How do I stop wheelspin?

United Kingdom
Merseyside, UK
Hi all. I've been fully tuning all my cars, but with many of them, wheelspin is stopping me from getting power onto the track, even in 4WD and with R5s. Help!

1000hp isin't going to go to the ground all at once. Use some TCS or just throttle control.
Roll into the throttle slowly, you may not be able to get to full throttle on some small straights.

Better car and throttle control helps. If available, sticker tyres helps too. But if you still need help in stopping wheel spin then traction control helps a lot.

If you use a manual, have you tried launching in second gear? That really helps to control smoke on some cars. Taller gearing (numerically lower) ratios could help too, especially first gear. Just controlling the throttle can work too if you're not that bad at it. If all bets are off, just turn on TCS if you don't mind losing time on aid intervention (lol oxymoron). Just keep in mind that aids getting you way can cost some time. Although I don't use it much anymore, TCS on 1 can help on higher powered cars. Launching an 800 horsepower Speed 12 isn't easy, as it will fry its tires all the way through third gear.

And if you find you're winning too easily, just take off power. That could work even if you're not looking for a challenge.

Maybe increase the front torque split.
Also, a truck is going to overload the tires and any extra throttle will light them up.

Other ways to reduce wheelspin are to add ballast over the drive wheels, increase downforce over the drive wheels or adjust your transmission gears to be wider. Basically, make it harder for the car to accelerate.

It's at the back. Would softening the suspension help?💡

I know this is a REALLY late response, but yes, softer rear suspension, and a higher front rebound can help. Also, a higher LSD acceleration number will help.

Latest Posts

Back