How can I make it less twitchy.

• Thread starter Boomify
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
laxman24eh
In Gran Turismo 5 I could drift very good, now in GT6 it feels just way too twitchy. I'm using a controller btw.

Back when I was on ds3 I had my sensitivity on -2 that helped a lot. you would also have to tune around that and it takes some getting used to.

That would be my first suggestion to smooth things out with the ds3. Definitely takes some getting used to, but it's worth it in the end.

@Boomify, practice fully controlling the stick as opposed to flicking it. Also practice smoothing out how you feather the gas.

Tuning your car with a lot of rear grip can make it twitchy, especially when chasing.

For my personal style, I find short gearing to cause me to be un-smooth as well. I like my gearing long, so the gas peddle feels kind of like a sponge. This helps smooth out my throttle work.

Watch onboard videos of either real world guys in powerful cars (Diago Saito and Forrest Wang are my favorite techniques to watch), or onboard videos of some of the guys here on GTP like @Isho or @monsterGAUZ. Listen to their rpm as they go through corners, and then try to mimic that. Easier said than done with a DS3, but it'll come with practice.

Last edited:
Back