Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9,231 comments
  • 1,370,843 views
anybody here open up a plastic chassis car with a soldering iron? next time i do it i'll take some pictures.
 
I'll be interested to see that Porsche when it's painted.
 
anybody here open up a plastic chassis car with a soldering iron? next time i do it i'll take some pictures.

You're welcome to do it, but that's a wasted iron tip.

You can do the same job with a drill in less than a second... or even a hobby knife.
 
You're welcome to do it, but that's a wasted iron tip.

You can do the same job with a drill in less than a second... or even a hobby knife.

you will be surprised. its not how your thinking.
 
That thing is looking absolutely insane, At1. A proper representation of a RWB-style Porsche, indeed. And inspiring! I want to try and make my own absurdly wide bodykit now (:
 
Cheers! bud. 👍 Glad you're feeling inspired.
You must fulfill your inner wide bodykit desires. :D
 
You must fulfill your inner wide bodykit desires. :D

Yes, in one of these:

2001_026.jpg
 
Yes sir, that GTX is screaming for some wide-body treatment, can't wait to see the end result.
 
Just won 100 Hotwheels/Matchbox cars/trucks for $13.64. I've got much customizing ahead of me. Already have hundreds of HW/MB cars now, as it is, that I plan to customize.
 
Just got through doing a sucessful spoiler delete on that Fast and Furious Supra and got the 10 spoke wheels I wanted on it as well. Now all thats left to do is strip it, premier it, paint it and finish designing the decals.

Heres a useful tip for anybody trying to cut off spoilers on vehicles. Cut from the top of the spoiler and not the bottom or else you cut part of the body! :sick: Learned that the hard way the first time I tried to cut off the spoiler off the Supra. :ouch:
 
http://lamleydlm.blogspot.ca/2013/06/as-is-custom-my-faves-for-weeks-ending.html?showComment=1372035441047#c3323812610797285973

This week's customs on Lamley. Of the handful I like, this one is my favourite:

IMG_5045_zps21b15e1d.jpg


The Pro Stock setup looks killer. Wished people learned to take better pictures.


What's yours?
 
The Pro Stock setup looks killer. Wished people learned to take better pictures.
What's yours?[/color]

Pro Stock? On those tires? With no hoodscoop? Suuure. You really REALLY need your automotive disciplines straightened out, dude :dopey:

As for my favorite, the blue Camaro and the GTOs with Matchbox wheels. The Majorette Toyota also looks pretty good.
 
I quite like the extended wheelbase Splitty, and the blue Mustang. Those are my 2 favourites, i think.
 
Pro Stock? On those tires? With no hoodscoop? Suuure. You really REALLY need your automotive disciplines straightened out, dude :dopey:

It presents a similar appearance with the raked suspensions and all.
 
It's just lowered man, come on :lol: also, let's not forget the wide body, spoilers and all that. It's not called Road Race Camaro just because :crazy:
 
OPENING A PLASTIC CHASSIS HOTWHEELS

This tutorial is not so you can take advantage of other people.
This tutorial is so other people don't take advantage of you.





















 
Why not a drill? Takes literally less than five seconds.
 
That reminds me, need to cut down some screws to replace the crappy ones holding my Camaro together.
 
Ah that's neat! I misread your last post - I must apologize.

I was thinking of making some deliberate errors just for the fun of it.
 
AOS-
Ah that's neat! I misread your last post - I must apologize.

I was thinking of making some deliberate errors just for the fun of it.

Don't see the point.
 
For laughs - for fun, Stiffy.
 
Back