Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9,231 comments
  • 1,371,043 views
Looking forward to that Chaparral Camaro Cano. 👍

I managed to lay down a sneaky coat of primer to the Z earlier (before the weather turned to crap :grumpy:), and i'm fairly happy with it (no pics ATM, no camera), it's a good job painting requires primer though, as there's 2 things that need fixing and re-priming (hairline cracks on the bonnet shutlines where i messed up with the headlight cowls). Another thing that dawned on me, was that i shouldn't have used grey primer really, as i intend on painting it red.. i'm fearing dark edges showing through, i guess it's the same if you use a white primer for dark colours (the edges turn out light and crappy). Just can't wait until we get some decent weather over here, it's been forecast that were in for more freezing temperatures. :indiff:

*Acetone*
Just be careful with using too much. Rub too hard and the paint will in fact come off.
This^
Acetone can be quite aggressive if not used correctly.
 
Last edited:
You take off, hoser!

I contributed a lot to this thread, eh? :p
Someone who dislikes the Continental 64 does not have any rights. Now, please, remove yourself. :lol:
 
"Strange" is a strange way to put it. There are a handful of better looking boxy castings out there.

Anyway:

ToyotaPikesPeakTacoma_zps1a11bbf2.jpg
 
I guess that means I can keep that Tacoma I got for you...
 
I have one of those but the stock wheels are staying put.
 
Did you already have one when you asked and just wanted another?
 
To customize, yes. If you wanted to keep a Team HW Tacoma, that's fine by me. :)
 
To be honest i don't customize Hot Wheels unless i have one duplicate of it. I like to make sure i have at least one original version of it.;) However, restorations are a different story....
 
Oh okay, I'll send you it. ;)
 
It's amazing what a simple wheel swap can do, the white wheels were pure comedy... the new ones make it into a hill climbing beast. 👍

[EDIT]

Crappy phone pics: :yuck:


 
Last edited:
RUN!!!! Haunted Hot Wheel car!!!! or the camera had too much to drink. :lol:

I can't believe the wheel swap on the Tacoma. I had no idea that truck had such detail job on it already. 👍
 
It's time Dr Nessy got some help himself. :lol:
 
Fo' sho', I'm gonna have to add that to the list of wheel swaps(pending).

P.S. Wasn't that picture freaking out Jarrod or somebody? :lol:
 
:scared:

Edit: Incredible, how awesome the Tacoma looks after a simple wheel change. Great work. 👍
 
I thought we talked about this. You're NOT supposed to use a toaster for taking pictures man. :p
 
Cano
Ugh! tough call. Look, if it was any other car, not something as rare as a Double Header, I'd already have it stripped. But the thing is rare :crazy: I think I'd keep it as is and go get me a more common redline to restore...

Hmmm its not terribly rare. I have a few.

But dont tamper woth redlines! Goddamit I hate when people do that. Theyre classic and wonderful, even though its a rough one I wouldnt dare touch it.
 
Just because you have a few doesn't mean they're rare.
 
McZachenF1138
Just because you have a few doesn't mean they're rare.

Yes I know the two comments are un correlated.
 
Did you repaint the car, Jason? I cannot recall seeing this casting in silver.
 
Did you repaint the car, Jason? I cannot recall seeing this casting in silver.

In that silver anyway. I personally would've liked a darker shade of silver.. metallic gray specifically... no actually, Gun metal. :sly:

But the work is clean so props to you for that. Though I wished you did a little more. I always feel like you could go a little further than just detailing lamps and filling in grilles. It's superb, but it's like it's missing something.
 
The color is light, but considering the small scale of the car, I think it works. One of my favorite cars in this thread for sure. 👍
 
Are they still in stores? I want one.
 
Back