Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9,226 comments
Why don't you make your own? What's your reason for suddenly wanting to commission someone? What's your goal?

What makes you think we'll want to work for you? Why should we work for you?

These are only a few of the questions I have for someone who literally joined a forum just to ask people to do work for them. No background information? No icebreaker? Just... walk in, and ask people at random for favours?

Some of these look very nice. All I have is my original Redlines that I purchased when I was young. Most of them still look like new and I wouldn't want to change any of them. There are some Matchbox cars that were a little more worn that could use some restoration to get them back to original like condition. I have a 1:18th scale C6 Corvette I have taken apart to repaint in White to match my Avatar.

Why don't you make your own? What's your reason for suddenly wanting to commission someone? What's your goal?

What makes you think we'll want to work for you? Why should we work for you?

These are only a few of the questions I have for someone who literally joined a forum just to ask people to do work for them. No background information? No icebreaker? Just... walk in, and ask people at random for favours?
bro. you don't have to. what if i don't have the time. What if I dont have the tools. I find it quite rude that you interrogate me

bro. you don't have to. what if i don't have the time. What if I dont have the tools.

See I think it would've been worth giving a friendly introduction of yourself so we have a better understanding of your goals. Don't you think?

If a new stranger comes up to your door and randomly asks for a favour you don't understand the reason for, wouldn't you want to be asking some questions first?

Just something I would've considered when showing up. I wouldn't have "interrogated " you the way I did had such consideration be shown. I hope you see what I'm trying to say.

See I think it would've been worth giving a friendly introduction of yourself so we have a better understanding of your goals. Don't you think?

If a new stranger comes up to your door and randomly asks for a favour you don't understand the reason for, wouldn't you want to be asking some questions first?
Ok. Hi. I am a hot wheel lover. I loved it since I was a kid. Then i started to see customs pop up here and there and loved them. I did always want to try it, but living n NYC and having an apt, You cant airbrush. If you did, you would have to pay a serious fine. So i turned to other people who have been doing this for a while. I would very much appreciate it if someone here could make a custom for me.

Ok. Hi. I am a hot wheel lover. I loved it since I was a kid. Then i started to see customs pop up here and there and loved them. I did always want to try it, but living n NYC and having an apt, You cant airbrush. If you did, you would have to pay a serious fine. So i turned to other people who have been doing this for a while. I would very much appreciate it if someone here could make a custom for me.
Hi man, and welcome to the thread.

I myself am not in a position to help you out, but for those that are, is there any specifics about your request? What car, style etc etc?

Hi man, and welcome to the thread.

I myself am not in a position to help you out, but for those that are, is there any specifics about your request? What car, style etc etc?
well i an send the car. I am thinking a type of skyline with a wing with a red base and black for the hood and wing. and racing tampos

no ill pay u guys
i looked on insta and they all are like NO

Try Uniquekre8tionz on IG, he does commission work but I don't think he's cheap

There are a bunch of people on IG that will happily do a custom for you,just ask people that say they do commissions on their bio instead of asking random people to make one for you

Try Uniquekre8tionz on IG, he does commission work but I don't think he's cheap

There are a bunch of people on IG that will happily do a custom for you,just ask people that say they do commissions on their bio instead of asking random people to make one for you
I reached out to him. he said he was very busy an didnt have time. Thanks though for the help.

Not my creation, but..

13417466_10154303459617112_4902118225244645815_n.jpg

hw_latroca_2005.jpg

I really like it, just bought it at our annual diecast car festival in Croatia.
I am planning to paint it Teal and possibly chrome the red plastic.
And also try to detail the truck bed to have wooden planks.

I like your style speedracer. I did the same thing.
FB_IMG_1465659916711.jpg FB_IMG_1465659922398.jpg FB_IMG_1465659942209.jpg FB_IMG_1465659937962.jpg FB_IMG_1465660147308.jpg FB_IMG_1465660163551.jpg FB_IMG_1465659955749.jpg FB_IMG_1464647491766.jpg FB_IMG_1465660130759.jpg FB_IMG_1464647361760.jpg FB_IMG_1464647345161.jpg FB_IMG_1464647369927.jpg sorry for the amount of pics at once. The last one is my first mad max style. It was alot of fun.. Ive got alot to take pictures of but ive re-injured a disc in my back so I havnt been too comfortable doing anything the past week or so.. enjoy

Last edited:
Been a while since I posted here. Well, I got a new Dremel recently from Lowe's to replace my dads old one he got before I was even born.

image.jpeg
Even better, I got this whole bucket of beat up cars from someone to try it out on! Most of them don't even roll and have some severely chipped paint, this will be fun. :D
image.jpeg

In hyper-trash mode for Custom Diecast México's custom contest this next saturday. Missing in that pic are a Hemi 'Cuda and a Fox-body Mustang. Oh, and the Pontiac Solstice was a color test for the Nova, but came out so good I'm keeping it.
13578682_270044340025971_2118229664_n.jpg

From the bucket of beat ups, I decided to start with this Dodge Ram 1500.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
It's beat all to heck and doesn't even roll, but I hope to change that. Not sure I have ever seen off road wheels on a Dodge Ram like this before, I may do that for this one.
It indeed is man, refer to previous page to see what it looked like.
That casting is quite a piece that you don't see every day, but a custom of it? Now that's a once in a lifetime experience. Can't wait to see it!

You know what would bring that bottom pic to life @AOS- ? A tiny bit of blu-tac or something underneath the car, to give it a slight bit of air. Though obviously not too much that it shows what's propping it up.

You know what would bring that bottom pic to life @AOS- ? A tiny bit of blu-tac or something underneath the car, to give it a slight bit of air. Though obviously not too much that it shows what's propping it up.

Yeah and then I'll need to add cotton balls and go ham with that thing we call Motion Blur.

I may go to that level once I get that Rally series off the ground. It's been years on a backburner with over 13 cars ready and waiting to be painted.

Back