How do u guys set up ur viper ?

I have a sweet viper that is now 1000bhp, i want it as near to the gt spec viper as poss, i have every upgrade and im wondering what u have found to be good settings for this beast :)

Thanks in advance

You're never gonna get it to handle like the Team Oreca (presuming that's what you mean by GT spec?) so let's skip that shall we;)

You'll first have to rule out a huge dose of oversteer so lower the suspension and set camber angle +. You may fiddle with the brake settings too if you think that's necessery.

Try these minor adjustments and tell me how it drives, we can move on from there then.

And WELCOME TO GTPLANET!

The biggest frustration with all the power you have in something like a Viper is staying off it! That's really the key to controlling it rather than spending hours trying to find a perfect setup that's fast with no oversteer or wheelspin. Brake well in advance of corners, choose your line and feather the throttle (or lay off it altogether) until your exit point becomes clear then gently feed the power back on until you're straight enough to floor it again.

I actually like the way the Viper handles pretty much as it comes out of the box but then I like oversteering cars (much better than understeer any day of the week!). Strangely enough tho', one of the best ways to improve its handling is to turn the ASM off (all it does is turn predictable oversteer into unpredictable sideways slide). If analogue throttle isn't in your style then turn the TCS up and that'll help keep the backend in line under acceleration (as will a high LSD A setting).

viper266.jpg

sorry,i just like posting that pic :)

anywas try the toe in in the rear.... works wonders....

Hi guys im playin with the settings now, thanx for all the input.
I tried a endurance race but i had no tires left after 2 laps, they are supersofts so il guess ill try some harder tires.

Thanks again :)

Back