How close can you get to the wall?

United States
Midwest USA
twodogsgolden
I mean I think it's pretty self explanatory, how close can you get to the wall?

London_zpsd52ba647.jpg

@WingZeroCustom, try messing around with the hairpin at the top of Stowe. Start on the back straight, initiate at the slight left kink, then ride the tire wall on the left. You can get 90 or reverse, bumper scrapping the wall for like 20 feet. Aim to put your rear wheels on the little concrete patch. Then aim back inside at the rumble strip to exit.

"Do it like Meihan"...I'm sure you'll get it quickly :)

@WingZeroCustom, try messing around with the hairpin at the top of Stowe. Start on the back straight, initiate at the slight left kink, then ride the tire wall on the left. You can get 90 or reverse, bumper scrapping the wall for like 20 feet. Aim to put your rear wheels on the little concrete patch. Then aim back inside at the rumble strip to exit.

"Do it like Meihan"...I'm sure you'll get it quickly :)
I know that section....... been doing it forever. The only section I like on that god forsaken track. -____- I already have pictures from me drifting there riding that wall. But mostly I try to keep it inside the white lines. *Shrugs* I'll get on later and download some from my PS3.

Hehe I just realized I was three wheeling the entire corner in the pictures I posted. Can see it on the last one. :3

I know that section....... been doing it forever. The only section I like on that god forsaken track. -____- I already have pictures from me drifting there riding that wall. But mostly I try to keep it inside the white lines. *Shrugs* I'll get on later and download some from my PS3.

Hehe I just realized I was three wheeling the entire corner in the pictures I posted. Can see it on the last one. :3

Laaaaame :lol:

There's so many tracks that have great wall ride opportunities, or just cool lines in general....but no one does them because they aren't "inside the white lines".

Laaaaame :lol:

There's so many tracks that have great wall ride opportunities, or just cool lines in general....but no one does them because they aren't "inside the white lines".
I like to stay to the left of the white line, initiate with a wall tap then towards the curbing for the transition towards the concrete wall corner, and use that as the next transition and clipping point before riding the wall.

Keeps things interesting. Similar to how the D1SL does Bihoku, only using half the track and staying close to the wall before the first initiation.

My favorite wall to ride due to you can't just slam into it, because the tiny dirt strip between it and the wall and road. I see people slam into the wall, and just drag it on certain tracks lol. Sadly I see most people take the low and mid line on this corner.

Could still probably get abit closer.

Decided to make a little video of it.

:) Good one. It's actually funny because i did a couple of shots EXACTLY here and almost similar (It's Stowe back straight, isn't it ?) doing the same thing but on a 97 Camaro. I believe you're 5 cm closer though ;)
(I'll post when possible).

:) Good one. It's actually funny because i did a couple of shots EXACTLY here and almost similar (It's Stowe back straight, isn't it ?) doing the same thing but on a 97 Camaro. I believe you're 5 cm closer though ;)
(I'll post when possible).
Yeah Stowe back straight.

That was as close as I could get because the 458 has a rather big rear hit box which sucks.

Riding that wall is so fun. :3 I've got it to a science. Its all about how you transition off of the corner prior to that. If you can flick it in just right you can ride that wall all the way to the end. :)
Typo, I men't off not on, like you it's down to a science of how you transition prior and the level of zero fear you have in you. Coming off the wall and not dropping a tire is quite hard, I can't do that consistently.

Riding that wall is so fun. :3 I've got it to a science. Its all about how you transition off of the corner prior to that. If you can flick it in just right you can ride that wall all the way to the end. :)

Typo, I men't off not on, like you it's down to a science of how you transition prior and the level of zero fear you have in you. Coming off the wall and not dropping a tire is quite hard, I can't do that consistently.

It's fun, allright. I can't do it consistently too. My way is going straight ahead to the begining of the corner, touch e-brake, let it slide and get that rear up there, and finally come out smilling (or not, leaving your whole bumper there).
There is also the matter of the finish. The bump - or is it some kind of iron tyres, never really bothered to inspect ? - at the very exit of the corner, thats what really makes me cringe. Drawing a line on that wall with your rear bumper, feeling all proud and sht, and all of a sudden...you're dead :P

It's fun, allright. I can't do it consistently too. My way is going straight ahead to the begining of the corner, touch e-brake, let it slide and get that rear up there, and finally come out smilling (or not, leaving your whole bumper there).
There is also the matter of the finish. The bump - or is it some kind of iron tyres, never really bothered to inspect ? - at the very exit of the corner, thats what really makes me cringe. Drawing a line on that wall with your rear bumper, feeling all proud and sht, and all of a sudden...you're dead :P
Oh yeah, those bags killed me a couple times to man, died a little inside watching my replays, just good, great, great , great , great , little baby tap, now focused on getting off the wall then BOOM! You're facing the incorrect direction , slowly causting down the track into the grass in shame.

Thats probably my favourite wall to hit. Its such a satisfaction if you transition right into it while still smashing 3rd gear haha. Its sad a lot of those public comps on Ascari decide to go inside instead of outside. Shame really.

Thats probably my favourite wall to hit. Its such a satisfaction if you transition right into it while still smashing 3rd gear haha. Its sad a lot of those public comps on Ascari decide to go inside instead of outside. Shame really.
I now feel bad that you aren't in usdc.

Ok, here it is. (I was forced to take the shot like this, even though it's pretty nice, but I ask anybody else to try get a wall run here and take a custom shot, the first camera option is unavailable whenever you get close to the wall for some strange reason!)

FkPkO62.jpg

Yeah, I made it;

KLOIW04.jpg
Hate that camera bug at Stowe! Glad I'm not the only one.

I've had it at Tsukuba pit wall aswell, but only sometimes.

My favorite track to drift on lately is London. I really don't like Stowe for some reason
I've just fallen in love with London reverse...

Very tight a challenging, with the nice big sweeper thrown in. Loads of fun. :cheers:

I love Stowe though, so 👎:yuck:

:gtpflag:

Back