
When one Buick Nailhead just won't cut it.
"What are you looking for, sir?"

"I want to die, but in the most awesome way possible. Do you have anything in stock?"

"We do sir, right this way..."

Silly British scrap rodding:

1969-Dodge-Charger-Convertible.jpg
1969-Dodge-Charger-Convertible-1.jpg
1969-Dodge-Charger-Convertible-2.jpg
1969-Dodge-Charger-Convertible-3.jpg
1969-Dodge-Charger-Convertible-4.jpg
1969-Dodge-Charger-Convertible-5.jpg

This Mirada is so doing it for me right now. I want more.

miradaatwork.jpg

Outwardly, it's just tires and possibly rear suspension. Plus that spoiler. I like to think there's a something special under the hood, like a 408 stroker, but I just don't know. The only thing I'd do different is a simple hood scoop that matches the spoiler.

@TexRex, I can see that it's pink. I can see from the headlight that it appears to be a Fox body Mustang. But I'm still trying to process everything in the middle of the picture. If it's what I think it is...damn. Just DAMN!!

Ok, I just saw some chrome moly tubes running in the engine compartment, so it looks like a dedicated drag car. Whew! I was afraid it was a full time street car that went to the strip occasionally. :lol:

Last edited:
@TexRex, I can see that it's pink. I can see from the headlight that it appears to be a Fox body Mustang. But I'm still trying to process everything in the middle of the picture. If it's what I think it is...damn. Just DAMN!!
Correct platform but wrong model. It's a Thunderchicken.

lMsNqwj-cMziMmfE7bFsRvVi9pOYCQ6BhxnyexxRCAA.jpg

Oh, a late-model bellybutton Boss 302 rather than the small block with canted valve heads designed for Trans Am racing. That's disappointing.

Still impressive to squeeze all 4 cams in between the strut towers. But the engine in the Caprice looks about as sexy as the Caprice. Couldn't even be bothered to dress up the truck engine.

Still impressive to squeeze all 4 cams in between the strut towers.
I've seen a couple Coyote-swapped Fox Mustangs and the motors fit without beating up the towers. Still, I don't think I'd want to install headers.

If I was building a hot Fox car, I think I'd stick with a traditional small block--possibly a 428 stroker using an aftermarket big bore block. Clevor heads would be cool (because the early Boss 302 isn't actually realistic--those motors are getting to be rare as hens' teeth).

Last edited:
I've seen a couple Coyote-swapped Fox Mustangs and the motors fit without beating up the towers. Still, I don't think I'd want to install headers.

If I was building a hot Fox car, I think I'd stick with a traditional small block--possibly a 428 stroker using an aftermarket big bore block. Clevor heads would be cool (because the early Boss 302 isn't actually realistic--those motors are getting to be rare as hens' teeth).
This might be one of the reasons why I have not been a big Ford fan. The engine compartments of the most popular models were tight. The big cars (Galaxie, Torino, etc.) had the room, but weren't sexy to look at. With the new Godzilla 7.3 engine, Ford may have changed the narrative. I think Godzilla will make engine swaps easier, faster, & will be the Ford LS. It has so much potential, it makes my head swim with possibilities.

This might be one of the reasons why I have not been a big Ford fan. The engine compartments of the most popular models were tight. The big cars (Galaxie, Torino, etc.) had the room, but weren't sexy to look at. With the new Godzilla 7.3 engine, Ford may have changed the narrative. I think Godzilla will make engine swaps easier, faster, & will be the Ford LS. It has so much potential, it makes my head swim with possibilities.
I don't know what people would want to fit that into that wouldn't still require a lot of the same work that a Coyote would require. Maverick? I'd wager the 7.3 is a fair bit larger than a Cleveland, which isprobably the practical limit for the compact Ford--maybe the tall deck 351M/400.

I definitely don't see the 7.3 coming even close to being Ford's LS/LT. The LS/LT architecture has been used for so long and in so many configurations (not merely FR, but also transverse FF and longitudinal MR) that donors are plentiful regardless of swap candidate.

The 7.3 may be appealing as a Coyote alternative for Ford-into-Ford builds, but it'll be crate-only until dead Super Duties start piling up. It offers the simplicity and comparatively compact advantage of cam-in-block, but it probably shares nothing with the 385-series motor that's been defunct in Ford's product range for more than 20 years.

Gosh, that looks familiar.
:P

Seems the blower is bigger than I originally thought. I assumed the car had a small block because of how low the motor sits in the chassis, but those look like BBC valve covers (maybe) and that Littlefield could easily be a 10-71.

It's also curious that I posted an Apollo when I remarked on the 'bu, because that's not something I'd consider a muscle car and it appears to be mostly stock.

sc0514-183800_1@2x.jpg

sc0514-183800_3@2x.jpg

sc0514-183800_2@2x.jpg

sc0514-183800_4@2x.jpg

sc0514-183800_5@2x.jpg

sc0514-183800_6@2x.jpg

Gosh, that looks familiar.

:P

Seems the blower is bigger than I originally thought. I assumed the car had a small block because of how low the motor sits in the chassis, but those look like BBC valve covers (maybe) and that Littlefield could easily be a 10-71.

It's also curious that I posted an Apollo when I remarked on the 'bu, because that's not something I'd consider a muscle car and it appears to be mostly stock.

sc0514-183800_1@2x.jpg

sc0514-183800_3@2x.jpg

sc0514-183800_2@2x.jpg

sc0514-183800_4@2x.jpg

sc0514-183800_5@2x.jpg

sc0514-183800_6@2x.jpg
Lol that is the same car, a lot of cruisers are repeats.

Lol that is the same car, a lot of cruisers are repeats.
I was able to glean more information from it the second time around. I certainly hope that didn't come off as me criticizing the repeat, because that wasn't the intent at all. I got a laugh from it.

It probably wouldn't have registered if not for that big huffer and my having commented on it previously.

Back