How do I get me an hdtv if my old tv is "fine"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gallade475
  • 41 comments
  • 2,926 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallade475

(Banned)
Messages
78
Messages
Gallade475
Ok, I'm 12, so I cannot get a job. My mother says it is completely fine to get a g27 racing wheel but not a tv that costs the same. She says that we have enough tvs lying around the house. I f you want to know, My current tv is an old-ass emerson 480i Tube tv. The other one is another old-ass magnavox that has even worse sound and picture quality. She says that its just fine and i should deal with it but i cannot stand my tv anymore! What should I do?

/end rage
 
12 isn't too young to work. Mow peoples lawns during summer and shovel snow during winter. If you're in an area that never gets snow, keep mowing. You might be able to save enough for a decent sized HDTV. Let mom buy the wheel, then get to work.


You could also try to sell (or donate) your two junk TV's once you're ready to purchase the new one. That would solve the too many TV's issue.:)
 
Ok, I'm 12, so I cannot get a job. My mother says it is completely fine to get a g27 racing wheel but not a tv that costs the same. She says that we have enough tvs lying around the house. I f you want to know, My current tv is an old-ass emerson 480i Tube tv. The other one is another old-ass magnavox that has even worse sound and picture quality. She says that its just fine and i should deal with it but i cannot stand my tv anymore! What should I do?

/end rage

I remember saving up for a TV when I was 12. I saved up for one of those 480i tubes and thought it was the most awesome thing when I finally got one. Hard to feel your pain.

Save up from birthdays, Christmas, and whatever jobs you can get.
 
you see, its not the cost that is the problem. It is that I cannot get a tv but I can get a gaming peripheral. I don't get that. Plus, auctions actually sell that same tv I want for less than the g27 racing wheel.
 
Make a deal with your mom to pay her back for the TV upgrade?
 
My advice is to do small part time job like as stated by Euronymous616, mow peoples lawns during summer and/or shovel snow during winter. Another simple thing is to do car wash or perhaps sell some of your collections or unwanted stuff... You could earn anywhere from $3 to $5 for every car wash, mow lawn etc.
 
Tell her tube screens are bad for your eyes.. :lol:
 
What type of PC monitor are you using? Maybe it would work with your PS3.
 
What type of PC monitor are you using? Maybe it would work with your PS3.

This, if you don't usually watch much TV but need a screen for the PS3, you can buy a nice monitor for a lot less than an equivalent sized TV. However, your monitor would need to be HDCP, and you will need to run a HDMI > DVI converter cable. You'll also need speakers from somewhere else. It was a much cheaper solution for me personally, as I can watch TV through my PC via a TV Tuner card.
 
Make a deal with your mom to pay her back for the TV upgrade?
ya know, that does not sound like a bad idea.💡
 
Get of the game this weekend and do some stuff around the house without being asked to. If my kids did I wouldn't mind getting them a new one. If your already doing that get to mowing. You could have bought two TVs by now if you had did it over the summer vacation.
 
I'm 15 and I mow my neighbor's front and back lawn for $15 twice a month. My parent have me wash the cars and I get $5 for that.
 
How much does an HDTV retail for these days because an HD LCD home cinema projector can be picked up for around 300GBP (not sure what that is in $).

Seriously better than a TV. No aching eyes from direct light, multi channel (HDMI, VGA x2 and others) and they give, in my example, 7ft x 9ft of screen area. :)
 
I'm 15 and I mow my neighbor's front and back lawn for $15 twice a month. My parent have me wash the cars and I get $5 for that.

find more neighbors and bump it up to 20-25. Enterprise. Show you the money. lol
 
BobbyBRAKEaNek
find more neighbors and bump it up to 20-25. Enterprise. Show you the money. lol

I'm gong to ask my other neighbor across the street soon. So I'll make even more money! :lol:
 
What if your current tv mysteriously stopped functioning? :sly:
 
What if your current tv mysteriously stopped functioning? :sly:
:lol:

But on a serious note, yes, try and convince her if you can to buy a TV and pay her back per week/month if you can. Being 12 it maybe hard but it's worth a try. :)

Or say you can use the TV as a PC monitor as well for school work or something. :p
 
Make a deal with your mom to pay her back for the TV upgrade?

Yes, never too early to start going into debt.

gallade
ya know, that does not sound like a bad idea.

Buy what you want with money you have, not with money you don't.
 
if something is 300 british pounds, that is 600 dollars. that's a ripoff. I am getting a 22 inch tv that has 1080p native solution, 2 hdmi's, a usb 2.0, ethernet, and vga. on ebay, most new ones are around 270 dollars. It is a samsung. I also only have room for a small tv in my entertainment center.
 
Isn't he to young to be on this forum. I had a friend get banned the other day for being to young
 
will he be banned
 
Isn't he to young to be on this forum. I had a friend get banned the other day for being to young

will he be banned

Are you trying to get someone banned? I don't know if there is an age limit for this forum but what you're saying is completely irrelevant to the thread and there are rules about going off topic and using poor grammar.
 
Are you trying to get someone banned? I don't know if there is an age limit for this forum but what you're saying is completely irrelevant to the thread and there are rules about going off topic and using poor grammar.

Its a 13 years age limit because of legal implications or something.
 
will he be banned
He can keep on topic and punctuates his posts, you can't. See the difference?
 
Buy what you want with money you have, not with money you don't.

Hey. Parent's are the best banks to make deals with! Though yes, it's best to not ask for too much!:lol:
 
if something is 300 british pounds, that is 600 dollars. that's a ripoff. I am getting a 22 inch tv that has 1080p native solution, 2 hdmi's, a usb 2.0, ethernet, and vga. on ebay, most new ones are around 270 dollars. It is a samsung. I also only have room for a small tv in my entertainment center.

...another suggestion, don't buy samsung.

You're a 12 year old with an entertainment center and complaining about the size of the TV in it... I think some hard work and saving money will do you a lot of good.
 
yeah, i might get banned, but probably after some of the people on here that are much worse than "just being 12".
 
...another suggestion, don't buy samsung.

You're a 12 year old with an entertainment center and complaining about the size of the TV in it... I think some hard work and saving money will do you a lot of good.
i'm not complaining about the size, its the actual act of buying the tv,and the fact that she thinks it is fine to get a g27 racing wheel instead of a tv that costs the same or less.
 
...another suggestion, don't buy samsung.

You're a 12 year old with an entertainment center and complaining about the size of the TV in it... I think some hard work and saving money will do you a lot of good.
and what is wrong with samsung?
 
Can I just suggest editing your posts, rather than having three seperate posts? Just being friendly. Other than that, you can 19" TVs for about £100 in the UK, about $150, just sit a bit closer to the TV or make your own Steering wheel stand with enough space to place the TV on it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back