How do I get Fanatec LC pedals to calibrate?

• Thread starter FBGT
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
Hello All,

I've been searching for a while and cannot find a reliable, repeatable solution to this question:
How do I calibrate the pedals on GTSport (6) on PS4?

I have heard that there is a silent/secret calibration on the main menu, however, pressing the pedals shows no indicators or shows any improvements.
My issue, specifically, is I am using the Fanatec CSL Elite base with the CSL Elite pedals, with the Fanatec LoadCell mod. This is factory mod and it works fine in other racing games--because they give you a calibration menu (Dirt, F1, Project Cars, etc).

Is there a way to calibrate this? Is there a thread or post I can vote on to make sure they add this as an update or fix it in the next game (for PS5)? Honestly, this is ridiculous that they seem to be so lazy with the wheel support on such a good sim game. I only bought PC2 so I can drive a sim with pedal calibration but their vehicle dynamics are laughable--let off the brakes and the rears disappear. Anyway-rant over. HALP!

Hi FBGT, there is no requirement to calibrate the pedals in GT Sport. The pedals calibrate automatically, and are fully supported by the game. If the pedals are working in other games I'm not sure what the issue could be. I would try disconnecting the pedals from the back of the wheel base while in the game and then reconnecting them (without pressing them). Or try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB from the PS4 while GT Sport is already running. Have you updated the firmware on the wheel base?

Thanks for the reply!

The setup works, however with the loadcell mod, the pedal is only registering ~50% pressure when I am fully on the pedal. In game, as a result, I am basically only able to apply half the braking force for the car (full pedal press = 50% press in-game). This is why I want to calibrate the pedal, because I suspect GTSport is assuming Im using the standard brake (which has a rubber stop) for the CSL setup but I have the loadcell mod (rubber rings that add resistance), which is an additional and separate factory mod. If GTSport let me calibrate the pedal, I could tune out that extra 50% in-game (basically making braking more sensitive than default).

I have not updated firmware since I first got the setup and I had the game at that time, so I dont suspect that but will look into it. I'll also give the unplug trick a go. Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply!

The setup works, however with the loadcell mod, the pedal is only registering ~50% pressure when I am fully on the pedal. In game, as a result, I am basically only able to apply half the braking force for the car (full pedal press = 50% press in-game). This is why I want to calibrate the pedal, because I suspect GTSport is assuming Im using the standard brake (which has a rubber stop) for the CSL setup but I have the loadcell mod (rubber rings that add resistance), which is an additional and separate factory mod. If GTSport let me calibrate the pedal, I could tune out that extra 50% in-game (basically making braking more sensitive than default).

I have not updated firmware since I first got the setup and I had the game at that time, so I dont suspect that but will look into it. I'll also give the unplug trick a go. Thanks again!

I have exactly the same problem. The only solution I have found is to put the most stiff bushes in there and replace the foam bush for the second hardest. On my wheel I put setting brF on off. I have full braking now but braking feels like pushing a wall what doesn’t feel real any more :(. Even with the fanatec driver I can not calibrate the pedal to give me the 50% more I need when braking full.

I have exactly the same problem. The only solution I have found is to put the most stiff bushes in there and replace the foam bush for the second hardest. On my wheel I put setting brF on off. I have full braking now but braking feels like pushing a wall what doesn’t feel real any more :(. Even with the fanatec driver I can not calibrate the pedal to give me the 50% more I need when braking full.
You know what?! I did not think of the solution being in the wheel! I had no idea brake force was in the wheel settings too. I will look into the BRF settings on the wheel--this should work since there are about 5 settings you can have and I can just make a custom one for GTSport.

Have you tried having this setting closer to 100, rather than OFF? It seems the higher the setting, the less force you need to apply to the pedal.

The setting I'm thinking of in the manual is:

6.3.9 BRF (brake force) BRF range: OFF 010 … 100; BRF default: 050
This brake force modifiers give you the ability to adjust the brake feeling according to your favour: Increasing the BRF to 100 means the user needs to press the brake with minimum force to achieve 100% brake signal. Reducing the BRF to OFF means the user needs to press the brake only with maximum force to achieve 100% brake signal.

I like a soft brake so I have my BRF at 20-40 car/game dependent (typically 20).

Jerome

You know what?! I did not think of the solution being in the wheel! I had no idea brake force was in the wheel settings too. I will look into the BRF settings on the wheel--this should work since there are about 5 settings you can have and I can just make a custom one for GTSport.

Have you tried having this setting closer to 100, rather than OFF? It seems the higher the setting, the less force you need to apply to the pedal.

The setting I'm thinking of in the manual is:

6.3.9 BRF (brake force) BRF range: OFF 010 … 100; BRF default: 050
This brake force modifiers give you the ability to adjust the brake feeling according to your favour: Increasing the BRF to 100 means the user needs to press the brake with minimum force to achieve 100% brake signal. Reducing the BRF to OFF means the user needs to press the brake only with maximum force to achieve 100% brake signal.

If you have the latest software on your wheel it reverses the brF settings. 100% brF for me is making it harder.

I got it to work! I checked my firmware and I was up to date. In the Fanatec Windows app, I was able to tune the BRF on the wheel and see its effects on the brake. This confirmed my theory that GTSport thinks I'm using the standard CSL brake pedal. My BRF is set to 60 now, it was set to 100 when I checked. With just a tune to the BRF, I can now register full travel on GTSport!

@Sander Aerts Since we have a similar setup, maybe try this:
Put the foam piece at the top, closest to the back of the pedal. Follow the foam piece with the softest rubber piece and add the next softest after it. The rubber pieces should get harder as you get farther away from the pedal. With this setup, a BRF between (soft) 40-70 (hard) should work well. See the picture. Its still firm but I have been using this for a year and it works well in F1 2019 and Project Cars 2, yet to test longterm on GTSport but I like it so far! Hope it helps!

Thanks to everyone for your input, my issue was resolved with the BRF setting to 60 with the CSL LC Pedal.
My setup for anyone else looking for a solution:

CSL Elite for PS4 Bundle
https://fanatec.com/us-en/bundles/c...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

ClubSport Steering Wheel F1
https://fanatec.com/us-en/steering-...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

CSL Elite Pedal w/ LC (default break converted to clutch, included)
https://fanatec.com/us-en/accessori...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Playstation 4 Pro
Samsung UHD 4K 55"
Games: GTSport (6), F1 2019, Project Cars 2, DiRT 4, DiRT 2.0, NASCAR Heat 4
Playseat Challenge (NASCAR)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DF1V3HC/?tag=gtplanet-20

Attachments

• CSL_PEDAL_LC.jpg
    CSL_PEDAL_LC.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 82
Back