How Correctly set up Logitech g27 ?

@ grog: Yea, I also have to agree, you're imagining things. Just did all your tests exactly as described and felt no difference at all, not even the slightest.

Can you update the g27 software/firmware by the PS3? this might explain why some people are experiencing different things. Or perhaps the G27 has different firmeware based on what country you're in?
For me the main difference i experience is with the pedal depression just prior to race 1 for calibrating the amount of braking or throttle for each position.

I'm going to test the controller setting as when i first used my G27 the force feed back was VERY strong on setting 4 and now its not as strong... (only been using the thing for 1month)

Can you update the g27 software/firmware by the PS3? this might explain why some people are experiencing different things. Or perhaps the G27 has different firmeware based on what country you're in?
:odd:

You can't upgrade the firmware of a G27 on a PS3. It only works on the PC.
For me the main difference i experience is with the pedal depression just prior to race 1 for calibrating the amount of braking or throttle for each position.
This is only if you didn't depress the pedals as the wheel was calibrating automatically when the game started up.
I'm going to test the controller setting as when i first used my G27 the force feed back was VERY strong on setting 4 and now its not as strong... (only been using the thing for 1month)
It only seems that way because you're getting used to the way the wheel feels. When I first got my G27 (FFB on 10), I had extreme difficulties even just controlling the car in a straight line. Now though, it seems as if FFB 10 is very weak, especially when compared to FFB from iRacing.

I've been told that you should plug it into the ps3, then into outlet then turn on ps3. I drove without doing this for a long time and then I was learning how to drift with it and talked to a dude that told me that it does not calibrate right unless you plug in first then power on ps3. I knew how it felt before doing this and was used to it and then I tried what was suggested and it did seem way better and I was drifting instantly better too AND my roommate thought it felt better as well even with very little time playing it with just plugging it in after gt5 has started.

My ritual. I slide my custom built aluminum race rig in front of the big screen, plug in the usb to ps3, then plug in to the outlet and then fire up the ps3, THEN after I start the game and im pulling out of the pit in auto drive or if Im in a race waiting for countdown I step on all pedals once to full amount then release. This calibrates the pedals. If you don't calibrate the pedals then the first time you use the brake pedal and say you only push it half way down from that point on half pedal is now FULL BRAKES.

I have NOT tried anything different since and I love my g27.

And with drifting it is VERY hard at first, but you'll get it. my advice in the options is to set to simulation, power assist off and force feedback 9 and steering sensitivity in the driving options at negative 2 or negative 1 should help you out (I race with steering sensitivity 4 though). It will be harder to turn than a real car with power steering at this point, but the effect is that it gives you more force feedback feel that is much needed because we can't feel the forces of acceleration, braking and cornering. This extra bit of feel will be beneficial and it's a good arm/shoulder workout as well.

Another thing about drifting with the wheel is that it's all in the tune. Tunes that you may have used with a controller for drifting are now out the window because with the controller the tires FLOP FLOP FLOP from neutral to full lock instantly to control the car often with the front tires skidding and with a wheel you are now countersteering the car and following a line with the front tires and using a sawing back and forth motion to maintain the drift and a LOT of throttle blipping with the pedal to keep things in order.

Another thing that helps a LOT is rigging up an ebrake on a ds3 controller that is set to control number 1 with the ebrake set to one of the analog sticks. It allows all the buttons on the ds3 to work but cancels steering output from the controller

Here is a picture of the ebrake I built. doesn't have to be as custom as this but it will give you an idea of what you are looking to accomplish. Real life drifters use handbrakes so why not have one to use with your wheel.

001.jpg

GOPR0017.jpg

GOPR0018.jpg

GOPR0019.jpg

Thanks fore posting those photos :)
Inspiration

Last edited:
Marking the thread to read it later again. I bought a G27 and it will arrive in my house anyday.

Oh by the way... will i need to change the driving settings into the game? Such as turning speed, abs?

HawkeTrainer
I just got a g27 :drool: But now I'm wondering what the proper steps are for setting it up?

Mainly,Do I plug it in to the wall outlet First or do I plug It into the the Ps3? :dunce:

Any other info I should know would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :dopey:

Lol, I do it either way, doesn't affect my wheel. Have you sort out the wires that go underneath the wheel?

Back