How clean are you? (% of clean races)

• Thread starter NAXEHT
  • 77 comments
Sweden
Willow Springs
schlafhund
Greetings, people.

Well, since Polyphony did add a new nice stat in GT7 I thought it could be interesting with a thread where we share, compare, discuss clean races and whatnot. I haven’t been too enthusiastic about Sport Mode in the beginning here because of what the BoP currently looks like but regardless, I’ve started racing a bit and having done 50 I thought that was at least a sizeable enough amount to warrant starting this thread, even if it ain’t much and it’s gonna be a lot more in the future.

Do you think that perhaps this stat could help the general state of driving be a bit more respectful and fair or will most people still not care?

This is me, so far. 82 % clean.

1653476819955.png

I welcome myself to gtplanet...

First of all: How is it new? It's the same as it was in GT Sport. And this stats were there from the very beginning. ;)

What I see is this topic becoming another collection of complains about the penalty system. I would like to tell you "how clean I am" but I just can't. I went from SR S to SR D in one day when the game was released. I barely managed to get back to SR B and then I stopped playing Sport Mode.

My stats say:
71 Races
25 Wins
14 Poles
22 Fastest Laps
36 Cleansies

But it doesn't represent my driving at all - due to the penalty system. I'm a bit surprised that I managed to try so many races. I feel like I quitted Sport Mode way earlier.

I welcome myself to gtplanet...

First of all: How is it new? It's the same as it was in GT Sport. And this stats were there from the very beginning. ;)

What I see is this topic becoming another collection of complains about the penalty system. I would like to tell you "how clean I am" but I just can't. I went from SR S to SR D in one day when the game was released. I barely managed to get back to SR B and then I stopped playing Sport Mode.

My stats say:
71 Races
25 Wins
14 Poles
22 Fastest Laps
36 Cleansies

But it doesn't represent my driving at all - due to the penalty system. I'm a bit surprised that I managed to try so many races. I feel like I quitted Sport Mode way earlier.
It is new. This one counts how many clean races in total you’ve managed. The variant we had in GT Sport only tracked how many clean races in a row one could do and also had that in-game “achievement” where one was tasked with getting 15.

Apparently I have done 175 online races according to my stats. That is incorrect. I did do a bunch of races early when the game came out and it was bugged then, counting up by 2 for each race.

It says I have 2 pole positions, but I can't remember ever starting on pole. I've only qualified for one race which was a low effort time matching my race pace, which started me in the back anyway.

13 Victories, that is possible. I had 6 illegitimate ones after resetting my DR/SR as a test. Still seems high, 7 more without qualifying. You think you would remember last to first victories! I remember 3 other ones, not 7. Maybe early wins counted double as well.

26 Fastest laps. I was getting them a lot at Mount Panorama, and I did lots of races there. Plausible.

62 clean races, 35% of the bugged total of races I have not done lol.

CRB is bugged itself anyway. Many races at Mount Panaroma I was sure I should have it, didn't get it. Some races I was sure I would not get it, got it. Track limits are all over the place, sadly another useless stat. Good place to farm clean races is Catalunya. I got a 97 clean streak there in GT Sport.

I wish there was a way to reset my stats since they're all messed up...
I have never started on pole in GT7, what is PD smoking.

DR - B
SR - S

Clean Races 103
Fastest Laps 13
Pole Positions 7
Races 216
Victories 15

So a little under 50%. Would be a dam sight higher if the penalty system wasn't so broken.

I'm at 47%. What can I say, I just like driving into the other cars 👼
Well, some accidents with the AI can be fun and amusing depending on what you do. But sport mode is more strict and serious on that stuff. Because there are penalties involved!

Apparently I have done 175 online races according to my stats. That is incorrect. I did do a bunch of races early when the game came out and it was bugged then, counting up by 2 for each race.

It says I have 2 pole positions, but I can't remember ever starting on pole. I've only qualified for one race which was a low effort time matching my race pace, which started me in the back anyway.

13 Victories, that is possible. I had 6 illegitimate ones after resetting my DR/SR as a test. Still seems high, 7 more without qualifying. You think you would remember last to first victories! I remember 3 other ones, not 7. Maybe early wins counted double as well.

26 Fastest laps. I was getting them a lot at Mount Panorama, and I did lots of races there. Plausible.

62 clean races, 35% of the bugged total of races I have not done lol.

CRB is bugged itself anyway. Many races at Mount Panaroma I was sure I should have it, didn't get it. Some races I was sure I would not get it, got it. Track limits are all over the place, sadly another useless stat. Good place to farm clean races is Catalunya. I got a 97 clean streak there in GT Sport.

I wish there was a way to reset my stats since they're all messed up...
I have never started on pole in GT7, what is PD smoking.
I just realized GT7 doesn't split daily races from 'FIA' races. I do remember doing the Tokyo South loop race 5 times, and qualifying for it a couple times while getting locked in DR C for the championship. Maybe N24 was in the test championships? That could be where the 2 pole positions are from. These stats are so useless lol, bring back the detailed breakdown from GT Sport!

Yes, this must be the one:

Round 1: 31 March 2022
– Category: Gr.3
– BoP/Tuning Forbidden: On
– Car Settings: Specified
– Track: Nürburgring Ring 24h Layout
– Qualifying Time: 13 Minutes
– Fuel Consumption Rate (Qualifying): Off | Tyre Wear Rate (Qualifying): Off
– No. of Laps: 3
– Fuel Consumption Rate (Finals): 4x | Tyre Wear Rate (Finals): 2x

Race total is still bugged though. But victories seems more plausible now I realize the test championships are included. Is there any way to see your past results for these championships?

@Streeto I did the Tokyo run over 300 times in the Tomahawk, 99% clean, lost the CRB just a couple times out of all the attempts (only way to lose it is to get a yellow flag penalty). Actual clean run percentage for that race is closer to 1% :lol:

Last edited:

Sport​

Clean Races 5
Fastest Laps 0
Pole Positions 0
Races 40
Victories 0
20220525_194619.jpg
1/8th of my races in sport were clean, I cannot compute the career races for they are not counted in the totals, only Sport races are accounted for in the GT7 MyPage totals.
I came to GT7 with a C rating and I'm still at C with no victories....

It is new. This one counts how many clean races in total you’ve managed. The variant we had in GT Sport only tracked how many clean races in a row one could do and also had that in-game “achievement” where one was tasked with getting 15.
Ah yes, I remember. You're right. But I still read it like there hasn't been any tracking of racing stats at all in GT7.

If the penalties were improved I will return to Sport Mode and give you an update. From my very own (obviously objective ;)) point of view I'd say I'm somewhere between 80 and 90 % clean races.

Driver Rank: D
Sportsman Rank: S

Races: 10
Clean Races: 6
Pole Positions: 1

No wins or Fast Laps, probably will stay that way for a while.

Clean Races: 2
Fastest Laps: 2
Pole Positions: 3
Races: 12
Victories: 1
I have only tapped others twice by mistake,But I have had off track screw ups from going wide or hitting the barrier.
This is why my CRB is low.
My DR is C.
My SR is S.

Last edited:
227 Races
67 Clean

for a total of 29.5%

In an ideal system that probably shouldn't be SR S let's be honest!

I do consider myself a fair racer, I give space when I can and don't outright cheat, but I also won't allow myself to be bullied and can fall victim to the occasional red mist. I'm also dealing with a medical injury so certainly when on the wheel it can be a challenge to get braking and acceleration right consistently, I will put hazards on and pull to the side if I have lost some control but never the less **** can happen :lol:

Has anyone managed a CRB on daily A?

Never mind, I got one now. But they seem hard to come by. The yellows giving you penalties for overtaking seem quite random and so far someone’s always in the wall. Some bump drafting seems fine and some does not. Screw this.

Last edited:
I'm 50%... All of my lack of cleanliness comes from offs, not rams or crashes... I go out of my way to avoid any appearance of impropriety. That comes as a result of watching too many videos of idiots ruining other's races. And I'm not very competitive in my life... I'd rather enjoy a good clean race and lose a position rather than do anything for a win.

I'm one of the many B-S drivers -- DR B, SR S.
  • Clean Races 33
  • Fastest Laps 2
  • Pole Positions 8 (all at Daytona Tri-Oval)
  • Races 77
  • Victories 4
42.9% clean race ratio. Funny though, sometimes I'm surprised that a race turned out clean (or not). You can spin out and hit a wall and still get a clean race.

To be honest I'm probably 50-60% clean most of the time, that's why I never play GT anymore when I'm drowsy/half asleep. I learned the hard way.

I’m about 33% clean races but I did a lot of mount panorama and it seemed near impossible to get a CRB there despite sometimes being nowhere near anyone for the whole race, plus my account has seen a lot of Race A and never seen a CRB Once.

Guess I’m a dirty dog. 1 race(GR Cup) Clean Races: zip. I let my PS+ run out. So, I’ll always remain Ol D B status. sniff

Back