How do I get matte paint?

  • Thread starter Thread starter neil1280
  • 47 comments
  • 3,835 views
Messages
356
Messages
BIG-DOG-BINGHAM
or chrome paint, i see everyone trading paints on here but i only ever got 2 matte paints! im not willing to tarde any decent cars for it but im just wondering how everyone aquired them, is it just luck?
 
Every 30 cars you buy i think, you get a special paint. And you win some paint on go karts in specials.

Dont just take my word for it tho.
 
or chrome paint, i see everyone trading paints on here but i only ever got 2 matte paints! im not willing to tarde any decent cars for it but im just wondering how everyone aquired them, is it just luck?
Yeah, I don't come across too many in GT mode either. You're best off trading for some in the marketplace; that's how I got most of mine.

EDIT: Didn't see you're not willing to trade for them.
 
I remembered a thread that explained that the game doesn't save when you get the paint until after you hit OK. This is important because If you backed up right before you hit your 10th car, you can reload the save and try again. I'm not sure If it'll work, though, as I didn't tried it myself yet. But seems legit, as it also provided a video.
 
elitedriver123
I remembered a thread that explained that the game doesn't save when you get the paint until after you hit OK. This is important because If you backed up right before you hit your 10th car, you can reload the save and try again. I'm not sure If it'll work, though, as I didn't tried it myself yet. But seems legit, as it also provided a video.

Ive seen a video to this. And it is legit. I totally forgot that could be done. Isnt it the 10th car purchased or won that gives you a horn ? I thought it was 30 cars.
 
Ive seen a video to this. And it is legit. I totally forgot that could be done. Isnt it the 10th car purchased or won that gives you a horn ? I thought it was 30 cars.

I'm not sure. My last 10th car got me a Matte paint, or the one before. I could be wrong, though. I'll see on my next 10th car.
 
elitedriver123
I'm not sure. My last 10th car got me a Matte paint, or the one before. I could be wrong, though. I'll see on my next 10th car.

Ok cool. Its been that long since ive got a car i could be wrong too. Its just i once seen someone say they kept buying 30 go karts to get a special paints lol.
 
Matte paint for every 30 cars acquired. Horns are like every 10 I think.
 
Every multiple of 30, you get a matte or a chrome. I don't think you ever randomly get them. And you only get the the first time you hit that multiple.

I.E. getting 30, selling a car, getting to 30 again does not give another.

So, with my 700 cars, I have received 23 special paints (and only 1 of them was chrome.)
 
Ok cool. Its been that long since ive got a car i could be wrong too. Its just i once seen someone say they kept buying 30 go karts to get a special paints lol.

Alright I hit my 10th car (Just bought the top 3 cheapest cars in my current UCD to get there :lol:), and got a Horns No. 149. I'm gonna reload to my backup and see what happens.

EDIT: Got a Horns No. 086. I'll try again.

EDIT 2: Guess what? More Horns -- Horn No. 233. Guess that tells me that you horns every 10th car (could be wrong if another person did more trials). On my next 10th is my 30th car, so I'll see If I get a matte/chrome.
 
Last edited:
elitedriver123
Alright I hit my 10th car (Just bought the top 3 cheapest cars in my current UCD to get there :lol:), and got a Horns No. 149. I'm gonna reload to my backup and see what happens.

EDIT: Got a Horns No. 086. I'll try again.

EDIT 2: Guess what? More Horns -- Horn No. 233. Guess that tells me that you horns every 10th car (could be wrong if another person did more trials). On my next 10th is my 30th car, so I'll see If I get a matte/chrome.

My moneys on matte paint chip. I only recall getting a chrome chip twice.
 
You get like 10 paints just for logging in but it's not likely that you'll get any matte paints.
 
There's this one called "Matt black" that you can get from logging in.
 
You get like 10 paints just for logging in but it's not likely that you'll get any matte paints.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten several matte paints from the login bonus... over the course of a couple of months. Not heaps of them of course.
 
I'm pretty sure I've gotten several matte paints from the login bonus... over the course of a couple of months. Not heaps of them of course.

Believe it or not I have never gotten any matte paints from logging in, all the ones that I have have been sent to me.
 
What I do is I do the sarthe ferrari seasonal twice then buy all the cars in the UCD that I don't have then repeat, I've bought almost 100 cars in 2 days and went from 5,000 cr to 6.5 mil cr and gotten a few mattes and several horns
 
If you're looking for matte black (which is great for the two Murcielagos or even the Viper), one way to get it is by buying a Lexus LFA (obviously in matte black).
 
or chrome paint, i see everyone trading paints on here but i only ever got 2 matte paints! im not willing to tarde any decent cars for it but im just wondering how everyone aquired them, is it just luck?

Ill give you 2 chromes silver and 3 matte black, for nothing, just ask.

👍
 
Ill give you 2 chromes silver and 3 matte black, for nothing, just ask.

👍

I you are giving the 3 matte blacks away I would like to have them and I can give you something for them if you like.:sly:
 
I you are giving the 3 matte blacks away I would like to have them and I can give you something for them if you like.:sly:

Add me, so i can give you 2 chips one day and 2 the next, if you have some helmets i like somes. 👍
 
Add me, so i can give you 2 chips one day and 2 the next, if you have some helmets i like somes. 👍

will add you in a few mins. and the helmets are good!!👍
 
does anyone have a matte yellow? would love to have it.
 
does anyone have a matte yellow? would love to have it.

I have some matte colors, ill check. 👍
 
Mildrum has kindly offered to throw me a couple of mattes and colourshifts, what a guy!

is there a matte bright blue or orange?
 
I am also looking for "fire black"...I have things I can trade if you like.
 
What specifically or the chrome and gold paints called? i just got a gold metallic from winning a seasonal event it randomly selected a paint.
 
The chromes are just called silver/gold chrome think (Just select chrome in the catagory list and you'll see if you have any in your list). It's strange because I never got the chrome colors at all and then suddenly I started getting them. I have 9 or 10 of each now. I have quite a few matte colors but for some reason have never received a matte black. (which of course is what I'd like the most)
 
Matte paint for every 30 cars acquired. Horns are like every 10 I think.

I only have 167 cars, and the only two matte paints that I received were matte white and red. And those were a long time ago. I recently got my first chrome paint. It was gold, and I believe I got it for having 130 cars. So it doesn't seem to follow your 30 car rule.
 
The only matte paint you can get whenever you wish is if you buy the Lexus LFA in "Matt Black". Or at least that I'm aware of.
That is, if you want a 375,00 Cr. matte paint job on your car(s).
 
Back