How accurate is Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 in GT6?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnyGT
  • 56 comments
  • 7,998 views
Messages
136
Slovakia
Leopoldov
Messages
JohnyGT_91
As title of thread is saying : How accurate it is? Not in terms of modeling or sound but handling and driving. I'm curious to know this because it's my favorite car but I can't drive it properly on track. I'm trying to apply throttle as much as it is needed for clean pass of any turn but that thing wants to kill me :nervous: In official specs 2013 model is having 5.8 liter 662HP V8 but in game i think it have 671 HP. It's not much but it is diffrence. I was looking at some threads on GTP and some of users claim that GT 500 really undrivable in GT6 so I wanted to know if anyone here know how accurate it is compared to the real deal. Maybe someone who works on them or just own one.
 
Having driven one on the track it does want to kill you. I think the above reply hit the nail on the head. It is a shame you dont get the noise in the game :(

edit, if you play with a DS3 dont expect any car to feel right lol
 
I've ring lapped Huayras. This thing just won't let me.
 
Having driven one on the track it does want to kill you. I think the above reply hit the nail on the head. It is a shame you dont get the noise in the game :(

edit, if you play with a DS3 dont expect any car to feel right lol

Well that might be cause of the problem because as you said I am playing with DS3 :lol: How much it is better handling this beast on wheel compared to DS3?
 
Well that might be cause of the problem because as you said I am playing with DS3 :lol: How much it is better handling this beast on wheel compared to DS3?
You get better throttle control and feedback from the machine, putting you more in control.
 
You get better throttle control and feedback from the machine, putting you more in control.

Well thank you both for your response. I really appreciate that. Enough said I just need to buy some wheel to get this beast under control :D
 
While the Boss 302 wants to be your friend.

The GT500 is like the ALASKAN BULL WORM! It will eat you up. Not to mention that it looks good in pink.
ALASKAN BULL WORM HAHAHAHAHHAHA

The GT500 has way too much power for its own good. If it dropped some weight....lost some power.....like telling a girl to lose weight. It'll just turn into its sister Boss 302:).
 
It drives as you would expect. Heavy and oversteery. It behaves well for a Mustang though. The Boss however, that mus be the best track Mustang ever made.
 
the ford mustang shelby gt500 is a beast when you have fully upgraded it, i found it fun to drive around the track but when it comes to racing it is hard to handle because of the power but the 2013 ford mustang 302 is an awesome car to race it handles every well around the track, unlike the other mustangs
 
To me the issue isn't so much the power but the very nose-heavy weight bias. The result is understeer off throttle and snap oversteer on thottle. There's no real in-between point where the car feels happy and neutral. Like others have said, the Boss 302 is the real track car of the two.
 
Even if you were to add ballast to equal out the weight balance to that of the Boss 302, the simple fact is that the GT500 doesn't grip nearly as much as the Boss. Certain cars in this game have higher grip tolerances than others, not entirely based on weight distribution of the car itself, but programmed into each car individually.

As a drag tuner, most of my time is spent analyzing cars' grip at full throttle. Also, because I use a DS3, it's harder to control throttle input like a wheel. Over time doing this on GT5 and GT6, I have noticed certain cars have substantially higher grip than others - even with identical weight, weight distribution, horsepower, and downforce. This is not just grip tolerance from full throttle on a dead stop, but also grip through-out a corner, grip during braking, etc.

For improved grip on nose-heavy high-horsepower RWD cars, I suggest adding ballast at full rear to get the car to 50:50 or as close as you can without maxing out the weight. You can use weight reduction in collaboration with this to get some cars close to it without making it too heavy to be competitive. If the car is already at 50:50 and still having problems, try adding between 30-50kg over the rear for extra traction. Next, if available, use flat floors to improve grip on corners and reduce low exit-speed wheelspin on throttle. This will slightly hurt the top-end of your car, so be advised it may reduce your straightaway acceleration. Lastly, increase the rear ride height of the car and stiffen rear spring rates, while slightly lowering the front ride height. These are all common methods used to help make the rear of the car bite into the track. If it's still giving you problems, even though it will make you slower, you may have to reduce horsepower with the limiter or take off upgrades.
 
Well that might be cause of the problem because as you said I am playing with DS3 :lol: How much it is better handling this beast on wheel compared to DS3?

There is no way in the world you can get a "feeling" of a vehicle with not feedback through the controls.
Buy yourself a wheel (even a driving forceGT is a good starting point) and enter a newworld of racing.

remember GT6 is a "driving sim" how many cars do you control with buttons and not a steeringwheel and pedals
 
Buy yourself a wheel and enter a newworld of racing.

Most epic sentence ever :D I think I will look for some wheel in near future but now I don't have any spare money for it. I played on DFGT and it was very good but one day I stumbled on rig with G27 and it was amazing. Best 10 minutes in my history of playing Gran Turismo :bowdown:. I also like that it has a shifter compared to DFGT and I love shifting on road cars with manual so maybe I will look for some G27 first.
 
That car is insane, but i love to drive it. And it looks so good! :drool:
 
It Understeers terribly. Over Steers terribly. Brakes are made out of cheese. Seems accurate to me. btw test this on Sport Hards.
Kiiten's right you know, that makes it fun alittle.
 
It Understeers terribly. Over Steers terribly. Brakes are made out of cheese. Seems accurate to me. btw test this on Sport Hards.

But my God. The bang for the buck.

Bought it the first day I played GT6... it was like. HOLY COW, 660+HP for this little ammount of credits? :D
 
Even if you were to add ballast to equal out the weight balance to that of the Boss 302, the simple fact is that the GT500 doesn't grip nearly as much as the Boss. Certain cars in this game have higher grip tolerances than others, not entirely based on weight distribution of the car itself, but programmed into each car individually.

As a drag tuner, most of my time is spent analyzing cars' grip at full throttle. Also, because I use a DS3, it's harder to control throttle input like a wheel. Over time doing this on GT5 and GT6, I have noticed certain cars have substantially higher grip than others - even with identical weight, weight distribution, horsepower, and downforce. This is not just grip tolerance from full throttle on a dead stop, but also grip through-out a corner, grip during braking, etc.

For improved grip on nose-heavy high-horsepower RWD cars, I suggest adding ballast at full rear to get the car to 50:50 or as close as you can without maxing out the weight. You can use weight reduction in collaboration with this to get some cars close to it without making it too heavy to be competitive. If the car is already at 50:50 and still having problems, try adding between 30-50kg over the rear for extra traction. Next, if available, use flat floors to improve grip on corners and reduce low exit-speed wheelspin on throttle. This will slightly hurt the top-end of your car, so be advised it may reduce your straightaway acceleration. Lastly, increase the rear ride height of the car and stiffen rear spring rates, while slightly lowering the front ride height. These are all common methods used to help make the rear of the car bite into the track. If it's still giving you problems, even though it will make you slower, you may have to reduce horsepower with the limiter or take off upgrades.

That's because the Boss was designed to be a track car.
 
ALASKAN BULL WORM HAHAHAHAHHAHA

The GT500 has way too much power for its own good. If it dropped some weight....lost some power.....like telling a girl to lose weight. It'll just turn into its sister Boss 302:).
GT500 and Boss 302? Oh, you mean Camaro Breakfast.:cool::mischievous:
 
That's because the Boss was designed to be a track car.


Regardless of the car in question, some cars in general grip more than others. If you were to get 20 cars from the game together on the track with identical horsepower, drivetrain, weight, and weight distribution: roughly 10 of them would have similar grip, 5 would have horrible grip causing fishtailing, and the remaining few have excellent grip. When you do this over and over again, you realize which cars are programmed with more grip.
 
It Understeers terribly. Over Steers terribly. Brakes are made out of cheese. Seems accurate to me. btw test this on Sport Hards.
I remember hearing Matt Farah saying that the brakes in the GT500 are utterly terrible. And that the car likes to oversteer even while on traction control. Seems accurate indeed.
 
Most epic sentence ever :D I think I will look for some wheel in near future but now I don't have any spare money for it. I played on DFGT and it was very good but one day I stumbled on rig with G27 and it was amazing. Best 10 minutes in my history of playing Gran Turismo :bowdown:. I also like that it has a shifter compared to DFGT and I love shifting on road cars with manual so maybe I will look for some G27 first.

A DFGT is much better for manual shifting than a DS3 ;)
I paid 140 bucks for my wheel (DFGT) and ikea chair rig. (wheel new, chair second hand and 15 bucks of tubing to make rig)
 
As an owner of one, I can say any game that features the '13 model gets the "over powering" aspect of the car right. IRL, the car will try and burnout in third gear at full throttle, even with traction control on. Brakes are adequate for the car, though I believe braking distances are not outstanding for the class of car it is in. I would say understeer is what I feel from the car, and I believe certain magazines have reported the same (Of course, if you mash the gas in a corner you will get massive oversteer).
 
Regardless of the car in question, some cars in general grip more than others.

Some cars in general are faster than others, too. But, some are slower.

I have a sneaky suspicion that this may have to do with either a) suspension modeling or b) a grip factor approximation to simulate various suspension types.
 
I have a sneaky suspicion that this may have to do with either a) suspension modeling or b) a grip factor approximation to simulate various suspension types.
Considering most cars share approximately the same grip they had in GT5, I'd lean more toward the second. Some have, however, lost a considerable bit - mainly classic muscle. That may be because of new suspension modeling, so it could be a factor in new grip figures.
 
Back