How do u trade licenses from GT3 to GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter craig1591
  • 13 comments
  • 14,715 views
Messages
19
Messages
Craig1591
I'm just starting a new file and i was wondering how do i trade lincenses from GT3 to GT4....
 
I only have up to the national A on GT3, all in bronze..
 
craig1591
I'm just starting a new file and i was wondering how do i trade lincenses from GT3 to GT4....

Go into the Home option from the map screen and open the status option, pressing the start button will then open the money/licence transfer option.


craig1591
I only have up to the national A on GT3, all in bronze..

Dunno if that will cause any problem at all, give it a go.


Hope that helps you out.

Regards

Scaff


BTW I don't know if you are aware of it but you can use the edit button to amend/add to one of you're posts.Would have saved you the hassle of creating another post (which also winds some people up). :)
 
I think you need to have at least a bronze in all GT3 licenses, but you can try what Scaff said and let us know.
 
It just crossed my mind that when I started my "career" in GT4 i didn't import the licences. If I had done this, - I have all golds in GT3, - would I have gotten the price cars in GT4 too?

Sorry for weird sentence structures, English is not my native language as you can see.
 
Greycap
It just crossed my mind that when I started my "career" in GT4 i didn't import the licences. If I had done this, - I have all golds in GT3, - would I have gotten the price cars in GT4 too?

Sorry for weird sentence structures, English is not my native language as you can see.

no it doesnt matter what medals you have in gt3. and you don't get the prize cars either. it only shows up on your status screen as saying you have the b and a licenses. when you go to the license center, all 32(?) of the tests are blank.
 
craig1591
I'm just starting a new file and i was wondering how do i trade lincenses from GT3 to GT4....
Yoy can't import licenses from GT3, only money. Licenses must come from GT4 Prologue.
 
NikZer
Thanks :ouch:

Look here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53595 and here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67034

Can somebody clear up the following:

1. Is it true that GT4P was not avaible in North America?
2. If so, can those who live there import lincenses from GT3 (to GT4) instead of GT4P? I thought the licenses from GT3 where incompatible with GT4? :confused:

There seems to be some confusion about this.

well thats gotta be it...i live in north america and had never even heard of gt4p until this site, but i did have gt3 and transferred both licenses and money
 
coolacrille
But.... Was GT Prolougue only released in Japan and EU?

GT4 Prologue was only released in Japan and Europe that I am aware of; it may have had a release in other Asian markets and I am unsure of Australia.

I can however say that it was not released in the USA.

Hope that helps

Regards

Scaff
 
If you look at the first post in this thread: httphttps://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45159:// , you can find information saying that GT4P was released in three version in Asia and one Pal version for Europe and Australia. Since the person who started this thread lives in Australia, he will probably need GT4P to transfer licenses. Thats why he has problems transfering them from GT3. Case closed!
 
Here is what you do. When you are in the home screen, go to the status screen and press start there. It will give you directions on what to do there. Remember though, you can only do this ONCE, so you better make sure you are going all the way.

IMO, you should just start from scratch and get your B and A licenses the hard way. Just passing them will get you a couple of cars. Plus it will help you get used to GT4.
 
Back