how aggressive are you?

1995_eclipse
I try to race clean... without hitting the walls, not going off the track and not smashing into the AI and making them go off the track... i prefer to race propably... and when GT4 is released here i will race the same... :cheers:

Exactly my driving style, doing it as close as possible to the real thing.

There's no feeling like the one you get when you just nail a turn right, using the best line possible and without hitting the wall. The fast uphill chicane on Tokyo just pops into mind. :D

Takumi Fujiwara
One thing about the AI on a lot of tracks is a major problem. I used to try to have a car equal to the AI, and to win with better driving, but the AI are so erratic it's impossible to drive well in their midst. I've ended up just taking boosted up cars so I can leave them behind on the straights.

It's totally possible to win races without relying on boosted horsepower...I do it all the time. The thing is, in the corners there are some areas where the AI goofs up. Sometimes they make bad decisions and wind up braking too much....sometimes they smack a wall...or spin out. If you know where these areas are, you can plan ahead and get by the AI.

A good example is in the Amateur European Challenge. If the Lotus Elise shows up, you can bet it'll drive well, but for some reason it'll get sideways in turn #12 at the end of the back stretch. All you gotta do is keep up with the Lotus, then take that corner smooth without hitting it. It's not easy, but it's a good way to win fairly and get one hell of an adrenaline boost!

Last edited:
I use Mass-Assisted Braking/Mass-Assisted Turning (MABMAT). :sly: Then again, Amateur league races are a challenge of every one of my assets. I got no idea how you guys do it, but kudos to ya.

TBH, collisions and ramming make it more fun to me, for the same reason that I hate the fact that driving from an external view gives you such short-range vision of the road ahead: I play the game to watch cars go fast and interact. Wish I could see my car zooming down the road... but failing that, I'll make someone else's zoom down the track!! :)

Ai seems to have random "personality" but from what I've seen its like that in real life. In all racing perticularly in motogp and nascar where there isn't that much realestate on the track in the first place. It gets down to the last turn exit and the leader gets a "nascar nudge" he loses six places, 8 points and a little pride. The european touring class used to be really agressive like that when volvo ran its station wagon. But ultimately fight fire with speed. If they bump, u bump back then disapear.

Sctn2labor
I use Mass-Assisted Braking/Mass-Assisted Turning (MABMAT). :sly: Then again, Amateur league races are a challenge of every one of my assets. I got no idea how you guys do it, but kudos to ya.

TBH, collisions and ramming make it more fun to me, for the same reason that I hate the fact that driving from an external view gives you such short-range vision of the road ahead: I play the game to watch cars go fast and interact. Wish I could see my car zooming down the road... but failing that, I'll make someone else's zoom down the track!! :)

I guess I'm the opposite of you. I get annoyed if another car rams into me. It takes little skill to ram back, but lots of skill to race clean around these braindead idiots and still win.
:ouch:

Last edited:
i dont race cleanly (when i say cleanly i mean not using walls) unless im in an polyphony001 coz it is just so perfect to handle. then AI doesnt hit me much when im in other cars anyway, so i find no reason to ram them. and the only reason i use walls is because when ur winning by so much u wana do nething possible to finish quicker, i mean, u usually win anyway, why take longer?

Lets see... THE MOST FRIGGN ANNOYING TRACK THAT THE AIS GET AGRESSIVE IS FRIGGN THE Race of Red Emblem IN PRO MODE... especially the SS Route 11.... too much corners... and AIs consider you as a WALL T_T it's friggn sad because I went rampage and bumped them on the one corner after the first turns... LESSON IS WRECKLESSNESS LEADS TO A LOST!!!!!!!!!!

fyfee
and the only reason i use walls is because when ur winning by so much u wana do nething possible to finish quicker, i mean, u usually win anyway, why take longer?

So try challenging yourself. Keep your adrenaline flowing thruout the entire race! This is what real driving is all about. Use less power so your boring race comes to life. You may still be leading, but the 2nd place car will not be so far behind. I don't see much point in playing such a great game like Gt if you never challenge yourself...that's what Grand Theft Auto is for.

Parnelli Bone
So try challenging yourself. Keep your adrenaline flowing thruout the entire race! This is what real driving is all about. Use less power so your boring race comes to life. You may still be leading, but the 2nd place car will not be so far behind. I don't see much point in playing such a great game like Gt if you never challenge yourself...that's what Grand Theft Auto is for.

Grand Theft Auto... a real challenge GTA (3) is the freakin FBIs who use AKs on your A$$... but worst is the Military... wastes your health to Zip in less than 3-4 seconds with their M16s if you dont run... Challenge is to survive the attack and try to run away to safety... WITHOUT THE HEALTH CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hks_usa
Grand Theft Auto... a real challenge GTA (3) is the freakin FBIs who use AKs on your A$$... but worst is the Military... wastes your health to Zip in less than 3-4 seconds with their M16s if you dont run... Challenge is to survive the attack and try to run away to safety... WITHOUT THE HEALTH CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point is, I don't care if the cars in GTA get bashed up...it's kinda funny because they didn't cost me anything! In GT3 I care more. But whatevea.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
My point is, i don't care if the cars in GTA get bashed up...it's kinda funny cuz they didn't cost me anything! In GT3 i care more. But whatevea.
GTA-3 Your car gets wrecked fast... they improved that in San Andreas where on the othet hand you can order cars.... (I love Jesters(Supra) Cheetah(Lamborghini Murcielago) and uh the NSX... oh yea "Infernus").

hks_usa
GTA-3 Your car gets wrecked fast... they improved that in San Andreas where on the othet hand you can order cars.... (I love Jesters(Supra) Cheetah(Lamborghini Murcielago) and uh the NSX... oh yea "Infernus").

Ha ha, I was assuming the Cheetah in Vice City is a Delorean knock off. That's one of my faves, too. I also like the Chevy Biscayne (I think they call it an Admiral or Oceanic or something) and Countach. I really dig the car damage...see Polyphony should have been doing this, too.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Ha ha, i was assuming the Cheetah in Vice City is a Delorean knock off. That's one of my faves, too. I also like the Chevy Biscayne (i think they call it an Admiral or Oceanic or something) and Countach. I really dig the car damage...see Polyphony should have been doing this, too.
Admiral are very rare in San Andreas... my fave car in Vice City would be the Infernus.... (get it in cyan so it matches that blue suit)... And if Polyphony did put damage on... our wrecklessness would eventually turn against up.... I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT I JUST SAID...:dunce:

My way of thinking is....do unto the others before they do unto you. Especially in the Stars and Stripes series, i found the game drivers will block me and take me out in the turns if i'm in front. So i have no compunction in panel bashing as a means to an end.

Yes, i am trying to learn to drive better and 'out drive' the others by means of my skill. But i will use what ever means necessary if that is what it takes to win. I'm only early days in this game, and gain a great deal of satisfaction in developing the skills i need to beat the one car that always seems to be the nemesis in any particular series..e.g In Rome II, the third race in the Silver Arrow series in Beginner League, i just can't beat that bloody CL55. I just can't seem to make any headway on him, using an SLK200. He just seems to be a little more powerful. So to work out how to win this will provide some satisfaction. And i intend to do that by skill. But if i'm in front with 200 to go and he's trying to get by i guarantee i'll block him staring into the wall. hehe

frenzal
My way of thinking is....do unto the others before they do unto you. Especially in the Stars and Stripes series, i found the game drivers will block me and take me out in the turns if i'm in front. So i have no compunction in panel bashing as a means to an end.

Yes, i am trying to learn to drive better and 'out drive' the others by means of my skill. But i will use what ever means necessary if that is what it takes to win. I'm only early days in this game, and gain a great deal of satisfaction in developing the skills i need to beat the one car that always seems to be the nemesis in any particular series..e.g In Rome II, the third race in the Silver Arrow series in Beginner League, i just can't beat that bloody CL55. I just can't seem to make any headway on him, using an SLK200. He just seems to be a little more powerful. So to work out how to win this will provide some satisfaction. And i intend to do that by skill. But if i'm in front with 200 to go and he's trying to get by i guarantee i'll block him staring into the wall. hehe

The SLK does have less power than the CLK. Is that the Kompressor? Yeah, that car is lighter than the others but it needs help with the power! Nowadays, I can do the Benz race (Beginners) in a CLK 55 with just a sports suspension, a handful of drivetrain parts, and maybe a sports muffler without qualifying. It's not easy..you basically need to know those corners. The Benzes will drive fast, but they tend to bash a few corners and lose speed. You just gotta pass them in these key spots.

I agree...when I was new to GT1 & 2 I used to hit other cars more often. It's just a matter of skill and knowing those corners real well.

Last edited:
Duke
I always try to race as if I'll be submitting for OLR review. That means no more than two wheels off, no big wall touches or AI bangs, and nothing that gives you an advantage. If I stake out my line and the AI hits me, so be it, but I don't go torpedoing them. Usually it's you that loses anyway, even if you totally railgun them at the end of the straights.
I'm the exact opposite of that.Sometimes I'll try to drive clean.

hks_usa
Admiral are very rare in San Andreas... my fave car in Vice City would be the Infernus.... (get it in cyan so it matches that blue suit)... And if Polyphony did put damage on... our wrecklessness would eventually turn against up.... I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT I JUST SAID...:dunce:

If Polyphony includes damage in GT5, it'll certainly weed out all the wannabe drivers who crash walls from the best of us who can get good lap times from actual driving skills...

Last edited:
I sometimes use late braking techniques whenever there is a chance for position. So hard to the point that the smoke billows out as the wheels lockup.

Parnelli Bone
If Polyphony includes damage in gT5, it'll certainly weed out all the wannabe drivers who crash walls from the best of us who can get good lap times from actual driving skills...

Yea... that is if there is going to be a GT5.... Damage will make the agressive drivers wanna change their tactics!!!

hks_usa
Ok dude 2 things i noticed you need to fix.

1. don't fordge the word filter. you said A$$, if your gonna say it sasy it like you mean it ASS!!!

2.Why are you talking about a complety different game, it's GRAN TURISMO 3, not GRAND THEFT AUTO 3. does GT3 sound like GTA3 to you?

hks_usa
Yea... that is if there is going to be a GT5.... Damage will make the agressive drivers wanna change their tactics!!!

Of course theere will be a GT5. Why wouldn't there be one?

If I have a maxxed out griffith 500 on the roadster and spider course, i get really mad to find out that another one is beating me, so I "miss" my braking point and own him with a P.I.T. manuver so I make him tailspin into the sand, making him lose a good 7 seconds. And then there is that BS illegal entry of the elise motorsport , but I can't enter one.

Back