How dirty is Sport Mode really, and how fast can you level up?

• Thread starter Blacki2k2
  • 37 comments
Germany
Germany
Blacki2k2
I have posted parts of this in the Daily Races Thread, but i wanna have a tracking of it what im doing here. Basically i read from many people how ****** the Sport mode and with it the connected Driver Rating (DR) and Sportmanship (SR) is. Im a beginner in GT Sport and i'm playing since December 2017. I have done nearly 300 races in Sport Mode and get some poles and wins, and my actual DR is S and SR is S too.

And now i wanna do a experiment: With a fresh account, i will see, how bad the Sport Mode really is. In my eyes, everyone can climb up the levels fast and get very fast a better match marking with better players. This results in cleaner races. But, is this really the truth? I say: NO! I say, you can have excellent races and results in the beginner pool too. But you have to work for it. I will stop this experiment when i have reached DR:A and SR:S.

In another thread, i posted my statement because players are crying about that "bad unfair sport mode and rating system". You can see my statement here. This is the basics what i do for and before every race. And since i follow these steps, gaining levels is not that hard:

Improving DR/SR is not that hard. Everyone starts with E/B and everyone have the chance to climb up. The biggest piece from this "every ones rams, sr/dr is crap" cake comes from drivers which have to improve their driving quality drastically. I know, it is hard down there where all the beginners drive. But if you follow a simple strategy, you can earn many points very fast and climb up to the highest Level in SR and in a high level in DR. Just do the following:

- Watch how the top tens do their fastest lap. You can learn many from them to see where they break and where they steer, which line they drive.

- do qualifying. And not only 5 rounds. As a beginner, you don't know the track, it's limits and the break points. Example: Track x, top ten set a time of 1.22.0 Drive this track over and over to come nearly to the top ten as possible. Lets assume you got a best track time of 1.27.3. Do the qualifying again until you reach in every round 1.27.8 or 1.28. If you can do this for 10 laps, then you know you can drive stable. This is the perfect preperation for the race. Don't lough, i do this too for every race, even in S/S. If i cant handle many rounds with nearly the same time, the race gets bad.

- If you don't like a track, don't drive it. If you don't like all the tracks or cars or group of a day, don't drive it. Do some practice, finish the driving school with 100% gold, do the track experience with 100% gold.

- In the race: If you lost a place, you lost a place. Don't rage or revenge this in bad actions against others, the same when you get bumped. Never do a rage quit. It is not worth, no matter how bad the race is. There are always races where this happens, as a said, even in the highest rankings. Use the radar, watch your opponents, leave room for everyone and overtake only if it is safe.

- Tip: As is said above, do a huge qualifying. The better the times, the better your start place. It is less trouble to start in top 5 as in midfield. And if you start with E/B, and you do a perfect qualifying and learn the track, you can improve SR from E to S within one day.

GT Sport is not a game like "Oh it's Sunday, lets race some rounds...". It is hard work, because it is a sport...

Ok, what i will say: If you wanna be able to level fast and fair up, Learn the car you drive, be the car. And learn the track you drive, be the track! It is not worth to enter a race without knowledge about the car and the track.

I save every race i do in this account and put it on youtube. Then you can see my good races and my bad races too. No secrets. But, i repeat it again: LEARN THE CAR, LEARN THE TRACK. If you loose or if you level down, it's mostly your fault. Unbelievable, i know...

And i know this too: "bruh blacki, you are S/S, it is unfair to drive in these lower levels / you know the track / you know the car". STOP! As i said, you have to leran the car and the track too, before you enter the race! And it is not unfair to drive as S/S with a fresh account. Only the first race was pole and win, and from the second race you get mixed up with better players and it is not a easy job to handle the races.

You can track my Stats for the second account here: http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=5411468

I will fill up this post with a racing report and the races video when i have uploaded them.

==== RACING REPORTS ====

Race #1, 13.02.2017 (02/13/17): GR.4 Dragon Trail 10 laps with tires & fuel

My very first race on my new account. Qualified with a lap time of 1.46.4, 2 seconds behind top ten
Starting from Pole, made a Win. 32 secs difference to second.
Ok, this was lame.

Details:
Starting Position: 1
Finish Position: 1
Clean Race: yes
Old Levels: E/B
New Levels: E/B

[Video]

Race #2, 13.02.2017 (02/13/17): GR.4 Dragon Trail 10 laps with tires & fuel
Wow, this was not expected. The second race and i get mixed with drivers from DR D/B and SR B/C
Was a clean race after all. No crashes or unfair driving behaviour from others. Finished as second.

Details:
Starting Position: 5
Finish Position: 2
New Levels: E/A

[Video]

Race #3, 13.02.2017 (02/13/17): GR.4 Dragon Trail 10 laps with tires & fuel
And again i get mixed up with better players. Lobby was mixed by DR B-D and SR B only

After start i get kicked out by a player, maybe it was my fault (changed to inside before the first S) and the guy behind me had a mistake with his breakpoint. Spin out after on the track again, ended up on place 16. Came back to place 7 in a clean way.

Details:
Starting Position: 8
Finish Position: 7
Clean Race: got blue SR but wasn't clean at all

[Video]

Race #4, 13.02.2017 (02/13/17): GR.4 Dragon Trail 10 laps with tires & fuel
Wow, again mixed up with better drivers. Highest DR: S (one guy) - SR:D and SR:A - SR:B
Clean race after all. The third place made a small mistake and crossed my line direct in front of me. Got SR down once, but wasn't my mistake.

Details:
Starting Position: 4
Old Levels: E/A
New Levels: E/S

[Video]

Race #5, 14.02.2017 (02/14/17): GR.1 Monza with Chicanes, 4 laps
Got a pole, but second player had nearly the same time. I said to him, please, dont push me out at the first corner. And he didn't. Pole - Win - Clean. Nice!

Details:
Old Levels: E/S
New Levels: D (+2000)/S(+4)

[Video]

Race #6, 14.02.2017 (02/14/17): GR.1 Monza with Chicanes, 4 laps
Network Connection lost on race preparation. Hopefully this don't damage my stats.

Race #7, 14.02.2017 (02/14/17): GR.1 Monza with Chicanes, 4 laps
Got pole, and get a little bit rammed at the first corner. Rest of the race was clean. Win.

Details:
Clean Race: mostly
Old Levels: D/S
New Levels: D (+1303)/S(+4)

[Video]

Race 8#, 14.02.2017 (02/14/17): GR.1 Monza with Chicanes, 4 laps

Crashfest at the first chicane. Not affected to me. Luckbox... :D

Details:
Clean Race: Yes
Old Levels: D/S
New Levels: C (+2764)/S(+1)

[Video]

Race 9#, 14.02.2017 (02/14/17): GR.1 Monza with Chicanes, 4 laps

I think the start was crashy, but not affected again. Have to check the replay first. Got Penalty...

Details:
Clean Race: Yes (penalty)
Old Levels: C/S
New Levels: C (+1194)/S(+4)

[Video]

Race 10#, 14.02.2017 (02/14/17): GR.1 Monza with Chicanes, 4 laps
Worst race so far. Gut fully kicked out at the start, some not forced contact after respawn. Landed on 7th and came back to second.

Details:
Clean Race: Crash race, white SR
New Levels: C (+951)/S(+0)

[Video]

Race 11#, 14.02.2017 (02/14/17): GR.1 Monza with Chicanes, 4 laps
Crash fest on first chicane, not affected to me. Again. :D Clean Race after all.

Details:
New Levels: C (+931)/S(+4)

[Video]

Race 12#, 15.02.2017 (02/15/17): GR.1 Nurb GP 10 laps
I dont like this track. But i drive it. Bad decision? Maybe... started 3, did a mistake involved with another car, finished 3rd. Almost clean.

Details:
New Levels: B (+2866)/S(+1 / 99)

[Video]

Race 13#, 15.02.2017 (02/15/17): GR.1 Nurb GP 10 laps
Started from pole, at start little trouble. No pit strategy, win.

Details:
Old Levels: B/S
New Levels: B (+1619)/S(+0 / 99)

[Video]

Race 14#, 15.02.2017 (02/15/17): GR.3 BB Raceway 15 Laps
I'm the stupiest driver on this planet. Started second stay on second. Spin out in lap 13 and finsehd 8... damn, shame on this race :( But, gained 26 Points in DR :D

Details:
Starting Position: 2
Finish Position: 8
New Levels: B (+26)/S(+0 / 99)

[Video]

Race 15#, 15.02.2017 (02/15/17): GR.3 BB Raceway 15 Laps
Pole - Win - Clean Race.
Details:
New Levels: B (+1259)/S(+0 / 99)

[Video]

Race 16#, 15.02.2017 (02/15/17): GR.3 BB Raceway 15 Laps
Pole - Win - Clean Race.
Details:
New Levels: B (+1190)/S(+0 / 99)

[Video]

Race 17#, 15.02.2017 (02/15/17): GR.3 BB Raceway 15 Laps
Pole - Win - Clean Race.
Details:
New Levels: B (+1193)/S(+0 / 99)

[Video]

Race 18#, 15.02.2017 (02/15/17): GR.3 BB Raceway 15 Laps
Pole - Win - Clean Race.
Details:
New Levels: B (+1032)/S(+0 / 99)

[Video]

Race 19#, 16.02.2017 (02/16/17): N500 Lancer Road Car
Clean Race, started 6th, finsehd third.

Details:
Starting Position: 6
Finish Position: 3
New Levels: B (+711)/S(+0 / 99)

[Video is following]

Race 20#, 16.02.2017 (02/16/17): N500 Lancer Road Car
Did two mistakes while i'm looking at the timings... :/

Details:
New Levels: B (+800)/S(+0 / 99)

[Video is following]

Race 21#, 16.02.2017 (02/16/17): N500 Lancer Road Car
Much enemy contact, kicked out once. Loosing SR...

Details:
Starting Position: 11
Finish Position: 9
Clean Race: nope
New Levels: B (+413)/S(-1 / 98)

[Video is following]

Race 22#, 16.02.2017 (02/16/17): N500 Lancer Road Car
Again more contact... not so easy in the middle field. I do some more qualifying...

Details:
Starting Position: 12
Finish Position: 10
New Levels: B (+231)/S(+0 / 98)

[Video is following]

Race 23#, 16.02.2017 (02/16/17): N500 Lancer Road Car
Did a mistake from first and fall back to fourth. Came back to second and get divebombed to fourth...

Details:
Finish Position: 4
New Levels: B (+675)/S(+1 / 99)

[Video is following]

Race 24#, 16.02.2017 (02/16/17): N500 Lancer Road Car
No mistake this time. Started from second - got win. Some little contact, but clean race anyway.

Details:
New Levels: B (+1039)/S(+1 / 99)

[Video is following]

Race 25#, 16.02.2017 (02/16/17): N500 Lancer Road Car
Bumped at the frontman, but not heavy. SR Down, but at the end no SR lost.

Details:
Starting Position: 10
Finish Position: 8
New Levels: B (+551)/S(+1 / 99)

[Video is following]

Race 26#, 16.02.2017 (02/16/17): N500 Lancer Road Car
Clean race, gained 3 places.

Details:
Finish Position: 5
New Levels: B (+1083)/S(+0 / 99)

[Video is following]

As conclusion for now i can say, if you know the track and the car, you can gain up SR to S within 4 races with 10 laps. DR is gaining after the fifth race. At this point, the first achievement, gaining up SR to the highest level, is done. We will what the next races will bring.

Last edited:
I was B/S on the first day I got the game , I think I did something like 8 races. there's DR S guys with under 100 races too, personally I reached it at 250 or so

I was B/S on the first day I got the game , I think I did something like 8 races. there's DR S guys with under 100 races too, personally I reached it at 250 or so

My stats are almost the same. But if i had follow my own rules from above, maybe i would have needed only half of that races to reach DR:S :lol:

personally I think players tend end up exactly where they belong in terms of skill pretty quickly, and any progression from there is more gradual. For example I reached A in a fairly small number of races, but S took me another month. safety rating is maybe different, but I think a generally clean driver will stay in the S ranks even if they drop down to A or B from a bad race every so often. I actually like the "easy come, easy go" system because it's not the end of the world even if you do end up in a few accients that weren't your fault

This doesn't really apply to the average driver though.
People who are genuinely quick, know how to control their car - they can make clean overtakes, and can spot trouble coming up and avoid it.

For average drivers, I think there are a few complaints.

1 - People who are genuinely dicks and punt people off on purpose.
2 - People who don't have good control over their car, and hit people on corner entry or on tricky sections of track while they attempt a reckless overtake.
3 - People who are frustrated sitting behind another driver and feel entitled to pass them (especially on later laps), thus going for a reckless overtake, often with contact involved.
4 - People who don't want to be passed, and use their car like a shield to block excessively.

Right now, the SR system does a good job overall - but it is flawed, and often times will penalize drivers on the receiving end of reckless overtakes.

I genuinely think the majority of contact is not done on purpose, but the lower you go in DR, the less skilled the drivers are - which would explain a lack of car control. Unfortunately the game promotes GT.4/3/1 racing primarily, and when you put a lower skilled driver into a high powered race car it's a recipe for mistakes.

I bet if you could find a way to separate the data you'll probably see a lot less -SR happening in GT.4 races compared to GT.3/1 as the GT.4 cars are extremely stable compared to the GT.3/1's

Yes lower skilled drivers need to spend the time learning the track before they race it - but generally speaking it's not that they don't know the track that causes issues, it's that they don't have the car control to successfully complete clean overtakes, and they struggle being consistent - which can also cause accidents.

Also, I notice a lot of lower skilled drivers simply don't change their driving style with traffic in front of them - or when they have a draft. They haven't learned how to drive in traffic enough to safely drive in traffic - and unfortunately there is only one way to learn to drive in traffic... by driving in traffic.

I have posted parts of this in the Daily Races Thread, but i wanna have a tracking of it what im doing here. Basically i read from many people how ****** the Sport mode and with it the connected Driver Rating (DR) and Sportmanship (SR) is. Im a beginner in GT Sport and i'm playing since December 2017. I have done nearly 300 races in Sport Mode and get some poles and wins, and my actual DR is S and SR is S too.

And now i wanna do a experiment: With a fresh account, i will see, how bad the Sport Mode really is. In my eyes, everyone can climb up the levels fast and get very fast a better match marking with better players. This results in cleaner races. But, is this really the truth? I say: NO! I say, you can have excellent races and results in the beginner pool too. But you have to work for it. I will stop this experiment when i have reached DR:A and SR:S.

In another thread, i posted my statement because players are crying about that "bad unfair sport mode and rating system". You can see my statement here. This is the basics what i do for and before every race. And since i follow these steps, gaining levels is not that hard:

Ok, what i will say: If you wanna be able to level fast and fair up, Learn the car you drive, be the car. And learn the track you drive, be the track! It is not worth to enter a race without knowledge about the car and the track.

I save every race i do in this account and put it on youtube. Then you can see my good races and my bad races too. No secrets. But, i repeat it again: LEARN THE CAR, LEARN THE TRACK. If you loose or if you level down, it's mostly your fault. Unbelievable, i know...

And i know this too: "bruh blacki, you are S/S, it is unfair to drive in these lower levels / you know the track / you know the car". STOP! As i said, you have to leran the car and the track too, before you enter the race! And it is not unfair to drive as S/S with a fresh account. Only the first race was pole and win, and from the second race you get mixed up with better players and it is not a easy job to handle the races.

You can track my Stats for the second account here: http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=5411468

I will fill up this post with a racing report and the races video when i have uploaded them.

==== RACING REPORTS ====

Race #1, 13.02.2017 (02/13/17): GR.4 Dragon Trail 10 laps with tires & fuel

My very first race on my new account. Qualified with a lap time of 1.46.4, 2 seconds behind top ten
Starting from Pole, made a Win. 32 secs difference to second.
Ok, this was lame.

Details:
New Levels: E/B

[Video is following]

Race #2, 13.02.2017 (02/13/17): GR.4 Dragon Trail 10 laps with tires & fuel
Wow, this was not expected. The second race and i get mixed with drivers from DR D/B and SR B/C
Was a clean race after all. No crashes or unfair driving behaviour from others. Finished as second.

Details:
Starting Position: 5

[Video is following]

Race #3, 13.02.2017 (02/13/17): GR.4 Dragon Trail 10 laps with tires & fuel
And again i get mixed up with better players. Lobby was mixed by DR B-D and SR B only

After start i get kicked out by a player, maybe it was my fault (changed to inside before the first S) and the guy behind me had a mistake with his breakpoint. Spin out after on the track again, ended up on place 16. Came back to place 7 in a clean way.

Details:
Finish Position: 7
Clean Race: got blue SR but wasn't clean at all

[Video is following]

Race #4, 13.02.2017 (02/13/17): GR.4 Dragon Trail 10 laps with tires & fuel
Wow, again mixed up with better drivers. Highest DR: S (one guy) - SR:D and SR:A - SR:B
Clean race after all. The third place made a small mistake and crossed my line direct in front of me. Got SR down once, but wasn't my mistake.

Details:
Old Levels: E/A
New Levels: E/S

[Video is following]

As conclusion for now i can say, if you know the track and the car, you can gain up SR to S within 4 races with 10 laps. DR is gaining after the fifth race. At this point, the first achievement, gaining up SR to the highest level, is done. We will what the next races will bring.
I did the same like you Blacki, after I reached Dr.S on my 1st Account, exactly out of the same reasons you mentioned above in your post and because i didn’t knew if I had the Grip Bug, and wanted to see if it’s actually deserved to be there or not. So i‘m Not the only maniac here:D . And what should I say, you’re 100% correct with everything you explained.

When I started my 2nd Account, it took me 94 races to reach Dr.S with 47 Wins and I needed 3 days or 2643km of actually driving to get there.I was Sr.S from the first day and always managed to keep it at its highest level all the time until today.
And I also just got my Wheel during the first December Week, and i had to relearn driving. But it paid off.

I got to DR S after about 100 races. Although I didn’t get to SR S very quickly so ended up in relatively slow severs and was winning 75% of the races. So not sure if that helped me or not. (I don’t win anything at S/S now!)

Also you don’t need to start from scratch for your experiment. Just drop your SR to B/C and don’t qualify. Ive been doing a lot of races recently starting from the back of SR C races and while it does get quite messy, you can avoid most major contacts. I usually manage to get to 3rd-5th so there isn’t much “race ruining” contact if you drive sensibly.

This doesn't really apply to the average driver though.
People who are genuinely quick, know how to control their car - they can make clean overtakes, and can spot trouble coming up and avoid it.

For average drivers, I think there are a few complaints.

1 - People who are genuinely dicks and punt people off on purpose.
2 - People who don't have good control over their car, and hit people on corner entry or on tricky sections of track while they attempt a reckless overtake.
3 - People who are frustrated sitting behind another driver and feel entitled to pass them (especially on later laps), thus going for a reckless overtake, often with contact involved.
4 - People who don't want to be passed, and use their car like a shield to block excessively.

Right now, the SR system does a good job overall - but it is flawed, and often times will penalize drivers on the receiving end of reckless overtakes.

I'm be with you, partially. In my eyes, this points depends always to the player self.

1: Maybe unlucky. But you can watch out for this guys and try to avoid this. Being faster or stay behind untill they kick out by self. Your choice. Nor rage and patience brings the points.

2: Nobody must drive with low knowledge. Especially not to cry for it after the race. What speaks against doing 50 qualifying rounds? For a a two minute lap this is ainvest of 100 minutes. But after this you are perfect prepared to race against other from your level.

3: You can let pass him. If he is always behind you, you can be sure that he is faster. Avoids crashes and rage. Improves SR and maybe lower DR a little. Is it a win? For sure, you had a good and clean race.

4: Stay behind and make a nice pressure. See what happend. Mostly the heat is to big for this guys, and they go off track.

As you can see, for every point exist a strategy. Not the win is the strategy, a good race is it. This improves your driving style more and make you better.

Only my opinion.

Last edited:
I can see this doesn't apply to me. Two decent races and qualifying times lead me to near the back of the grid and a pole sitter I'll never meet. I just do little rank bounces and move nowhere.:lol:

Honestly, if I tried this and only stuck to cars and tracks I knew to rank up, I'd be a serious liability to the other people on track when I got there. I don't deserve to be that high as my skill level is most definitely finite. I'm probably being naive (again) but I thought the DR was a judge of a driver's pace and competence, whatever the combo?

I know I'm supposed to stick to the same combos but where's the fun in that? It's putting ranking over racing.:yuck:

I race for fun and will never reach DR.S as I find hot lapping extremely boring, 3 laps max for qualifying. I recently went back to not qualifying at all. I'll jump in, hang back for the first two laps to dial my braking points back in and then speed up from there.

I now sit at 1138 sport races, highest DR reached was just over 42k with qualifying, currently back down to 23k. SR always S, usually maxed, yet the odd incident and yellow flag nonsense will take some away occasionally, as well as drivers that can't overtake without using you as a means to get around a corner. M

Most incidents seem to come from people only knowing how to follow the racing line from their qualifying laps. Go side by side into a corner with them and they will hit you either at the apex or on corner exit. Just hot lapping doesn't teach you how to adjust your line on the fly. I usually get out of the way if I suspect someone can't handle driving off the driving line.

Most bumps from behind come from people not looking further ahead then the car they are following. If there's a bunch of cars in front of you, watch when the first car starts braking and adjust accordingly. It's better to leave a bit of space and aim for a faster corner exit, then crawl right into the bumper of the car in front and lose speed on corner exit. Or worse, dive to the inside in a hail mary to make the corner and hit another car at the apex.

Hey fellows, im very heroic today. Grind 3 Track Experience and bought the 919 for Monza. Well, i hope this was not a bad decision... :D

Edit: Qualifying was 20 rounds with 1.32.9, +0.6 to top ten...

@Blacki2k2 in fairness, it is easier for you to climb the rankings as an experienced 300 race S ranked driver.

For the average guy who is learning as they go it is much harder; because the ability of that player in that moment (or race) is only as good as that level.

As an example... today I am a B driver, if I started a new account I think I could get back to B quite quickly. But 1 month ago I was a C driver, there is no changing that until I gradually progressed and got more experienced over the following weeks. So, as much as your experiment looks fun, you aren't accurately sampling "what it's really like" to be in the lower ranks. You are just a good driver amongst poor opposition.

Still fun and interesting nonetheless :)

I can see this doesn't apply to me. Two decent races and qualifying times lead me to near the back of the grid and a pole sitter I'll never meet. I just do little rank bounces and move nowhere.:lol:

Honestly, if I tried this and only stuck to cars and tracks I knew to rank up, I'd be a serious liability to the other people on track when I got there. I don't deserve to be that high as my skill level is most definitely finite.

:lol:

Last night I was matched with a load of S and A rated drivers and it was a horrifying experience... I was way out of my depth and was probably a hazard to those around me. I qualified in 6th, directly ahead of 3 A ranked players (one of which actually won the race). I felt very bruised after.

Last edited:
@Blacki2k2 in fairness, it is easier for you to climb the rankings as an experienced 300 race S ranked driver.

For the average guy who is learning as they go it is much harder; because the ability of that player in that moment (or race) is only as good as that level.

As an example... today I am a B driver, if I started a new account I think I could get back to B quite quickly. But 1 month ago I was a C driver, there is no changing that until I gradually progressed and got more experienced over the following weeks. So, as much as your experiment looks fun, you aren't accurately sampling "what it's really like" to be in the lower ranks. You are just a good driver amongst poor opposition.

Still fun and interesting nonetheless :)

I understand you, but it is only the half truth. Ok, for this race i got a pole - win - clean situation. But the second place was B/A and only 0.012 secs behind me, the third +0.2... so i think yet if you do hard qualifying you can get in front too. Yesterday i started often from place 5 - 8 and have do a hard work, because from start there were not so bad opponents. But, as i said, you can go with them by hard training and qualifying or you get eaten by the dog... :D

Just my two cents :-)

Ah, forgot to say. Let's say the experiment is really useless, then at least the fun remains: D

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand you, but it is only the half truth. Ok, for this race i got a pole - win - clean situation. But the second place was B/A and only 0.012 secs behind me, the third +0.2... so i think yet if you do hard qualifying you can get in front too. Yesterday i started often from place 5 - 8 and have do a hard work, because from start there were not so bad opponents. But, as i said, you can go with them by hard training and qualifying or you get eaten by the dog... :D

Just my two cents :-)
Sure, I get you... but the point remains that YOU are a good racer and therefore understand racing lines, overtaking points, when to attack, when to hold off etc... which means you will naturally be avoiding the trouble due to your own ability as opposed to learning on the go 👍

Regarding the reckless overtakes... you can see most of these coming!

Sure you get unfair overtakes where you are bumped wide and you lose a few seconds. These are harder to avoid but they don’t have a significant impact on your race.

The reckless overtakes where you will be smashed off the track and it impacts your race are usually quite easy to spot in your mirrors/radar. Just give them space and they will run wide and you can retake your position.

I’ve been starting from last place in SR C servers and I rarely get smashed off. I usually make up around 10 positions, so it’s not like I’m trying to avoid overtakes either.

I have been SR S since day 1 and currently progressing (slowly) through DR A. It's been easy to maintain a SR S rating but a lot more difficult to reach DR S. I think the racing in Sport Mode is excellent for the most part, but this is coming from a former Forza Motorsport player so the bar isn't exactly set very high there. :lol:

if you've made it to s before then it means you have s rank level skill. so the game will put you there much faster on any new accounts you make. even though it took me 45 days to reach S on my account i'm certain I could do it in a week or less on any new accounts i start, though i won't do that. but its also for that reason that i think that worrying about trying to reach a higher DR rank isnt worth it, because if you spend a lot of time in a lower rank it just means you're progressing naturally at the skill level you currently have

Sure, I get you... but the point remains that YOU are a good racer and therefore understand racing lines, overtaking points, when to attack, when to hold off etc... which means you will naturally be avoiding the trouble due to your own ability as opposed to learning on the go 👍

Ur right. As a part of this, im very interested how fair the race are. As example the race from yesterday, were i started from place eight, falling down to 16 because of a mistake of me and my behind, and the climb up to 7. These are nine opponents what i have beaten, and no one has tried to kick me out or something other unfair actions, because i take care of the others. It is a great part of this experiment as well :-)

if you've made it to s before then it means you have s rank level skill. so the game will put you there much faster on any new accounts you make. even though it took me 45 days to reach S on my account i'm certain I could do it in a week or less on any new accounts i start, though i won't do that. but its also for that reason that i think that worrying about trying to reach a higher DR rank isnt worth it, because if you spend a lot of time in a lower rank it just means you're progressing naturally at the skill level you currently have

Proof? I'm now at SR:S and get down mixed to SR:A drivers. I think it is not as you described....

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean DR. safety rating seems to have a different philosophy behind it

I doubt it. That means, that i do my first account a S/S, my son profits from this in his own profile. That would be very unfair against other drivers, didn't it?

I doubt it. That means, that i do my first account a S/S, my son profits from this in his own profile. That would be very unfair against other drivers, didn't it?

Sorry, i should have been clearer. what i mean is that if you have the skill to reach S in the first place, you'll reach it much more quickly the second time. as an example: due to a glitch I ended up as the only high rank driver in a race with a full D/S grid yesterday and I was lapping 6 whole seconds a lap faster than second place but when i first got the game around Jan 1st i would have been mid pack there

Sorry, i should have been clearer. what i mean is that if you have the skill to reach S in the first place, you'll reach it much more quickly the second time. as an example: due to a glitch I ended up as the only high rank driver in a race with a full D/S grid yesterday and I was lapping 6 whole seconds a lap faster than second place but when i first got the game around Jan 1st i would have been mid pack there
This was my point too. Blacki IS an SS driver, regardless of starting a new account and appearing as a BA or whatever... his skill level is that of an SS, so he couldn't accurately replicate being a CC or BA driver. The same as I couldn't either, as I am now a B driver.

The DR is a bit annoying as I really have 2 skill levels!

Im currently S/S.

If I spend an hour qualifying first I’m usually ok. I’ll manage a top5 or top10 finish in the race just fine.

But if I have no time and just jump on with no qualifying it’s a bit different! Especially if it’s on a track I don’t know very well (like any of the fantasy tracks).

I know I could make 2 accounts. But I’m too lazy for that!

The DR just makes me nervous to play in case I ruin it! Occasionally i just race from the back so it takes a bit of a beating!

I've encountered more dirty drivers among DR B and A's lately in SR S lately in the past couple months, wasn't like that before Christmas. What's odd is that I've had cleaner races with DR C's.

I’m to the point where I don’t give a damn about DR anymore. My goal is to race clean and finish as high as possible while doing so. The best revenge for getting punted, pushed wide, or being used as a break is to come back and pass the offending driver without contact. There will always be dirty racers at every level. You just can’t let them get to you and change the way you drive.

I’m to the point where I don’t give a damn about DR anymore. My goal is to race clean and finish as high as possible while doing so. The best revenge for getting punted, pushed wide, or being used as a break is to come back and pass the offending driver without contact. There will always be dirty racers at every level. You just can’t let them get to you and change the way you drive.

Yes it's really hard though when they are ramming and even pushing you off track for no reason, still I try not to turn into one of them and wish more would do the same as us.

Yes it's really hard though when they are ramming and even pushing you off track for no reason, still I try not to turn into one of them and wish more would do the same as us.
It’s frustrating as hell, definitely.

I usually just sigh and take the name down. I’m starting a list that I can reference so I know who the assholes are and drive accordingly when they are near.

I basicly did the same yesterday on my son his account, he was rated d/d.
Did the gr 3 races at lagio maggiore three times.
Did just one flying lap on quali with a car I normally don't drive + brake mistake (mustang). So, 2:02..... something.
Guy on pole 2:00..... start on p4.

Because I know the track (a bit) and some of the obvious ramming points, I could avoid most of them. By lap 3 I was behind te leader and ready to overtake, took him on the inside, and got smashed out. Ok, started over, pitted, by lap 7 again overtook him. at the end of the straight he tried to divebomb me, but looked well in the mirrors and avoided him, took the win with 10 second or so in the lead. Racepace was 2:01... with fastest lap 2:00.....

Second race, started race from p6, got pushed/shoved/rammed in corners 1,2,4,5 and dropped back to 12th. :grumpy:
On the straight there was bumping / ramming going on like crazy and after that righthander 3 guys where in the dust.
so, back to p6.. constantly gaining and did clear clean overtakes. Dudes didn't want to see me pass, so ramming ans shoving was just the whole time.
After the pits stop I was 2nd with 10 seconds behind, in lap 9 I was right behind the leader who was massively defending.

Pulled an trick move on the right hander after the straight, aimed for the inside, guy went to block, moved to the left outside and braked at the latest point to turn in. I trusted him to use my car as a leaning option, but didn't accelerate. He went in to the graveltrap, I only lost 1.4 seconds that lap and won by ... seconds. Fastest lap 1:59....

Third race, got into a room with quicker times, so started 16th rated c/c like the rest (pole 1:59.3.. This race was a true banger race. No fun at all. Did manage to get the win , but only with a 0.700 second lead overtaking the leader in the last sector (who was very decent).

So, after 3 wins and 2 fastest laps his account went up from d/d to a c/c.
Knipsel tim.PNG Knipsel tim2.PNG

Was it easy to do thusfar? Yes. Why? Because i knew what to expect in 90% of the time, knew the track and brakepoints etc.
I did do some little bumps here and there due the weaving bumping and ramming by others, Otherwise the sr also would be a little higher.

It was fun to do though!

The problem isn’t getting to SR S, the problem is winning races at that level.

Even with all the incredibly dirty drivers at lower levels, it’s still much easier to win races there. For me.

Normally I don’t care this much about winning, but I’m trying to get the Schumacher trophy. So you can thank PD for that too!

Back