Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9,231 comments
  • 1,370,983 views

Looks awesome mate, can't wait to see the finished product:tup:

Don't know if you've seen FPR's finished cars, so here's a couple of pics:)
2013fpr2.jpg

2013fpr.jpg
 
body fabricating.

Next step for me personally too, and also get those damn wheel repros going.

Jason, I get what you are saying about the resolution of the decals. Try to gain access to at least a 600-dpi printer and you'll se way WAY better results. Even so, with your resources, the thing looks awesome so far. Keep on it.
 
Don't know if you've seen FPR's finished cars, so here's a couple of pics:)
I'm all over the V8 thread, seen plenty of them. ;)

Jason, I get what you are saying about the resolution of the decals. Try to gain access to at least a 600-dpi printer and you'll se way WAY better results. Even so, with your resources, the thing looks awesome so far. Keep on it.

Well see the thing is, when I test print on straight paper they look awesome. When I printed them on the decal sheets, they look like crap. I'm not sure if that's due to the age of the paper, the quality of the paper, or something else.

Basically finished with the decals. I lost one somehow and don't plan on clearing the car until the weekend so hopefully I can find it. In the mean time I have to do the rear lights, front corner markers and some other minor details like lower the rear axle.

(Oh, and I snapped this in the high sensitivity mode...won't be doing it again)
DSCN5475_zpsd3932568.jpg
 
That looks pretty good. I like the grille shell.

As for the paper... does it have any texture? The texture of the paper can affect the printing process a lot, from color to quality. Been there -_-
 
Kind of. That's a bit what it looks like, the ink got the high spots but not the low spots. I really think it's just the paper, so I'll try to get something a bit higher quality next time.
 
I'm all over the V8 thread, seen plenty of them. ;)

Yeah its getting close now:D

Not sure what postage would be to OZ, but would you be willing to build one up, let me know a cost and post it over, I think it looks great:tup:
 
Wow, that came out really nice Jason. Great work. 👍
 
Yeah its getting close now:D

Not sure what postage would be to OZ, but would you be willing to build one up, let me know a cost and post it over, I think it looks great:tup:

Maybe. It's quite a bit of work. :crazy:
 
Maybe. It's quite a bit of work. :crazy:

No worries mate, I can only imagine how much works involved but if you decide to, just let me know, I'd be very interested:tup:
 
Nice work with the Eco Falcon Jason. It's looking great, especially with the grill and the headlights. 👍
 
Kind of. That's a bit what it looks like, the ink got the high spots but not the low spots. I really think it's just the paper, so I'll try to get something a bit higher quality next time.

I'd also try to get them printed in a laser printer; when I printed the Chaparral decals each color print was like a dollar, and they came out pretty good and had an awesome resolution, handled my 600dpi graphics without problem.
 
Great work, Jason. Get front page on Lamley's!
 
Dscf6467_zps9b313a4f.jpg

Cano we are waiting for your pics!! 👎

Really diggin the gloss over matte/flat touches AHMED. 👍

And Cano, we are still waiting. Show pics of the Camaro already! :lol:

AOS, that E-Type turned out sweet. 👍
 
Post now or I'm filing a Ludicrous Claim. :lol:
 
Promise I'll post it today.

You promised to update your photography thread too and that was a while ago...
:grumpy:
 
hahaha come on people I've got a lot of work. Also the photography thread got an update like 4 months ago lol

I'd post it now but I don't have the pics with me; I'll finish the Photoshop process when I get home.
 
If by 4 you mean 10 months then yes.
I told you that you need to update it 4 months ago however and that does not count as an update. :sly:
 
Holy crap he's right, ten months :crazy:

OK OK, I'll post something soon there too, but I don't think I have anymore random photography to share, so it'll be cars and moar cars.
 
Kind of. That's a bit what it looks like, the ink got the high spots but not the low spots. I really think it's just the paper, so I'll try to get something a bit higher quality next time.
I get what you are saying about the way ink is applying to the decal, but honestly, I didn't think it was going to come out this cleanly. Well done man! 👍
 
Wait until I get my decal on. :D
 
No, only did the front corner lights since the last pic. Just had the camera out for the 2000GT so I snapped one from a better angle. Finished pics on Sunday night...

Edit: And I just now did the silver on the hood pins. One step at a time. :p
 
Was it ever explained how you detailed the grilles there? Any chance we can get some High Definition shots up in that face? :p
 
It's just a decal. measured and cut to the right size. 👍 I grabbed it from the livery graphics that I used to make most of the decals and for placement purposes.

fpr_falcon_car_of_the_future_v8_supercar_ecoboost_02-0822-m:610x450.jpg
 
It's coming along quite nicely, man. Keep on it!!
 
So you going to print decals to make your spokes black too?
 
Back