How come no feature article on Wreckfest launch (console)

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 4 comments
Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain
davidtsmith333
From the website's main page:
Welcome to GTPlanet
We cover the world of racing games, motorsport, and car culture.

Yeah right.
I love this site but....Just wondering how come no feature article by the contributing writers on the eagerly anticipated launch of Wreckfest for consoles. I mean, this game is amazing, there was such a long wait and anticipation was high and there was quite a buzz about it. I would have expected to see a feature article at least announcing the launch. Almost every feature article I see day after day is GTsport, with a bit of Forza. C'mon now.

From the website's main page:

Yeah right.
I love this site but....Just wondering how come no feature article by the contributing writers on the eagerly anticipated launch of Wreckfest for consoles. I mean, this game is amazing, there was such a long wait and anticipation was high and there was quite a buzz about it. I would have expected to see a feature article at least announcing the launch. Almost every feature article I see day after day is GTsport, with a bit of Forza. C'mon now.

As a former writer, I'll tell you this. The writing staff is made up of volunteers who have other jobs, other commitments, and just not enough hours in the day. Also, you're not really looking if all you see is just GTSport news with a bit of Forza thrown in. Just today, there was an article on Overpass, which is a UTV driving game. There are also articles on iRacing, Need for Speed, and rFactor 2 from just the past week. Also, remember some of them were in New York this past weekend too, which also puts them further behind in their personal lives. So cut 'em some slack, they do a great job at covering all sorts of games, even if they can't get to everything.

Yeah, I was hoping for an extensive review before I broke down and bought it. Unfortunately I'm too impatient and I found a an old PC review from May made by a Sim driver. That seemed to do the trick and I pulled the trigger.

So far I'm happy. Right out of the gate, the handling felt familiar and predictable, so the learning curve to entry was very short before I was able to fight for poll positions at the front of the pack.

I'd still love to read a GTPlanet take on the game though.

Back