How clean are you? (% of clean races)

• Thread starter NAXEHT
  • 77 comments
Hah I'm getting dirtier by the day. Not easy to get the CRB with those fickle 0.5 sec penalties at Daytona :lol:
Down to 29% clean after 234 races. Bit less actually, was bugged at the beginning, no idea how many races I really did :banghead:

Just started today with race B: 2 of 3, not a big batch to call it valid data over just good luck races, actually all the others around me were mostly clean on the track (and I am dodging ghost, even if this might cost me a position, no chance the reset will get me).

Last edited:
257 races and 177 clean (69%)

A bit shocked as I'm quite a clean driver and have an S rating. I think most are from being punted into walls and also when I just started playing 😅 I can count the number of actual penalties on 2 hands but lately haven't seen a single player get penalties even though they ram and shove like crazy!

Last edited:
Hah I'm getting dirtier by the day. Not easy to get the CRB with those fickle 0.5 sec penalties at Daytona :lol:
Down to 29% clean after 234 races. Bit less actually, was bugged at the beginning, no idea how many races I really did :banghead:
Are you sure it’s actually less though? I remember that mine was also bugged in the beginning when it counted two for one race but eventually once I entered another race after one of the recent patches that stat corrected itself.
257 races and 177 clean (69%)

A bit shocked as I'm quite a clean driver and have an S rating. I think most are from being punted into walls and also when I just started playing 😅 I can count the number of actual penalties on 2 hands but lately haven't seen a single player get penalties even though they ram and shove like crazy!
Nice job, man!

Are you sure it’s actually less though? I remember that mine was also bugged in the beginning when it counted two for one race but eventually once I entered another race after one of the recent patches that stat corrected itself.
I haven't kept track of it, but the number seemed way to high after I picked up sport mode again. It was at over 70 races from the first week(s) and I'm sure I didn't do that many. Maybe it corrected later and is now more accurate, no idea :/

It's at 245 now, avg 2.7 a day. A far cry from the 13.5 avg I have on GT Sport (14,814 in 1097 days). And my total nr of clean races (69), is still below my longest clean streak on GT Sport (97).

Clean Races

Fastest Laps

Pole Positions

Races

Victories

So that's 54%. Yeesh, that seems low. Monza kicked me in the balls for track limit penalties.

1654457137503.png

In my defence I always qualify at the back half of the grid and other cars keep crashing into me. That's why I hate online, I get pushed off the track and yet I am the one who is penalised. Rubbish system.

Not much data to speak of, though. Don’t beat yourself up over that.
I literally have to git good to improve those stats :D
Problem is that I'm not fast enough to manage to swerve everyone and still keep in the running.

I literally have to git good to improve those stats :D
Problem is that I'm not fast enough to manage to swerve everyone and still keep in the running.
Hey bro... statements like "You're not fast enough to stay in the race" aren't necessary... You're as fast as you can go.. no need to worry... Sometimes you will just mixed with drivers who can drive a little faster.

If you are primarily concerned with arriving without making any mistakes, then don't do any qualifying laps and don't accelerate too much at the start, then you can follow along comfortably.
Especially at the beginning of the "racing driver career" you start with other new drivers who are usually a bit more insecure.. but unfortunately also every now and then with drivers whose only goal seems to be to ram other cars. You can then only try to dodge them... or try to be so fast that none of them can catch you, which is more difficult. But don't worry too much... just ride and have fun as much as you can.

You're as fast as you can go.. no need to worry... Sometimes you will just mixed with drivers who can drive a little faster.
This, there is only a fixed amount of driver rating groupings, so even within a driver rating there may be fast driver who is either still not good enough to promote or hasnt spend enough time yet to do so. I was actually pretty shocked to see someone 4 seconds faster on qualifying when before I was always middle of the pack and gaining positions during races by simply not making mistakes.

This, there is only a fixed amount of driver rating groupings, so even within a driver rating there may be fast driver who is either still not good enough to promote or hasnt spend enough time yet to do so. I was actually pretty shocked to see someone 4 seconds faster on qualifying when before I was always middle of the pack and gaining positions during races by simply not making mistakes.
There may also be other cases, e.g. that someone "accidentally" or intentionally reduced their SR.
If the SR falls far enough, this also has negative consequences for the DR, which was already the case in GTS and led to the DR being reduced to 5000 points, which corresponds to an E rating.
Assuming an A+ driver does this on purpose, you'll run into him in some E-D-C-B-A races and wonder why he gets such a bad score for being so fast.

Quite a few A and A+ drivers did exactly this before transferring their GTS data, apparently to have better/easier starts in GT7.

According to PD's math;

Clean Races 274
Fastest Laps 32
Pole Positions 42
Races 385
Victories 44

71% clean races. I think I had like 76 consecutive clean races in GT Sport.
How is that even possible? What kind of voodoo magic are you practicing to get other racers to not drive into you at least once every 5 races?

You pulling the ol' Vettel in a 2013 Red Bull? Pole to flag?

I swear I'm not a dirty driver but the stats don't look good.

10.42%!

Must be track limits, I can't have hit that many people. Still a SR S somehow.
It is, indeed. Go off and you’ll lose the clean race bonus. However I’m pretty sure one or two offs have no impact on the SR, I think @Sven Jurgens with his experience of all kinds of driving can fill in on that. Besides hitting people, the only way to lose SR is going backwards and getting that DSQ warning as well as quitting. Right?

I lost clean race status in races just by bump drafting someone in front of me… so stat is mostly useless if you employ that technique often enough lol.

I am at 64% clean races but should be 80% imo. I don’t pass aggressively or take chances with contact and have started from pole or top 3 90% of the time so out of most carnage.

Last edited:
I lost clean race status in races just by bump drafting someone in front of me… so stat is mostly useless if you employ that technique often enough lol.

I am at 64% clean races but should be 80% imo. I don’t pass aggressively or take chances with contact and have started from pole or top 3 90% of the time so out of most carnage.
Did you lose it every time you were bump drafting? I believe if it’s a lighter bump that’s alright as far as CRB is concerned.

Did you lose it every time you were bump drafting? I believe if it’s a lighter bump that’s alright as far as CRB is concerned.
Not sure. Just noticed it a few times when I knew everything else was clean. Maybe bump drafted too hard. Lol.

I haven’t updated here in a long, long time. I have, however, remembered to take frequent screenshots.

So, at 101 races I was at 78/101 = 77,22%. All the racing since then has taken me to:

157/200 = 78,50%
246/300 = 82,00%
339/400 = 84,75%
415/500 = 83,00%
489/600 = 81,50%
568/700 = 81,14%

From memory, the races that clearly set me back in my climb upwards were Deep Forest Raceway Reverse in Gr.3 from the 24th of November as well as Daytona Speedway in the Corvette C8 ’20 from the 19th of December (thanks a lot for keeping those sheet records, @Hasnain282).

185b783eb7b41-screenshotUrl.png
185b784cd5693-screenshotUrl.jpg
185b784eb5385-screenshotUrl.png
185b78508c384-screenshotUrl.png
185b7852597100-screenshotUrl.png
185b7853ba686-screenshotUrl.png

Last edited:
Interesting to see this thread back but I don't think the game is in a position to give a definitive score for clean races.

Sure it's fun to see the stats but the amount of times I've driven a clean race only to not get the clean race bonus / stat for something extremely trivial or minor, or for totally unclear reasons is pretty absurd.

Saying that, it's impressive to see people holding 80% clean races as I don't know how you go about staying out of other peoples drama to that extent, never mind managing the games 'opinion' of contact and clean driving.

Well, I don't do many sport races, but here are my stats:

Untitled.jpg

Though I am only a D level driver I do have an S level of sportsmanship, so I try not to hit people. It is rather difficult, though, in the D level class of drivers to not run in to people or to have people run in to you. Unless I qualify in the top 3, I am likely going to have a brush or two with some drivers and that ruins the clean race bonus.

Not very. I bust up AI when they hack me off. Other than that I aim simply to not hit anyone. This may result in various penalties and/or leaving the track surface. I hold a D/S Rating.

Last edited:
I'm not fast enough to keep clear of the pack, and thus I get bumped even when trying to avoid others. So my stats are terrible even if I do my outmost not to touch other cars. Annoying.

Back