How come nobody is discussing about the AI that's been fixed ?

• Thread starter Mudda Chod
  • 42 comments
Australia
Australia
I know you won't believe me, but the Al has been.... FIXED! I've run the Tokyo 600 grind several hundred times over the previous few months, and I know exactly how the Al behaved before update 1.25 i.e. what their movements were at the start, whilst driving amongst them, and when being lapped.

Today that all changed.

1. AI are not blocking as rudely as before. Previously they would weave across several lanes to block you. Not any more. If you have a fast inside line they allow you through whereas previously they would close you out against the wall.

2. No brake checks mid corner... OMG!!!

3. The AI movements are now smooth, with (mostly) no erratic weaving, and it's actually...... a pleasure to drive amongst them now. Close driving is exactly that, close. I had a great tussle with Kokubun, including several overtakes for each of us in turn, and...... no contact.

4. Less dive bombs, if any, and mostly they will pull out of a bad dive to avoid contact.

5. Lapped AI no longer weave across the track to block you and sometimes they actually move (or stay) off the racing line, to let you through.

Honestly I was the dirtiest driver on the track!

Guys this is huge

Last edited:
Can't even say the last time I raced against the AI. But, since I have a bunch of menus to compete and am bored with the Daily races, maybe I'll give it a go again. I hope you're right.

Are you sure it wasn't a fever dream? Have you tried any other races?

Edit* - fever dream implies a negative experience. I suppose I meant lucid dream.
Hmmm. I didn't try other races yet. I just tried this one (several times with various difficulties) because I'm so familiar with how the AI performed here previously.
I was hoping that other people might have similar knowledge of other races, and could confirm the change.

Unfortunately it seems others have not found a significant change... Strange...

I'm on ps4. I don't suppose the programming is different between consoles?

Last edited:
I did a Spa 1 hour race yesterday, can't say AI has been fixed: it's still divebombing in corners. Perhaps they make a bit more room when you are lapping them under blue flag, but it's too early to tell.
Had 3 runs at Spa since the update (it's my daily grind so i have a similar familiarity to the OP and Tokyo) - like you I'm seeing no difference. Brake checking, weaving etc all the same, though their track positioning has changed a little. AI behaviour under a blue flag is still shockingly bad, they often race harder being lapped than they do racing for place. Rather than blue being a warning to other drivers that they're going to be lapped, I use it as a warning I'm approaching a muppet!

Had 3 runs at Spa since the update (it's my daily grind so i have a similar familiarity to the OP and Tokyo) - like you I'm seeing no difference. Brake checking, weaving etc all the same, though their track positioning has changed a little. AI behaviour under a blue flag is still shockingly bad, they often race harder being lapped than they do racing for place. Rather than blue being a warning to other drivers that they're going to be lapped, I use it as a warning I'm approaching a muppet!
Are you on ps4 or ps5?

Trying to figure out why I have a huge difference in the AI behaviour but others don't?

Is it possible that it's only in the Tokyo race? I can't imagine why.

Hopefully someone can contribute about the Sardegna grind

Last edited:
I know you won't believe me, but the Al has been.... FIXED! I've run the Tokyo 600 grind several hundred times over the previous few months, and I know exactly how the Al behaved before update 1.25 i.e. what their movements were at the start, whilst driving amongst them, and when being lapped.

Today that all changed.

1. AI are not blocking as rudely as before. Previously they would weave across several lanes to block you. Not any more. If you have a fast inside line they allow you through whereas previously they would close you out against the wall.

3. The AI movements are now smooth, with (mostly) no erratic weaving, and it's actually...... a pleasure to drive amongst them now. Close driving is exactly that, close. I had a great tussle with Kokubun, including several overtakes for each of us in turn, and...... no contact.

4. Less dive bombs, if any, and mostly they will pull out of a bad dive to avoid contact.

5. Lapped AI no longer weave across the track to block you and sometimes they actually move (or stay) off the racing line, to let you through.

Guys this is huge
Seems like something worth hitting the share button and posting an example of.

Seems like something worth hitting the share button and posting an example of.
Good idea... Will do... I just assumed everyone would have the same experience, so I didn't record it.

Now I wish I had footage of the AI before 1.25, to provide a comparison. I'll repeat the tests I did yesterday and save the video.

Edit: I just found some saved replays from before the update.... Will create comparison video :-)

Last edited:
The fact this exists suggests they have certainly not got any faster.
Agreed. The AI is not faster... My observation is that they are driving better (cleaner/less eratic), but that's difficult to quantify, so I'm looking for help from others to test and confirm

The fact this exists suggests they have certainly not got any faster.
Have you read the title of this thread? Slow AI in the Tokyo 600 race is not an issue. @Mudda Chod is using a glitched car in order to do the race as quickly as possible so he's lapping cars. You won't get anywhere near lapping them using an unglitched car or setup.

But don't let any of that get in the way of you having another dig at a game you've never played.

Have you read the title of this thread? Slow AI in the Tokyo 600 race is not an issue. @Mudda Chod is using a glitched car in order to do the race as quickly as possible so he's lapping cars. You won't get anywhere near lapping them using an unglitched car or setup.

But don't let any of that get in the way of you having another dig at a game you've never played.
I am very curious what is your definition of glitch because for me it seems that anyone who can tune properly car (with what PD gave us) is using a glitch 🤣

@Mudda Chod is using a glitched car in order to do the race as quickly as possible so he's lapping cars.
Am I supposed to be psychic to know that? If that is true, doesn't it also rather invalidate the entire point of the thread?

Last edited:
Needs a video. Seems INCREDIBLY unlikely that it's been "fixed" by most people's definition and noone but the thread starter noticed

Last edited:
I raced against the AI yesterday and to me it looks like the same... early braking, inside line hogging, slow approach to corners in general. Slow, yet not that easy to pass them due to their weird driving. And then sometimes they are clumsy exiting those corners, with too much wheelspin. They hardly ever do smooth lines to take the corners like a proper driver would do. Not much fun racing them. Meh

Last edited:

Today that all changed.

Guys this is huge

Well I did a bunch of different single player races today. I got punted by AI drivers off track several times. Maybe it's simulating real drivers online racing behaviour now...😆

🤣 Aproaching a muppet. I never know what they are going to do so really it's like having a drunk infront of you on the road in real life. I don't know how many times it's looked ok to pass then they road rage when you get close. I think the worst is when you are serving a penalty and 8 cars rear end you on a very wide straight away. They make it out just fine though.... I dont like how they seem to have more grip or their cars weigh more.

Last edited:
Are you on ps4 or ps5?

Trying to figure out why I have a huge difference in the AI behaviour but others don't?

Is it possible that it's only in the Tokyo race? I can't imagine why.

Hopefully someone can contribute about the Sardegna grind
PS4 - still old school over here :)

I did Sardegna this morning - not a race I do too often but I didn't notice much difference, if any...

I grind la Sarthe a lot, and I agree the AI has been improved the last updates, they are smoother, but still braking in the same corners, only softer, and true not all the cars, some cars don't brake. And they keep using Hards even when the road is flooded and pouring rain from the sky in the first pit. They will change to Wets or IM on the second pit the next lap if it's still raining, which makes the race very boring and predictable.

I grind la Sarthe a lot, and I agree the AI has been improved the last updates, they are smoother, but still braking in the same corners, only softer, and true not all the cars, some cars don't brake. And they keep using Hards even when the road is flooded and pouring rain from the sky in the first pit. They will change to Wets or IM on the second pit the next lap if it's still raining, which makes the race very boring and predictable.
Phew. Finally I'm not the only one...

I'm trying to compile a video comparison, but it's difficult

So the Aston DP100 is also a glitched car?? I regularly lap at least the top 14 cars and sometimes the whole field using it. I have not seen PD do anything to penalize the DP100 yet.

@Mudda Chod is using a glitched car in order to do the race as quickly as possible so he's lapping cars. You won't get anywhere near lapping them using an unglitched car or setup.
I thought he was the one doing the rotary Cappucino thing? That hardly seems like a glitch. It's a car with an engine swap and a tune.

At Le Mans in the first complex the AI doesn’t cut across your line like they used to.

In a 787B I have much more grip than the GT3/4’s I’m up against. Previously I had to dive bomb the AI to get ahead in the early stages of the race. Now you can race side-by-side and take advantage of the extra grip.

I only have hyperbole to contribute since I never recorded any previous races, but my daily grind is Sardegna at least for my daily workout ticket with Toyota G10 hybrid I noticed the same.

I feel the same way. The previous update before this last one made the AI more aggressively dirty in my opinion as well. Instantly as soon as the race starts as I’m going down the first straight and car in 17th place that starts on the left side of the grid opposite me ahead, instantly stops going in thier straight line path and will be the only car in the group to cross the track lanes to try and block me off turn 1 while simultaneously slowing down and letting the group break off and gain a little distance ahead as if working as a team (breaking far more than all the other cars on a turn) After the update it is back to being a bit more respectable and doesn’t engage in aggressive behavior unless I start trying to get close to them.

When lapping them, it’s like the AI turned into a stirred up beehive and would consistently block in groups of 3-4 cars grouping together, with the last one trying to block as the others try to rubber band ahead. Battery no longer lasts more than 10 laps for me (used to last until lap 14) to be able to lap more than 3/4 of the cars after last update to make an apples to apples comparison to how it felt before, but they seem very much more chill now. The amount of contact substantially increased with the previous update, and now with this latest one I feel like it’s back closer to normal.

Also on turns it seems as if the AI used to think it owned and had exclusive rights to the apex of every turn and would always make contact if cornering near an AI car, now it’s not much smarter but more respectful of distance. AI generated punting seems to have been eliminated for me since this last update entirely.

At Le Mans in the first complex the AI doesn’t cut across your line like they used to.

In a 787B I have much more grip than the GT3/4’s I’m up against. Previously I had to dive bomb the AI to get ahead in the early stages of the race. Now you can race side-by-side and take advantage of the extra grip.
Yes, this is exactly the type of things I'm experiencing.

But, there must be another explanation because just now I ran Tokyo 600 in the Rottuccino, and the AI were as dirty as ever. Everything in the OP that I said was good, was bad again today.

Having evaluated several saved replays of the AI before update 1.25, I'd say they are continually bad drivers, not only when you are nearby, and even when being lapped, it like they're just oblivious to the fact that you are even there. I've even got footage of them backing off on the straight, changing down gears and back up, and applying full throttle in the braking zone of the hairpin. Just totally stupid all around...

But why then are they well behaved at other times? It also appears that they struggle with priorities when several cars are nearby. Most of my good experiences post 1.25 were one on one situations.

I'll try and get some footage of well behaved AI, but it's proving to be elusive.

I only have hyperbole to contribute since I never recorded any previous races, but my daily grind is Sardegna at least for my daily workout ticket with Toyota G10 hybrid I noticed the same.

I feel the same way. The previous update before this last one made the AI more aggressively dirty in my opinion as well. Instantly as soon as the race starts as I’m going down the first straight and car in 17th place that starts on the left side of the grid opposite me ahead, instantly stops going in thier straight line path and will be the only car in the group to cross the track lanes to try and block me off turn 1 while simultaneously slowing down and letting the group break off and gain a little distance ahead as if working as a team (breaking far more than all the other cars on a turn) After the update it is back to being a bit more respectable and doesn’t engage in aggressive behavior unless I start trying to get close to them.

When lapping them, it’s like the AI turned into a stirred up beehive and would consistently block in groups of 3-4 cars grouping together, with the last one trying to block as the others try to rubber band ahead. Battery no longer lasts more than 10 laps for me (used to last until lap 14) to be able to lap more than 3/4 of the cars after last update to make an apples to apples comparison to how it felt before, but they seem very much more chill now. The amount of contact substantially increased with the previous update, and now with this latest one I feel like it’s back closer to normal.

Also on turns it seems as if the AI used to think it owned and had exclusive rights to the apex of every turn and would always make contact if cornering near an AI car, now it’s not much smarter but more respectful of distance. AI generated punting seems to have been eliminated for me since this last update entirely.
Yes, agree entirely!!

I think they're just testing the waters with some minor changes every few updates, that's why they haven't listed it in official changelog

Last edited:
This is what I noted in the Custom Race thread, after the August Update. Again, it’s PD being track and car specific.
I tell you what, the AI are leaving me for dead at Catalunya no chicane. Using the TCM, DTM and N2 AE86 cars, AI just pull away. It's crazy.
I feel PD tweaked the AI at this circuit. Mainly in braking. I'm being outbraked and the AI are programmed much quicker in the corners. I'm still getting used to the Dual Sense controller, but goodness gracious, AI are much different here than at all the other circuits.
I’m on PS5. The Tokyo 600 race still have AI taking me out instead of trying to avoid me. However, AI are being more courteous and opening up the corner when, I guess, it senses I’m much faster. This happens at various circuits, but it’s sometimey.
I also have a seven Lap video at Fuji with me not passing many AI from the back. Cars not falling back and actually challenging me for position. Cars are similar horsepower and PP, with some as duplicates with different liveries. I’ll probably post that in the Custom a race thread.

I feel it’s best to test this in Custom Race than PD events. Those can be scripted and too varied. We just don’t know what programming they’ve done for tuning and AI level.

Back