How do I have fun RACING after doing all the menu books? Really looking for help.

I dont think OP is into racing like that based on them asking this question(there's nothing wrong with that btw). Its like a basketball player asking what to do with themselves after the season is over. HOOP.

Hi everyone,

First post here and I'm a little discouraged and bummed out. I've loved my time doing the menu books so much, the driving in this game is sublime and as someone new to sin racing and learning about cars it's been an amazing experience.

I've basically completed all menu books and I'm struggling now with finding meaningful racing content to do, I'm worried my time with the game has come to an end because I don't want to do online and its sad.

Here's the issue: I don't mind the slow grinding for credits, I don't mind just picking a car and racing the AI, making money slowly, learning my car and upgrading it and just taking things slow.

The problem is, I select either quick race at the highest difficulty or make my custom rules with boost on strong and the difficulty of the AI to the highest and what happens is in some cars even starting being all the way behind, I'll pass them in seconds and it ends of being a glorified time trial. Sometimes if I take a car that's not upgraded it may take a lap or two but I'll pass everyone anyway and then be in the same position as above.

For those who primarily plays single player and just want to race, is there any way to just pick a car I want to invest in and have meaningful races?

If I don't want to do the license tests or missions am I just basically done with the game now if I don't want to do online for racing? Surely In a racing game, one that haven't seen my absolute favorite, there's a way to pick your desired car and have at least somewhat meaningful races where you're not always in first place within a lap right?

Hopefully I'm just missing something here and someone has some ideas to help me get what I'm looking for, all I want to do is play the game more and have at least somewhat decent racing or even a reason to race.

Thank you.
I haven't played custom races recently, but my last time messing with them showed that they don't use the same AI as the regular events. You are much better off using for example a GR3 on a WTC 800 event than doing a custom race. Forza appears to have the same issue. Free play AI does not hold up. The only issue and it isn't really an issue, but you can't upgrade your cars and find competitive events. You need to use a stock GR3 for WTC800, stock GR4 for WTC 700. WTC 600 you can take to 600 even, but usually that does not involve many upgrades. Change AI difficulty as needed. Easy = Bronze. Normal = Silver. Hard = Gold. So you basically need to run 5 consecutive gold laps from the Circuit Experience to beat a WTC 800 event with a stock GR3 on AI hard.

Counter intuitive as the game provides so many upgrades, but it doesn't make for a competitive event. Turbo Sports cars 700 for example is competitive with a stock R34 skyline, at 517 pp. You start doing weigh reduction, etc etc and that event will lose its competitiveness quickly and you may need to enter it in a higher event. Hardly a perfect system, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Back