how aggressive are you?

Colinod
If I have a maxxed out griffith 500 on the roadster and spider course, i get really mad to find out that another one is beating me, so I "miss" my braking point and own him with a P.I.T. manuver so I make him tailspin into the sand, making him lose a good 7 seconds.

See that's just wrong. In real-life GT racing, light contact happens all the time but if you go ramming into other cars and stuff you'd be banned big time. I realize that GT3 is just a game but don't you have any shame? Any at all? What's wrong with 2nd place? Whenever I get a 2nd place it's usually due to a mistake that I made somewhere so it just makes me a better racer.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
See that's just wrong. In real-life GT racing, light contact happens all the time but if you go ramming into other cars and stuff you'd be banned big time. I realize that GT3 is just a game but don't you have any shame? Any at all? What's wrong with 2nd place? Whenever i get a 2nd place it's usually due to a mistake that i made somewhere so it just makes me a better racer.
Yeah, for me one that gave me the most satisfaction was taking my RUF 3400S to Cote for the last of the Pro Spider and Roadster Series, and finally getting that last race..and it required patience and skill, not bashing the hell out of the AI. having said that, and i think i've said it before..if i'm in races where the AI do obviously go out of their way to take me out, i will most definitely do unto them if the position is advantageous to me.

Just remember that the AI drivers have a life too. They're trying to save credits just like you are so they can keep food on the table at home, keep the family bills paid,

no but seriously. There's no reason to go pushing other cars into the sand and stuff. The Ai bumps us once in a while because it's trying to follow a pre-programmed cornering route (in effect, it is stupider than we are) but I've never seen them push me off course...whatever.

Last edited:
ive changed mine

now im a more perfect-line-aking-driver, but i still like to use opponents as brakes and walls

Parnelli Bone
Just remember that the AI drivers have a life too. They're trying to save credits just liek you are so they can keep food on the table at home, keep the family bills paid,

no but seriously. There's no reason to go pushing other cars into the sand and stuff. The Ai bumps us once in a while because it's trying to follow a pre-programmed cornering route (in effect, it is stupider than we are) but i've never seen them push me off course...whatever.

I have found at times that the bastards will just move from their normal racing line and try and take me out.I've copped heaps especially when racing the yank cars at any race at Seattle. Mind you, i had a bit of fun at Test Course in the GT All stars Pro race...i was in my 'outpowered' Polyphony 001 - the R390 in that series must be running a bloody stage 4 or something. Anyways, it was only drafting got me home in that race...so there we are , coming round the curve into the home straight at the end of lap 7, and i knew he was going to pit. So, i've dropped down the inside and turned him inside out, he ended up jammed into the pit entrance, took him about 20 secs to extricate himself and get back into the pit. :D
If i'm in a championship series, and a particular car is challenging me points wise - you know how usually one car in particular is usually coming second, i'll have a bit of fun by taking them out if i've lapped the field to allow others to take the 6 points. Depends if i'm in the frame of mind to race seriously or have a bit of fun.

Hey I'm just glad we don't live in the same town, otherwise we'd meet and be racing 2-player. Y'all sound like you race dirty. Please please Polyphony will you please put some damage in GT5? I'm begging!

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Hey i'm just glad we don't live in the same town, otherwise we'd meet and be racing 2-player. Y'all sound like you race dirty. Please please Polyphony will you pleae put some damage in gT5? I'm begging!

:lol: Yeah, to be honest i hope they do as well. In my V8 Supercars game there is damage..there's nothing like sitting up the top end of Conrod Straight at Bathurst in a V8, then flat out back down the straight into the pack. SHEER CARNAGE! "Your car has suffered terminal damage and must retire from the race". You can actually put your car on it's roof. hehe I do like the racing where there is damage, it really makes ya think about your driving lines and throttle control .

I ain't proud. I can be a real hack. Especially in rally cars. It's not like I have to fix 'em. I'm gonna win Tahiti by spinning the AI car if I have to.

Kamka-Z

im very dirty when it comes to driving, if ur in front of me, ill wait for u to brake and ram u into the sand or in a wall, sometimes it becomes suicidal i crash into the wall with them and they end upmore in front of me!

djskyline701
im very dirty when it comes to driving, if ur in front of me, ill wait for u to brake and ram u into the sand or in a wall, sometimes it becomes suicidal i crash into the wall with them and they end upmore in front of me!

Do everyone a favor and don't buy GT4 Online. :lol:

hmm im fairly aggressive but i consider 'aggressive' to be out-braking your oponents and maybe some creative cutting off on the straights. i try to avoid contact. except on the long test track races where i need to ram the other cars simply to keep myself from going insanely bored. and in alot of cars (besides f1 cars) i might bump draft. thats fun hahaha

Wolfe2x7
Do everyone a favor and don't buy GT4 Online. :lol:

Yeah, tell me about it...at what point of spinning a computer car do people say to themselves wow, that was just something Mario Andretti would do? NEVER! Andretti is a frickin respectful driver...and you can be too...all it takes is practice.

Last edited:
Korndawg
hmm im fairly aggressive but i consider 'aggressive' to be out-braking your oponents and maybe some creative cutting off on the straights. i try to avoid contact. except on the long test track races where i need to ram the other cars simply to keep myself from going insanely bored. and in alot of cars (besides f1 cars) i might bump draft. thats fun hahaha

That's why you rock. Bump drafting is okay, it happens in NASCAR. Anything that happens in real life is okay, basically.

djskyline701

I'd love to see this bloke in V8 Supercars 2 or something like that with damage. :D The option of "Your car is too damaged to continue". "Retire from race? Yes or No".

Parnelli Bone
That's why you rock. Bump drafting is okay, it happens in NASCAR. Anything that happens in real life is okay, basically.

I find in this game that whe I bump draft someone it seems to give the AI a boost and slow me down. I avoid it. I ve told myself "let's make this race a clean one". Then manage get in a wicked tangle somewhere. Maybe I should qualify for everything so I don't have to work my way through the field.

I raced Datsun 510s on the ice in a showroom stock endurance series in the mid 80s. Even though we were limited traction and sliding through the turns, rough driving was not well tolerated. I always prided myself when I brought the car back "clean".

I gotta admit, with nobody policing me, I drive Dirtier than "Dead Daddy Earnhardt" at times. I've read reviews of the PS2 game "Enthusia Pro Racing" that, the game does not reward rough driving and makes it dificult to progress the game. When I find it for less than 10 bucks, I think I'll try it.

I'm a Racer, Not a Gamer
KAMKA-Z

KAMKA-Z
I find in this game that whe I bump draft someone it seems to give the AI a boost and slow me down. I avoid it. I ve told myself "let's make this race a clean one". Then manage get in a wicked tangle somewhere. Maybe I should qualify for everything so I don't have to work my way through the field.
KAMKA-Z

I always cringe when I brake too late and wind up smacking someone in the butt. Or sometimes I'll try to draft and turn out too late...there goes my momentum! But during several laps around the Test Track, bump drafting is okay if you're extremely careful. I've seen the Ai cars form a train doing this. ¬

Last edited:
Normally I try racing with style-clean but quick, show offy.
But if they piss me off I go all demo-derby, Ive forsaken an enduro once when someone fishtailed me, i was in 1st place on 20somethingth lap and I did a 180 and started going backwards, ramming every AI headon. I lost the race, but restarted and won.

Back