How dirty is Sport Mode really, and how fast can you level up?

• Thread starter Blacki2k2
  • 37 comments
Well, it's a lot easier when you start on pole most of the time. Even getting kicked to the back won't be much of a problem as your lap times and experience to stay on track will easily get you ahead when revisiting the lower levels.

I've reset my profile a couple times
4cGc.jpg

Before day 30 the down trends are from learning tracks/cars and trying to get the 15 clean race streak. After losing it at 12 and 10 races in I decided to hang back to get it done. Ending back at 1 DR point.
At day 40 I completed the 20 wins achievement.
Between 45 and 60 I raced without qualifying picking up positions from the back. With qualifying I suddenly shot up to DR.A
At day 60 after reaching DR.A I decided to get the 91 win trophy out of the way. However I hadn't realized yet that lowering SR is much more effective, hence I went bump drafting on Bluemoon on day 62 to lower SR since that worked so well on day 25 in a Fia race. After a week as C/B shooting back up to A/S only took 2 days.
The last drop was from the Sirocco, I can not race that car effectively, tried all Sunday to get the hang of it and dropped all the way back to DR.B. Fittipaldi and Monza yesterday shot me back up to nearly my highest level despite killing my SR. (Lost 24 SR points in one very dirty race)

Anyway I'm sure starting a new account will get me back to A/S in no time. No 40 day learning streak required. Which is how it should be, your own skill gets better and no matter what DR says, you don't suddenly lose your skill level and have to start over.

Well, it's a lot easier when you start on pole most of the time. Even getting kicked to the back won't be much of a problem as your lap times and experience to stay on track will easily get you ahead when revisiting the lower levels.

I've reset my profile a couple times
4cGc.jpg

Before day 30 the down trends are from learning tracks/cars and trying to get the 15 clean race streak. After losing it at 12 and 10 races in I decided to hang back to get it done. Ending back at 1 DR point.
At day 40 I completed the 20 wins achievement.
Between 45 and 60 I raced without qualifying picking up positions from the back. With qualifying I suddenly shot up to DR.A
At day 60 after reaching DR.A I decided to get the 91 win trophy out of the way. However I hadn't realized yet that lowering SR is much more effective, hence I went bump drafting on Bluemoon on day 62 to lower SR since that worked so well on day 25 in a Fia race. After a week as C/B shooting back up to A/S only took 2 days.
The last drop was from the Sirocco, I can not race that car effectively, tried all Sunday to get the hang of it and dropped all the way back to DR.B. Fittipaldi and Monza yesterday shot me back up to nearly my highest level despite killing my SR. (Lost 24 SR points in one very dirty race)

Anyway I'm sure starting a new account will get me back to A/S in no time. No 40 day learning streak required. Which is how it should be, your own skill gets better and no matter what DR says, you don't suddenly lose your skill level and have to start over.
You should be able to get back to A/S in about a week at most.

My first account:
E0C18701-1D21-46E7-83DE-BD6F5242016D.png

My second account:
01C8D85C-8ADD-4F8C-8692-8D45AB548FAE.png

Attachments

• E62A3143-5D2E-4E2B-8A4F-D830FF46228E.png
    E62A3143-5D2E-4E2B-8A4F-D830FF46228E.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 6
The problem isn’t getting to SR S, the problem is winning races at that level.

Even with all the incredibly dirty drivers at lower levels, it’s still much easier to win races there. For me.

Normally I don’t care this much about winning, but I’m trying to get the Schumacher trophy. So you can thank PD for that too!
Indeed it is. My account had about 125 races and 3 wind, my sons account had about 10 races had a 3 races winning stream.

You should be able to get back to A/S in about a week at most.

My first account:
View attachment 714720

My second account:
View attachment 714721

I did the daily C race 3 times, SR is already back at 99 (from 66), first race I screwed up the first corner for 30 sec penalty, second race I got hit in the first corner, 3rd race I got hit in the final chicane yet still got the clean race bonus. 33 points in 3 races, might have been more if it wasn't capped. DR went slightly down though, finishing 9th, 8th and 4th.

Last edited:
Added race #15 - #26. Only 7000 DR Points left to DR:A. I came now almost in Lobbies with DR:S and DR:A drivers. From now it is not really easy to make some lazy points, it is hard work. But in conclusion all of the 26 races where almost clean, except some soft touches and bumps by mistake. In Every race i was able to improve my DR stats.

I did the daily C race 3 times, SR is already back at 99 (from 66), first race I screwed up the first corner for 30 sec penalty, second race I got hit in the first corner, 3rd race I got hit in the final chicane yet still got the clean race bonus. 33 points in 3 races, might have been more if it wasn't capped. DR went slightly down though, finishing 9th, 8th and 4th.
I’m back at A/S. It took a total of 34 races. I’m pretty sure Low A or High B is basically where should be skillwise for DR rating.

I’m back at A/S. It took a total of 34 races. I’m pretty sure Low A or High B is basically where should be skillwise for DR rating.

With the 3 day weekend I had time for another marathon session to poll how dirty the daily B was today on Dragontrail:

30 races: 10 clean (max 2 red and maybe some white ratings), 20 dirty.
I was dive bombed in at least 8 races, 1 race by 3 different drivers.
Despite the mess around me, at one point I managed to build up a clean streak of 7.
I managed 17 races with positive SR, 7 neutral, 6 negative.
Unfortunately the races got dirtier towards the end of the night and in the very last race I got demoted to SR.A Started at 99 now at 71.

The last race was a gem:

The first guy to hit me already dive bombed and hit me in 2 earlier races, including this gem

A little nudge that bit him in the butt after turning me into a missile, which cost me 11 SR points and 5 sec penalty... So I didn't hesitate to leave him zero room after he opened with a hit yet again. Of course he comes back to hit me two more times, including in the chicane resulting in a huge mess.

Daily C is the place to gain SR, Daily B the place to lose it depending on the track of the day.

I did gain 6.5K DR to 35751, back in DR.A, perhaps that's why it got dirtier again.

Latest Posts

Back