How accurate is Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 in GT6?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnyGT
  • 56 comments
  • 7,999 views
If any of you guys are interested. We're hosting an endurance race thursday night 8:00 PM EST.
PSN tarkus1 is running a 40 lap endurance around Apricot Hill.
Check in the GT6 clubs section for... thursday night spinning arrows club...

post 2 has all the race details. I'm hosting a practice session tonight at 7:00 PM EST.

1.25.xxx is a good time. We ran the GT 500s at Mt Panorama two weeks ago. 11 Shelbys fighting it out.

Final word. read the post throughly and give it a try. You might be surprised at what the Shelby can do or how good your drivers skills are.

Practice and race sessions are by Friends only. Right now we have 13 confirmed entries.
 
I've driven a 2012 GT500 (On Public roads, not a track) and it did have a tendency to peel out. It's not the horsepower, but the torque of the damn thing that has you fishtailin' ever time you flex your right foot. Only complaint I have, and it's not just limited to the GT500, is that the car understeers a bit too much.
 
Apricot Hill has two long straights. Use them to your advantage. Every car has to slow down sooner or later.
The challenge is yours. Will you accept it?
 
Apricot Hill has two long straights. Use them to your advantage. Every car has to slow down sooner or later.
The challenge is yours. Will you accept it?
There is a place here on the planet for online racing...this ain't it.
 
We could use a COPO or Super Cobra Jet on the game, although I highly doubt it would happen. I doubt Kaz even knows about Yenko Chevrolet.
 
We could use a COPO or Super Cobra Jet on the game, although I highly doubt it would happen. I doubt Kaz even knows about Yenko Chevrolet.
Yeah, or Nickey or Baldwin-Motion. Some of these cars still smoke newer cars today at the drag strip. I promise you that. Kaz needs to learn his Chevrolet, Ford, Dodge, Pontiac, Plymouth, and Oldsmobile. We don't need more imports to add to the list of hundreds of other imports in the game. We need some badass Big Block Classic Muscle in GT6. It just isn't an A+++ game without it.
 
After reading this thread I had to put GT6 disc back to ps3, buy that mustang.
Stage 3 weight reduce, custom suspension& gearbox and LSD, car was ready to fly around, but not so bad as people speaking here, actually I really like it, hardest part of driving that is to remember how quick acceleration is, to get overspeed killed before entering turn.

Sports hard all aids off, ABS 0 and that was great car.
 
I plan on using my 25th Anniverisy edition as a troll car,letting my friends drive the 1000hp beast while I drive a Suzuki Cappachio.
 
That was the first car I bought (by choice) and it is still my primary 1st place maker. Fully upgraded, you can still score wins in international ib. I'm going to try it with International ia once I get the license too.
 
It's a good car to drive with Comfort Softs, extremely involving to g the best out of it.
 
After reading this thread I had to put GT6 disc back to ps3, buy that mustang.
Stage 3 weight reduce, custom suspension& gearbox and LSD, car was ready to fly around, but not so bad as people speaking here, actually I really like it, hardest part of driving that is to remember how quick acceleration is, to get overspeed killed before entering turn.

Sports hard all aids off, ABS 0 and that was great car.

Thing is we are discussing a stock GT 500 and no tuned. As you see in my first post I was asking feedback on this car from real users or owners to compare it to one in game.
 
@JohnyGT, got fly away with that tuned one, tested it first on stock, slow motion version of that lighter tune, really enjoyable as is..
 
A bit off topic, but Ford has just introduced independent rear suspension to the 'Stang...... Should be interesting to throw the perormance Specs around some corners. O often wonder now how the GT500 would behave with it.
 
It's pretty much all said. A summary here (and my own experience with it in the game).

A big heavy car with a heavy nose and low grip rear end. So it inevitably understeer when turn-in, and oversteer when you put too much gas exiting. OTOH, it's very fast in the straight, so you're actually faster than you expect when you approach a corner.

What to do? Slow it down earlier when still in the straight. Find a proper speed for turn-in. Trail braking is not totally prohibited but use it conservatively if you really need it. Gentle on throttle in and out of the corners. Step it into the floor only when you have enough grip.

Ah, those are just common practices to drive a car on race track, right? This car is just big and heavy, and happens to go faster than you expect. So it just needs some more respect. Knowing that, you'd be fine getting along with it.

When tuned up near 1000ps, it'd need more respect, as you can expect. ;)

ps. I like this car. And I don't think it'd fall behind Boss 302 that much.
 
Few laps more, Bathurst (6 Laos) goes 2.20.low and Nordschleife (2 laps) goes 7.33.low, both are on online stock car sports hard real grip etc. no any aids or ABS.

Great car, goes like rocket but torque must kill before entering corner and also when speeding out from there :)
 
I'm sorry guys, I just had to post this.
:lol:
I'd like to make the point that my replica of a 2014 Camaro Z/28 (made out of a Camaro SS '10) will dominate the Shelby Mustang and Boss 302. Has the same transmission, torque, horsepower, weight, rear gear, and weight distribution as the real Z/28. Completed and Golded the American car races in the International B series on the first try with this car. The Z's horsepower (and probably torque too) is even 100ish under the Shelby's. I know the AI ain't really no match for a human, but it's the closest thing we have to testing cars vs cars in single player.

Don't even get me started on my 2014-15 Stingray Z06 replica.

I just had to, guys.:lol:
 
Last edited:
Nordschleife (2 laps) goes 7.33.low, both are on online stock car sports hard real grip etc. no any aids or ABS.

dat time :eek: :bowdown: impossible for me lol best I have on Nordschleife with GT500 is around 7:50 or sometimes lower but not good as yours :D I have no aids just ABS on 1, Sports Hard too
 
As title of thread is saying : How accurate it is? Not in terms of modeling or sound but handling and driving. I'm curious to know this because it's my favorite car but I can't drive it properly on track. I'm trying to apply throttle as much as it is needed for clean pass of any turn but that thing wants to kill me :nervous: In official specs 2013 model is having 5.8 liter 662HP V8 but in game i think it have 671 HP. It's not much but it is diffrence. I was looking at some threads on GTP and some of users claim that GT 500 really undrivable in GT6 so I wanted to know if anyone here know how accurate it is compared to the real deal. Maybe someone who works on them or just own one.


not very. the weight is off, the suspension is 100% wrong, the LSD makes the car more tail happy than it really is [and its fairly tail happy anyways], and the trans gearing is wrong, [final drive is correct] it's from the 2011-2012 cars.

you cant even set the oem spring rate in game. set both to minimum to get close, set shocks to 3/2 front and rear, sway bar 2f/1r. add 13kg and keep weight distribution the same. look up "gt500 tr-6060 gear ratios" and use those. set toe to -.05 front [max oem allowable] and +.10 rear [max allowable iirc]. lsd, use 12/12/5. no rwd car on earth is set up from the factory to allow the outside rear tire to break loose first. GT really screws the pooch in this regard.

this will get you about as close as you can get to a real gt500. its still going to understeer slightly but you can easily counter it with throttle. makes the car fairly easy to drive.

the gt500 is no ferarri by any stretch but it is FAR more capable than many of you realize. the SRA out back is only an issue on extremely rough tracks and even then, only a real issue under breaking or trail breaking.

its pretty obvious than certain cars are heavily favored in GT...ESPECIALLY when you factor in the PP system and how broken it is on certain cars.
 
Few laps more, Bathurst (6 Laos) goes 2.20.low and Nordschleife (2 laps) goes 7.33.low, both are on online stock car sports hard real grip etc. no any aids or ABS.

Great car, goes like rocket but torque must kill before entering corner and also when speeding out from there :)

impressive. im not very close as im admittedly bad at both tracks. im about 3.5 secs off bathurst and nearly 10 secs off nord.

do you use DS3? i feel like im about at the limit of what i can do with a controller. unfortunately for me, most cars in game are faster than i am. lol
 
I cannot answer for the GT500, but I do own a 2013 Boss 302. PD did not even get close on the handling. Ford spent as much time on this car as they do with their road racing program. It is so perfectly balanced in real life. In GT6, the car understeers badly at speed. There is also little that can be done to correct the condition either. You have to rely on the ride height glitch (higher front/lower rear) to get some cornering ability. The car is a bit of a disappointment for me in the game, actually.

Now, I have never driven a GT500 in real life, but one of my co-workers does a number of events each year in cars for Ford. He did get the drive the 2013 Boss 302 and the 2013 GT500 during the same track event. He said that the Boss is something special for road racing handling. For a track day, he prefers the Boss, which is why I went with his recommendation to get it. He says that the GT500 is an awesome drag race or street stop light to stop light car, but it is not nearly as fun to drive on a road course.
 
Wouldn't rear toe be zero with a live axle?
Generally, yes. However, the factory allows for tolerance/slop in the alignment. Theres some adjustability to be had. Not much, but its there.
 
not very. the weight is off, the suspension is 100% wrong, the LSD makes the car more tail happy than it really is [and its fairly tail happy anyways], and the trans gearing is wrong, [final drive is correct] it's from the 2011-2012 cars.

you cant even set the oem spring rate in game. set both to minimum to get close, set shocks to 3/2 front and rear, sway bar 2f/1r. add 13kg and keep weight distribution the same. look up "gt500 tr-6060 gear ratios" and use those. set toe to -.05 front [max oem allowable] and +.10 rear [max allowable iirc]. lsd, use 12/12/5. no rwd car on earth is set up from the factory to allow the outside rear tire to break loose first. GT really screws the pooch in this regard.

this will get you about as close as you can get to a real gt500. its still going to understeer slightly but you can easily counter it with throttle. makes the car fairly easy to drive.

the gt500 is no ferarri by any stretch but it is FAR more capable than many of you realize. the SRA out back is only an issue on extremely rough tracks and even then, only a real issue under breaking or trail breaking.

its pretty obvious than certain cars are heavily favored in GT...ESPECIALLY when you factor in the PP system and how broken it is on certain cars.

Thank you for reply I will try to set it up like this and test it on track later.
 
Back